Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Psychokino C3 - The Esper (discontinued)

Why Psychokino C3:

• CC for Days!! You can stunlock a group of people/monsters with PsychicPressure, Gravity Pole, Raise and a single target with Telekinesis. They either die from 1 Rotation, or gives our friends enough time to beat them up for us. Which makes it a good class for party-dungeons and PVP. Did I mention that Raise & Gravity Pole even get through Plague Doctors Bloodletting ?!
  • good synergy with Cryokino’s Icewall & Pyro’s Fireball.
  • Quite good for solo-playing, you wont have any issue with Elite Monsters (since you can stunlock them) or a group of mobs (stun lock them!).

Cons and drawbacks:

• you aren’t dishing out that much DPS like an Elementalist C3
  • your damage spells ( PsychicPressure/ Gravity Pole) requires you to stand still and channel them, any knockback or attack (without surespell on) will cancel the skill making the class awefull for Worldboss-ing.
  • you can’t change the direction of Gravity Pole. So if you miss, just ‘let it go~’.
  • Psychic Pressure requires you to get up close and personal.
  • Psycho’s skills have a target-limitation on them (Gravity Pole: 10, Raise: 13, PsychicPressure: 18)
  • Drains SP & SP-Potions like a Bitch.
  • the female costume sucks (not again…)

tldr; good for PVP, has a lot of disables. Soloable. Not that much dps, not so good for boss’ing. Most of the skills requires you to stand still and cast.

About me:

I’m Fuyu aka. Tatsumaki the Author of “Thaumaturge C3, The Buff Slave
a (Wiz 3 Psy 3 Cryo) on Telsiai.
Esper of ‘Rabbit Yam’, Maid for rent, former Leader of the SD Girls Society and a S-Class rank 2 Superhero.

Table of Contend:

• Introduction (Pros & Cons, About me)
  • Psychokino Skill Analysis
  • Spell Synergy
  • Class Syngergy
  • Recommended Builds
  • Status distribution
  • rec. Gear (pre 170)
  • rec. Gear (post 170)
  • Leveling Guide
  • Related Videos
  • FAQ
  • Changelog

Psychokino Skill Analysis:

• Psychic Pressure (main / melee aoe dmg cc / C1)
    It’s a really simple skill you stand still, casting it and do AOE damage in front of you (almost melee range).

• Max it! 25s CD (34s with “Psychic Pressure: Stun” on) ~13s duration. Every level will add Base-dmg and Targets (5-19).

• This will be your bread & butter which will be your main damage source until you replace it with the range version, ‘Gravity Pole’ once you hit C3.

• Attribute “Psychic Pressure: Stun (C2)” allows you to stun-lock the enemy with PP, but adds an additional 9s to the Cooldown.

• Telekinesis (single target cc / C1)
    Use psychokinesis to capture a target in front and throw it around. Inflicts damage by throwing the captured target in a direction using your arrow keys.

• At least 3 Points for the Hits and duration. 30s CD. Every level will add Base-dmg, number of hits (1-8) and the duration (4-18).

• It’s a good skill to disable a single target. It doesn’t requires targeting, which could be good because it’s fast and bad in the same time, since you can’t choose your target (once in a duel i Telekinesis’d a Pet instead of the Player ._____.).
    Cast Telekine and while they are bouncing into the air after the last hit > quickly follow up with another skill to kill them (PsychicPressure,GravityPole, Raise)

• you can cancel the skill before the duration ends by clicking on the buff icon.

• Swap (utility / C1)
    Swaps your position with that of the enemy.

• get at least one point in it. Mainly used to swap the target into the Icewall or Raise.

• more points gives you more Targets that you can swap (1-10)

• Teleportation (mobility / C1)
    Teleport to the direction you are facing or the direction you hold your direction-keys.

• 20s CD. Adds distance with every level. At least 3 points for running away (more points are recommented).

• You can use it to Teleport into the enemy and use Raise to send their whole group flying * gachigasm*

• Magnetic Force (utility / C2)
    You cast it and wait a few seconds to pull enemies into the target location

• 1 point Wonder, 25s CD. More level only add additional Base-dmg. It’s like a small hangmans knot.

• Has chance to Stun for 4s with the Attribute “Magnetic Force: Stun”

• The Skill works differently in PVP: it will hold the enemy upon cast, so they can’t walk out of the range and pull them to the center after a few seconds.

• Raise (AOE CC / C3)
    It’s an amaxing disable, you just send everything around you flying into the air, waiting to get slauthered.

• MAX!! 50s CD. Level 5 gives: 10s duration & 13 Targets. (not affecting Bosses anymore)

• Be aware that the targets will be temporarly Flying-type, which could be good for Archers or make your Krivis hates you.

• Gravity Pole (main / range aoe dmg cc / C3)
    Creates a gravity field in front of you in a line that pulls nearby enemies into it.

• MAX!! 30s CD. 10s Duration. Max 10 Targets. You will shoot out a grey slimely-looking-thing in a line in front of you, which pulls the enemy to it (doesn’t effect Bosses), while doing a good amount of damage.

• Drawback: you can’t reposition the skill after you cast it, so you can ‘let it go~’ if you miss or the Boss walked out of it.

• To put it simply, it’s the ranged version of PsychicPressure and will be your new bread & butter skill after you reached C3.

• “Gravity Pole: Decreased Defense” is an attribute which reduces the enemy defense by 30% on max level.

Spell Synergy:

• Sure Spell
    Sure Spell: Skill cannot be interrupted by enemy Attacks (but still from knockbacks), you really want to have it on before casting PsychicPressure or GravityPole.

• Quick Cast
    Quick Cast: as a Psychokino we don’t make use of the reduced casting time but we use the Attribute aspect of this skill, which gives us 50% more damage while active.

• Icewall
    the Popular Icewall into PsychicPressure Combo. If you don’t know it already here’s a brief explanation of it: you cast Icewall in front of you and use PsychicPressure to send the Icewall shards flying to the Enemy, which does A TON of damage. almost every Boss (pre 200, and not party dun.) gets one shotted by it. Drawback is that Icewall has a 65s cooldown.

• Rune of Ice
    Rune of ice into Icewall, makes your Ice-Spells (not including deployment magic) do 3 times more damage. It rapes lol~

• Fireball
    the not so popular Fireball > PsychicPressure. It’s the same as with Icewall you cast PsychicPressure on the balls and they continously explode doing a lot of damage in a big AOE around them.
    Drawback: the fireballs will move away from your PP. Solution: place a Icewall behind them so they don’t slip away.

• Safety Zone
    prevents damage & knockback. Stand in it and cast your skills freely without worry of getting interupted.

Class Synergy:

• Wizard (2 for Surespell, 3 for Quickcast)

• C1: Sleep, good for PVP / Earthquake, emergency Knockback

• C2: Surespell, prevents interuption while casting (execpt for cc)

• C3: Quick Cast, reduces cast time in half (maybe for Rune of Ice) & the attribute gives you 50% more damage on all skills and normal attacks!!

• Cryomancer (either 1 or 3)

• C1: Icebolt, good long range Freeze / Ice Wal, for combo’n with PP.

• C2: Subzero Shield, mainly for PVP, has a chance to Freeze the enemy after they attack you, 60% chance on lv10, 70% with Audra equiped.

• C3: Snow Rolling, roll over your enemies and group them / Frost Pillar, a frosty Black Hole, pulling everything in. & of cause for the extra 5 level on Subzero Shield (OP OP!)

• about the recent PVP-Nerfs on Cryo: Icebolt doesn’t apply the attribute anymore (means that there is a MUCH lower chance to freeze the enemy, before it was something like a 90% chance). Which makes the skill almost useless in PVP. // The Icewall nerf, it only does 50% damage in PVP. BUT !! It’s still super strong and the chance of freezing the enemy is still there!, so it’s still super strong!

• Pyromancer
    could be ok-ish for dishing out dps while your Psycho skills are under cooldown. Take at least 2 circles. I still don’t recommend it though.

• Linker
    why would you even consider linker? you already have gravitypole to group monsters together!

• Thaumaturge
    if you have read my Thaumaturge Guide, you will know that you have to re-cast those Buffs A LOT which is not what a DPS’er would do. Only good reason for taking Thaumaturge would be Transpose: You basicly go Full int (because of the bonus points) and swap it with con (or gives half of it with the Attribute on).

• Elementalist
    If you want to be an Elementalist, then you better go Ele3. Since Elementalist kinda needs Wiz3 and if we go Psy3 too, that would leave us with only 1 circle left. So what could we get out of it ? Stone Curse, which i don’t think we will use, ever, since we already have so much CC & a level 5 Hail, which is… meh…

• Sorcerer
    100 sp recovery with the attribute, Summons to attack while we lock the enemy down. Could work, but i don’t want to think about how fast our SP would go down while both summon & gravity pole is on.

• Rune Caster
    mostly taken to boost the Ice wall damage with Rune of Ice.

• Warlock

• Pole of Agony, does a good amount of damage while you CC the enemy in place, but has a 2 MINUTE! cooldown!!

• Dark Theurge, surround yourself with evil spirits and go kamikaze on the enemy, does a good amount of damage, good follow up after the enemy is cc’d (raise, freeze, etc.)

• Featherfoot
    BLOOOOOOOOD, BLOOOD EVERYWHERE !!!
    Haven’t played it yet or even read anything much about the class, but from the skill description alone it’s like: do damage and heal yourself, but most of the skills that gives you hp don’t drain hp from human-type (i think) which makes it so-so for pvp and you will have a party with a cleric to grind past 200+ anyways which makes the healing part not that interesting anyways.

• Chronomancer, nope!
    You get max. only 2 Circles in Chrono (with psy3) so you will miss out on Pass, which leaves you only with a medicore lv 5 haste (it’s fast! but it’s better if a chrono 3 casts lv 10).

• Alchemist, nope! okay, maybe for the costume.

• Necromancer, never played it, please ask the other topic in the Forum, there’s a Necromancer Master that can give you a better opinion.

Recommended Builds:

There are 3 main routes for Psychokinos: the damage dealer (ex. wiz3 psy3) / the Ice Wall nuker (ex. wiz3 cryo psy rune) / The CC machine (ex. cryo3 psy3)

Examples:

Wiz 3 > Psy 3 > Warlock/Cryomancer/Feather Foot

The Psycho 3 Main with focus on DPS.

I left the last Circle out, so that you could decide for yourself.
Warlock for damage. Cryomancer for CC. FF for… w/e.

Wiz 3 > Cryo > Psy > Runecaster > Cryo2/Pyro/Warlock/Psy

The Icewall Burst

For the last Circle: Cryo2 for more Icewall levels / Pyro for the fireball Combo / Warlock for more burst (Poll of argony, then wait 2 Minutes) / Psy2 for the PP Stun attribute.

Wiz > Cryo 3 > Psy 3

It’s the Psycho 3 Main, with Focus on CC. Mostly for PVP with a stat allocation focused on Con.

*don’t let the rec. builds stop you from making your own Build! Be creative~ or try to pick something that you feel like you will have fun playing with.

15 Likes

Status distribution:

no STR, no DEX and little SPR. You don’t want to have a big SP pool since your skills drain percentage SP. The less max-mana you have, the less potions you will be using.

Now, about INT and CON: I think it’s more of a personal perfernce. Focus on CON for more survivebility, which is good for PVP and INT for damage on your spells. You could even go Full con if you just plan to PVP since you don’t need INT for doing damage in PVP (weird, but yeah…)
Either way, a Psychokino should have a good amount of Con (at least enough that you wont get one-shotted), since a lot of our skills require us to get up close and personal.

rec. Gear (pre 170):

• Cafrisun Set, gives us an additional attack (like sacrament).
    a video explaning the set: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-14Vq1qdpM
  • Arde dagger, Hair Costumes with -Property Attack. Both will gives us extra elemental damage which gets added to every hit we make. So it’s like 3 times more damage from them with sacrament and cafrisun set on every Auto-Attack.

rec. Gear (post 170):

• Audra , gives you +2 levels on all your Cryomancer skills. Get it if you have Cryo in your Build. Even more important if you only got 1 Circle in Cryo since you want to have at least 7-8 level in Icewall.
  • Animus, for the extra M.atk and scales with HP-regen (good for high Con builds).
    or Max Petamion, which gives you extra 15 points on all stats.
  • 3 Plate Tiles (Top, Bottom, Shoes) for the extra HP from the Plate-Mastery-Attribute & 1 Cloth Glove for the Magic Amplification.

Leveling Guide:

1 - 150: do quest, use cards (to stay not more than 5 level under the map-lv that you are doing the quests on), do the party dungeon and the Mercenary Missions once you are lv 100. Don’t forget that you can do 2 routes simultanisly (Klaipedia & Orsha). You should be able to get to lv 150 without any grinding.

• If you have money, buy buffs (Sacrament & Blessing) from Pardoners.
  • a high level Pet will help you a lot pre 100.
  • print out a >> map << and mark where you have already completed the quest. (or use paint like me lol~)
  • explore the map to 100% for 3 extra exp cards!

150+ : grind Demon Prison, Dina Bee farm. (save Cards)
170+ : do Quests and use your cards till you get 186 (curve reset)
186+ : get a Party and grind at Downtown or any other grind spot (save Cards)
200+ : do Quests and use your cards till you get 211
211+ : get a Party and grind Truffles at Alemeth Forest.
231+ : get a Party and search for a good grind spot.

Related Videos:

FAQ:

Change Log:

(26/04/16) added a tooltip for “Magnetic Force” in PVP / added Gravity Pole attribute / added Chronomancer Synergy / added Recommended Builds / answered questions till post 43

(07/05/16) this guide is discontinued

since I made the grave mistake to switch to the SEA server with my
friends (even though i life in EU). I got so much lag, even though i
only got a 0.3 ping that it’s almost unplayable for me.
I kinda don’t
want to start anew on the EU server and playing alone is boring
anyways, so i’m quitting TOS and ofc wont be comming to the forum really
often.

ANYWAYS ! i hope this guide could help everyone that took the time to
read it, It would be nice if someone could help answering the questions
that are still open. Thank you and take care Saviors!

4 Likes

and here comes the comment of a long term psy 3 / cry 3 player and ill just add stuff concerning pvp

so to begin with: magnetic force is a terrible skill - no matter what your doing or any situation the aoe count doesn increase - the area of effect is super small - it takes time to actually proc - little to no damage - all in all not even worth 1 point

swap is a great and huuuuuuge skill in gvg…i cant live without swapping around and making fool of others - its a great skill to combo with (swap ppl into your raise etc etc) its just too good and needs a minimum of 5 points (you can decide here between more points into telekines or swap)

teleport is bad - range and random effect is bad its just ew dont get it

telekines is a great spell - grab one in a matter of seconds and disable him from afar + throw him into wichever friendly groundspell there is - needs to be maxed for 1 v 1 purpose only / otherwise a solution between swap and tele works

gravity/raise wont have to mention - those are op skills

as for your staff suggestion if you choose cryo…rod + arde works better - in pvp you want to wear a shield for frost shield wich works wonders in pvp

1 Like

Teleport can be less random by pressing directional buttons (keyboard mode and probably controller mode) to go to the desired direction

Since I don’t see it mentioned (yet), I’d like to note that in keyboard mode, Teleport is somewhat controllable if you hold an arrow key beforehand.

Necromancer should be a valid option - Shoggoth is fun to have a meatshield about, Flesh Hoops since you gotta go up close anyway, might as well make use of it and flesh cannon with quickcast (if going Wiz3) does pretty awesome damage.

Prepares you for Rank 8 to go Necro 2 if you want or whatever the Rank 8 class will be.

That sounds like my build right there then

Though wish I could fit sorc in there somewhere :frowning:

If you plan to go heavily into pvp then Cry 2 Psy 3 Warlock is a very viable option. The 10 tile ice wall strategy is also very nice for any boss enemy and can do around 60k damage in 3 seconds without runecaster.

The upside to pvp is that you can shift enemies out of warlocks pole of agony with swap and telekinesis giving them a very nasty 16 second dot while stuck in raise. You also still get the neat subzero shield save if the enemy doesnt have plague doctor.

To anyone who says magnetic force is terrible - I agree in pve, but in pvp its insane, players are literally pulled instantly and get stuck for several seconds. Like 100% get magnetic force 1 point if you plan to pvp. I will happily demonstrate this for anyone who has doubts about the skill in pvp.

2 Likes

even in PVE, I still find MagForce useful for chain stunning mobs.

Can you pls post a vid on mf in pvp action? Thx.

Does Toy Hammer synergy with Kino C3 and till what lvl should we use toy hammer?

Krivis hates flying Mobs?
Zaibas hit all flying and ground Mob.
Cleric C1-C3 hates flying Mobs.

Nice Guide,my Wiztwink is Wiz C3 and i have PP+1 Gem.
I like the RC Costum and Ice Wall/PP nerf in KR.
I think i take RC as R7 Class.

Thank you for your hard work i really like your Guide!

Not very viable in the near future.

Sleep > MF, sorry but magnetic force is real sh** imo :smiley:

Great guide ! Just wanted to add the magnetic pole has an attribute that reduces monsters AND bosses physical defense by 30%! This is huge for physical damage dealers and they should coordinate to use it when the damage dealers have big cool downs!

By that logic sleep is useless because bloodletting. Considering how the game has changed this early beta I don’t see that class combo getting worse, only stronger. Also don’t call MF bad in pvp when you don’t know how it’s different in pvp compared to pve, unlike sleep it can’t be resisted.

I’ll post a video later.

I didn’t call MF bad at pvp in the first time, but your answer get me to some thoughts :

Bloodletting will get a huge nerf (pvp wise, battle league more precisely), and if you want to lock someone at pvp, while playing kino, telekinesis or raise/swap would be way more effective. Here is the note of last Kbt patch :

Skills have been re-balanced inside Team Battle League.
2. Plague Doctor
Healing Factor
Duration now lasts a fixed duration of 27 seconds
Skill Cooldown will increase by 20 Seconds.
Blood Letting
Duration becomes 15s + 2 per level.
Skill Cooldown will increase by 20 Seconds.

I didnt tried MF on pvp, i still think that the collapsing time (if there is any between opponents players when pvp) is not worth it compared to the 10 sec of Raise effect , or the 6+sec of telekinesis lock. On top of that, Kino3 is a pure CC class, PP, GP, Telekinesis, Swap, Raise AND Magnetic force.

Now if i had to class those skills by their CC effectiveness, magnetic force would be the last by far, IMO, both at pvp AND pve :slight_smile:

Finally, i was answering to @batzenbubu which was saying[quote=“boripach_k, post:9, topic:208157, full:true”]
even in PVE, I still find MagForce useful for chain stunning mobs.
[/quote]

and i still think that Sleep, as a pure CC skill at pve, is way better than MF, because in the end, Magnetic force Damages are really bad

I don’t think at any point that the Kino class is weak, IMC balanced PP and some other stuff since last ibt (when Kino was relly bad), and right now as the class is working, i think kino is or will become one of the strongest at pvp. :slight_smile:

But that is just my opinion !

Well I respect your opinion but the reason why I think it’s just as good is that you can chain raise with force and pole, there is no chance of escape!

I know about the bloodletting nerf but plague doctors are still 100% immune due to beak mask (100% immunity for the time when bloodletting is down). Godsend is that raise and pole are rank 10.
Telekinesis is bugged atm in our version, players will desync (zero damage) and status immunity works on it.

I think in 5v5 group pvp psychos just have to get creative - in 1v1 and 2v2 they are unstoppable.

Hoping rank 8 class have buff removal skills - or mimic has something.

Recorded a video earlier, i’ll edit it when I upload.

https://d1wst0behutosd.cloudfront.net/videos/8780015/23285219.480p.mp4?Expires=1461312999&Signature=m5EljzdC66yWErh0WWALSkY8ysMQ9lqhONPkR4FQFrW8r9r4g39YxXngVf8J3T8s3x18NLTK7qGilz725nJhNrYyP2bOqodlKyidIdm2T1C2F7u~Eh2xtA7Q7rYpnlTszFPm2qKiBpO~YbAvlo~RlpcEEYPL8CcZeUr2DW3WCr1bW7uEyVd~Ln1SLaU2e2NDc5wDVVNGxcV2Gk~xolfScsUSEJn~C2WF6u4sWGxC4jaymrngtTsPdxH9KOxdZSH-HyPquDLRuxCxZuXagdILaZv~aJVLNXk1~aNfaoODjk7UbyIoGmwTzS0Nu511pFvLuFu5SVFeXMEfTWN9xAb7hA__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAJJ6WELAPEP47UKWQ