Tree of Savior Forum

Thaumaturge and endgame - questions, always questions @_@

Hi! How are you guys going?

I’m going through a lot of questions, mostly about Thaumaturge and endgame.

Basically I want a Thauma c3 build, preferably support. Yeah, I know most people won’t recommend Thauma c3, but I want it.
Everybody says “take Chrono” here, “take Chrono” there. I know Chrono is the ultimately best-choice-sup-wizard-2016, but in a game that has so many classes I don’t want to be the copy of the copy of the copy just to be meta, just to be the chosen, although I want a useful build. I know Chrono is better in a lot of things.

With that said, how useful is Thauma c3? Can I have a place in grind parties? It’s really useful? What builds you guys think would be useful?

Is the ET the only dungeon in the endgame? Shoud I sit here and wait until the game has more endgame possibilities? (Because I will anyway @_@).

1 Like

Me and my friends literally cancel thau buffs because we hate the way the giant hands and head look lol.

But for people that don’t hate it theyre still meh. If they get the blessing / Concentrate treatment down the road they could be something.

You admitted in your post that you already know Thauma isn’t a good option. Nobody’s going to tell you otherwise. It’s worse than Linker and it’s worse than Chrono. Going Thauma3 is super non-viable. You can squeeze in Thauma2 if you really want for a hybrid support/dps build, like Wiz3 Thauma2 Linker Featherfoot or Pyro Linker Thauma2 Necro2. Maybe even with a pyrokino or cryokino build.

They are not meh, only swell head is kind of weak, the thing is that they directly boost your physical/magical attack/defense, so they get the bonus from critical/quick cast/attributes, unlike blessing and concentrate.

But now that they buffed those, the difference became smaller, yet as a thaumaturge 3 I still find the buffs useful at misions/TBL.

In fact, if I buy Aspersio I usually receive 1 damage from all physical mobs, and the magical mobs are reduced to nothing with Shrink Body.

However, it’s not really recomendable to pick Thauma 3 since Swell Head is a very weak buff, you only need to take it if you want more duration from the buffs, so you don’t have to spam them as often.

Cryo3 -> Thauma3 fullsupport.
Pyro/Cryo -> Linker1/2 -> Thaum3 (-> Linker2) support.
Pyro3 -> thaum3 offensive, pyro2 -> thaum3 -> warlock.
Wiz3 -> Thaum3 -> warlock/featherfoot.

Thauma3 with maxed attributes provides a lot of extra bonus dmg. Your weakness is lack of buffslots, requires daino (scrolls). Your buff range isn’t decent, and you have to recast a lot. Soloplay is difficult. I have postponed mine due to cutscene bug.

INT bonus on swell brain is best for cleric heal (and priest massheal), cure, krivis zaibas since it scales twice.

Relevance:

(older)

1 Like

My problem with the higher circles of Thauma as a support character is that their buffs are not really universally useful.

Swell Brain is obviously only good for Clerics and Wizards

Swell Right Arm is only good for Clerics and Wizards again, and a few Swordsmen. That’s assuming people won’t switch to 2-h staves later on. Archers don’t really use daggers anymore and the top DPS swordsmen are on two-handed weapons.

If you take Linker. But they’d be taking you as a linker. Well, you can always join those who aren’t looking for anything specific.

If you really want to go all the way to C3 and play as support, then maybe something like Cryo1 > Linker1 > Thauma3 > Featherfoot2

You take Featherfoot2 for healing but that’s assuming Featherfoot2’s healing stuff is going to be good. It also sort of justifies you focusing on Thauma over Chrono, because if you took Chrono3, you wouldn’t have been able to get Feather2

Wait, wait, wait, does Swell Right Arm really not increase attack if your offhand is a pistol or cannon? That’s pretty incredible, well done IMC. My opinion of Thauma just dropped even lower.

Didn’t read anything that was said here other than OP but everytime there’s a thauma in the party I get mad. Blame buff slots.

Yes, aspersion and sacrament are very important to me.

I play Cryo3Thaum3 (and Wiz3Thaum2Necro2) but I’m too lazy to do ET or help people out at Demon Lords. (I’m Lv 271)

All I do is the other World Bosses.

@Tyrosine_Kinase @greyhiem @tampon thank you for your words, it was exactly what I wanted to know.

It’s sad how the Thaum third rank is so weak when compared to other wizards.

Btw, I think I’ll take the Linker2 Thaum3 build, or maybe Thaum2 and wait for a buff, I don’t know anymore. Anyway, I really liked the class :3

Thank you guys.

I’m following a similar build with my thaumaturge, it’s a PyroLinkerThauma3 and I’ve decided to pick linker2 at rank 7 to prepare a possible Enchanter for rank 8.

I actually have a lot of fun with it, mainly because I can deal a lot of damage with my autoattacks, specially dagger-attacks from my arde dagger, since swell buffs increase both primary and secondary attack values, and joint penalty currently doubles the damage from it, after that we add Enchant Fire and Sacrament, and you see a lot of number falling down.

So, leveling as a thaumaturge is a lot fun and not as much suffering as other support classes.

Well I took chrono because i was so freaky out about “The Goal of All Life is Death”… i wanted to calm down my Fan Boy desair LMAO… I didnt chose for his popularity… I wanted to take Thauma, But I am almost all the time alone and I thought it would be a nightmare to level up. If they are 10 Rank at the end, I believe it would be interesting to be Chrono3>Thaum3.