Tree of Savior Forum

[Guide] Thaumaturge C3 - The Buff Slave

Yea, pyro 2 has an awesome damage, especially paired with Thauma 3. However, the spells are not very effective in party : fireball will get pushed away, flame ground is too slow, fire wall and flare are… meh, fire pillar has super long CD. Pyro 2 is more of a solo mage in my opinion. Having a second linker in a party is always useful.

The only purpose is for it to swap int and con. Not just high int and con, just int and con of any amount. Anything goes after that.
You also missed the point of my post, because it was you who suggested that there’s a way it’s supposed to be used. This can be seen in your knife analogies and in a post in which you said “But I don’t think that is the purpose of the skill.”
In my previous reply to you, I was contradicting your analogy by pointing out that the skill isn’t like a knife, and I was pointing out that you are getting ahead of yourself for assuming you know what it’s designed purpose beyond just the swapping of stats.

Maybe my knife example isn’t the best, but when the purpose being HP regen in off combat situation, then I will disagree, as I think it is meant for combat situation. My bottom line is, the skill is meant for combat situation, not using it in combat does not use it up to the potential.

IMO. i think Transpose isn’t that usefull for an Int-Build, since you will mostly be with your Party most of the time and you wont need that regen, but as stated above it really help when solo-ing. Using it for HP in boss-fights ins’t that usefull in reallity either, since you should have enough HP, or stand far enough that you wont die from lesser-skills. // Framebreath still insta-kills everything, there is no amount of HP that could save you…

Anyways, getting 1 point into the skill, doesn’t seem to be a bad decision, but that’s for the cost of 1 level less in swell/shrink-Body.

Regarding Con builds, so far, if we just go with the Beta-contend. A Con-Build, is extremely weak in comparison to Int or Hybrid builds. That’s because you will get bonus % on your Int with every advancement and tank builds aren’t very good in this alteration of TOS anyways, as you can read it everywhere in the Forum right now.

Remember, your Wizard is not a Tank class, you already have decent fire power from Pyro. But instead of glass cannon, you are tank mini-cannon with the ability to switch to glass cannon.

Another reason for CON-build being weak is due to lack of CC from monsters. Pretty sure it will be opposite in PvP. As myself aiming for C3 Linker C3 Thaumaturge (with Pyro or Minic as end game), a CON Linker makes more sense, particularly with Life Line and Knot (you get INT from anyone, but you don’t get CON from anyone). As for other build, CON build will be useful when there are skills to remove your buff in the future.

Hey, I said that myself so I was supporting you about the real purpose thing. Just want to add a bit that since the skill is to swap Int and Con, you need to have a considerable difference in these stats to make it worth swapping.

That’s fair, with higher rank, Con build would be more desirable to support mage. However for this beta, hybrid is much better in my opinion.

I agree that Pyro2 should be a better way, pyro have high hit count skills(Fireballs/Flameground/Firewall) which benefited effectively with Thaumaturge’s Buff.

While fireball is not a good party skill, firewall/flameground is still valid for party. (while it can be minimize by increase the aoe and place it right behind)
In term of solo, a self buffed ThauC3 is not losing to ElemC3 so far away.
But the additional feature of buffing party is certainly something to win as overall.

As compare Pyro2 with Linker1
I only think linker is better in dungeon, but not really grinding.
There is probably more than 5 mobs in power leveling, they died so fast and it doesn’t make much different.
A taunt and tanker is better in term of this.

nice, thanks for the info. I thought I would have to use a 1-H rod for the buff. Guess I will stick to my Staff then.

Peltasta Is shotest skirt …ummm :slight_smile:

Questions about Thaumaturge.

1. Can you use [Shrink Body] on Boss monster?
  2. Can you stack [Shrink Body] and [Swell Body]? I know size of mob will be normal if this can happen; but I want other effects of those skills.
  3. If I use [Swell Body] on a monster with 1 HP left out of 100 HP, how will the monster’s HP change? 2HP? or 101 HP?

If answer is yes (which I doubt) to first two, Imagine how fun it would be to shrink and swell the boss at same time!

p.s. Debating classes after Pyro C2 and before Alchemist. Thaumaturge 2, Thau + Chrono, Link + Thau?

Hi, thanks for the guide!
So, i’m following @Pyroxys guide atm since i’m soloing most of the time, but when obt starts i’ll have a full party playing with me all the time (i guess i’ll do a solo char and an especific one for this party). I was planning going pyro > linker c2 > thauma > necro. But seeing this guide, thauma looks more profitable in this party. We already have one doppel, one hoplite > cataphract planning to go dragoon and one paladin that will go druid, full support. You think it’s worth it to go pyro/cryo > linker> thauma c3 then? I mean, ofc i’ll not do much dmg at all, but the plan is to be the utility guy on the party, i think that fits my playstile. Also, i just turned thauma right now and i’m in love with the costume :3

I’m calling it now Transpose is for Featherfoot.

@eliteofsun
1 Unlike Chronomancers skill to make some types of bosses revive you can’t use shrink or swell on bosses… for now if ever.

2 You can’t stack shrink and swell seperately but, you can do the same one twice making a large field monster be small then big again or a small one large n vice versa, doing shrink or swell twice doesn’t double up the effects.

3 The HP will be 101 unless you kill it with swell body which is the purpose of the 60% attack attribute when you cast it. If you use swell body on monsters that are already large the HP doesn’t increase and you still get the double exp/drop and increased damage/slow movement if you use those other attributes.

since your party wont have a magic-dps class (with 2 swordies being the main dps here),there’s not really a point for going Thaum C3, exept for more level on both arms. The only new skill that you will get is swell brain, which gives int.

i would rather recommend linker C2, linker > sorc, or pyro C3-c2+link // kinda leaning towards sorc though & your party needs a linker.

I have the same feeling too! Cant wait to add Featherfoot to my solo mage build!!

If I have Lv5 [Joint Penalty] to link 5 monsters and have Lv1 [Swell Body] with additional damage attribute, does all linked monster get [Swell Body] DeBuffs since linked monsters like to share damage.

They dont, because that attribute doesnt work like it is written in description and is useless.

Bump. i’m currently updating it to the current Meta until the Server opens.

2 Likes

waiting anxiously the update to the current Meta so I can compare and give some thoughts as how I will build mine Thaum :smiley:

i already updated the builds since day1 :smiley:
feel free to ask any questions though

edit: oh well, guess i will add some interesting builds and a level guide later.

1 Like

You’re really a Master Thaumaturge, aren’t you? =D So I would REALLY like some advice about Transpose and stats … I was going to make a full CON build, so I could be really tanky and use Transpose just when the damage was needed and safe to loose the HP. But the math on this particular topic made me rethink that option, cause seems like I would be loosing A LOT of stat points…

The topic: Thaumaturge - Transpose Skill

Soo… Would like your opinion on that =D Also, Featherfoot would be great to regen HP after each cast of Transpose, right?