Tree of Savior Forum

GM Information Session - Orange Returns

Hi everyone, some more information from GM_Orange who met with players in Klaipeda on Orsha. This one is actually multiple conversations put into one, they took place over the past week or so. Anyway, some interesting insights about IMC and TOS from the fruit known as Orange. Thanks for talking for literally hours, and thank you to everyone else for hanging out.

Previous GM Information:

• Nuale Cards are working as intended, the description is wrong

• KTOS balance changes might not come with the major content update, but may come all at once on their own, this is undecided

• IMC has been hiring more Staff

• Specifically developers

• With increased Staff, faster updates and less buggy content will come

• Management feels that speed and quality are a big concern

• Took feedback on new GVG

• Some forum category reorganisation

• More QA and testing for the major content update, it’s particularly vigorous this week

• Devs will not be attending GM meetup due to language barrier

• Some Staff want an Orsha-Klaipeda Merge, others are against it, no plans of it actually happening though

• One of the main reasons for no merging is to keep a smaller server that has a smaller community

• Staff are working to find solutions to long queues etc.

• Took feedback on AFKing, Macroing and Botting

• More GM Art coming

• KTOS and ITOS TP Stores are priced differently, some are cheaper or more expensive but are roughly equal overall

• Devs know about medals being untradable within a team and are considering changing it

• No talk of Rank Resets

• Increased efforts and results in reprimanding cheating players

• Specifically brought up, AFKing, Macroing, Botting, and RMTing

• Cracking down on the forums has begun

• Specifically on trolling, racism, and breaking the guidelines

• GM’s actively play on KTOS as normal players

• Orange reiterated Papaya’s point about not all the exploits that the community thought existed, actually existed

• If they did exist, and were as bad as they were thought to be, the servers would have been rolled back

• Working on a way to stop gold seller whispering

• Blank entries in the Adventure Journal is a known bug that will be fixed, it’s caused by different languages clashing and bugging out

• Talked about events, what makes them good, and some general feedback

• Orange agrees with the goal of focusing on Optimisation and Stability being a primary priority

• GM’s focus is on communication

• One of the best ways for the community to become involved, is to keep offering suggestions

• Orange may be a real life Chrono

Thanks again to Orange for talking to us for so long. It was literally like four hours tonight plus a few more from the previous discussions. Also thank you to everyone else who was there, (especially the hectic skill spamming ;)). Please correct any information, or if any of the Staff want to expand on information here, I’ll buy you Tim Hortons.

-

I tried to get Orange to show off the new Guild armband, didn’t work :frowning:

20 Likes

I’m bothered by these two things.
The rest I’ll just nod through until I actually see changes, I guess.

2 Likes

Lets hope this is true.

What small community? There is barely people playing, 3-4k players spread across 6 servers is no community.

The issue is not the price but content, we have different stuff, we get locked under medal shop with good things in it and have to waste more money than KR and JP because of that?
That is called no respect to the consumer.

At least one with a good sense for developing. I didn’t like oranges much, but I will start to like them more LOL.

Again, big thanks for @Queue and Orange for taking the time to bring these info.

5 Likes

thanks @Queue as always

always is queue

queue~

1 Like

Hence why they have little knowledge about iToS problems… oh well.

Looking for that one C:

3 Likes

Now I know why tos made so many shitty decisions. This is the root of problems. I’d suggest IMC list out these staffs/devs and sack them immediately.

This is why they have no idea about bugs in iTOS.

I noticed they started banning macro users. However, for a person that can play the game without looking at their screen, 30 days ban is nothing because apparently no bot owner stare at their screen when botting. If they bot, that means they have other activities to fill in their extra time. Until IMC can learn to perma ban botter/exploiters, cheating issue isnt going anywhere.

3 Likes

Thank you @Queue for the updates, really nice to see they finally taking the official iToS forums more seriously.

4 Likes

More like the staffs only talk to Queue. Special privilege maybe?

2 Likes

Lol why would they play on iTOS servers where the ping is so high for them

1 Like

:arrow_forward: Some Staff want Orsha-Klaipeda Merge, other are against it.

As I got detailed info. with GM_Orange, said that some of staff-members feel like to sympathize our players feeling and emotions what our players want to share it. Problems including Too Long time to wait for Instanced Dungeon and Mission Queue and etc. Not meaning as will be merged soon. :grin:

4 Likes

Greetings! @Queue
1.Devs might be present at upcoming GM Meetup-
->No, they have language problem
that’s why we’ve translate Korean words into English on dev blog, web toon etc.
They won’t come at GM meet up.

4 Likes

@silverx093
I saw Orange was communicating with players who were playing in Orsha in “The Open Place” which is Klaipeda. All of Players are welcome to communicate with our GM after every Maintenance.

4 Likes

This thread turned into a laughing stock rather fast.

4 Likes

Thanks queue as always! :slight_smile: And thanks to staff for increased communication, I appreciate it.

1 Like

Okay my bad. Thanks for the clarification.

2 Likes

I’d guess they’re thinking long term after the game increases in population. For the record though, I am in favour of a merge because we need it right now.

I voiced my concern about our TP store not having as much, I hope it’s addressed after development speed increases.

Haha you’re welcome, I think I’ll stop by for a smoothie myself.

Standing in line in the early morning rush of Tim Hortons, all Canadians can relate to that one.

Me too, apparently we’ll see more fruits make an appearance.

No problem, I’m looking forward to it.

Exactly. :confused:

Clarified, thanks. :slight_smile:

Edited, good to know. I hope they give you the info you need for in depth mechanic questions.

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

They still hope for that? lol

Really late for that hope. It may happen, when they really show results instead of all this, “may be”, “has been thought”, etc…

Not sure if you took a look at the jToS thread, I played there for a couple of days, took a look in the TP shop, really different from ours, there are TP costumes and medal costumes, same for hair, iris color and other things, I didn’t check to see if there was Stat Reset tho in the exchange shop.

6 Likes

Well of course, if any genres going to make a comeback, it’s an MMO. People want to play this game, the problems just need to be addressed.

Yeah I know, I think it’s just the usual delay in ITOS content, premium items seem to have their own release schedule.

3 Likes

No no, you got wrong there, it’s all the same old stuff, just that some are in TP, others on exchange shop.

The difference, besides the way of acquire it, is just some different costumes that we may not have (maybe never will have due to publisher request).

Here, we have to expend TP on gacha to get what we need, I don’t think that is the right approach.

4 Likes

For TP costume…
I wonder if it would work if they did like jtos or ktos did, as in in 2 weeks time, costume to be released in tp shop while the hat part of the costume in gacha (for new stuff), while all old stuff (after 2 weeks time) get transfered to exchange shop, leaving only c3 stuff in tp shop for costume part. Still …that NPC costume exchange price still need to be reduced.