Tree of Savior Forum

GM Information Session - It's Mango Time - Now with Orange Flavour

Mango graced us with her presence on Orsha and answered some questions. The questions were more related to bigger policy and strategy opposed to individual balance, but as always all communication is welcome. Some of the may info have already been released but it’s good to see further confirmation, plus if you happened to miss it you can see it here. As always please correct or add any information I may have missed, or misunderstood.

Previous GM information:

• Channel/Server Capacity issues are caused by scaling back servers

• No plans of Klaipeda-Orsha merger

• Devs are not sure why Druid crash bug happens but have been working on it

• Agny will be rebalanced - Staff_Amy provided more details

• No Team Storage from Lodge

• Next big update entering QA with an emphasis on bug fixing

• Hunting Grounds

• Balance Talk

• Potion rebalancing talk

• Level 20 Potions suggestions from players

• Mango has not received any information about R9

• Considering ways to increase silver gain

• Less focus on grinding for items

• Balance will always be worked on

• Most balancing will be done step-by-step

• Mango called it “homework”

• Mango encourages more feedback, especially on the forums

• Increased effort in GM responses and feedback, especially on the forums

• Silute Server Relocation is due to the nearest powerful enough server being located in North America

• The South American server was unable to cope with the DDOS attacks

• Mr Kim is very active in ITOS development

• GM’s want to tell us more information but are unable to

• MANGO WILL NOT TELEPORT YOU TO SALVIA FOREST

Thank you Mango for answering our questions, we really appreciate it. And thank you to all the other players who were there as well.

To Mango

Thank you for your kind words to me <3

17-02-2017 UPDATE:

I feel this didn’t warrant its own post due to the amount of information, but the unexpected hero, Orange, answered a couple more questions late on Feb 15th in Klaipeda on Orsha.

• Crackdown on the forum

• Specifically: Trolls, Libel, Defamation, Harassment

• Orange thinks the trolls jokes are lame

• Primary focus is still Optimisation, Stability, and Bugs

• Focus of the GM’s on communication

• Social media is run by “the fruits”

• Other Staff are involved in communication as well

• IMC is still in the process of hiring a Community Manager

• Kadumel Cliffs gimmick is working as intended

• Took some feedback, especially on Inventory sorting

• Orange likes Fridays

Thanks for answering questions Orange, especially with how busy you were at the time.

25 Likes

thank you

huehuehue

3 Likes

If Papaya is from land of Penguins, Mango is from where? That was an important question you forgot.

My god, I want those things. Make Tree of Seabirds great.

I would say “again” but, we all know the true…

Agny will be rebalanced

I wonder how would this be addressed. Would this perhaps receive a base level scaling instead?

1 Like

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

You’re right brb deleting thread

I do as well! They’re all desperately needed.

It just needs to be less effective. You have to compare it to the Animus and Max Petamion which are in the same kind of tier as it. As of right now Agny is hands down the best, that’s a problem as it doesn’t allow for varying your build because you will weaker than the anyone who has it. Agny was not the way to balance Pyro, a way to supplement and help sure, but it really damaged the balance.

AFAIK agny was released in ktos then nerfed due to the huge power it provided. Now I wonder which agny version do we have. If we have the nerfed one and they touch anything trying to balance something just in iToS while isn’t in kToS, then I don’t understand Korean exclusivity or why are we so far behind of them if our devs can work as they please (actually I do, more restrictions more income).

Always thought iToS could only do what KToS does but with some delay, actually that was iToS shield against lot of arguments, will piss me off if they edit something just for us, not agny related but in general.

Agny was nerfed in an emergency maintenance, I believe we have the post nerf version, so the same one as KTOS.

@Queue :slight_smile:
Thanks for your great report :blush:

9 Likes

again, all the same bullshi* lies, rainbows, wishs and hopes weve heard for the last 6 months

these posts are no better then our huehue doom posts, none of this ever happens and Mr. Kim is really active in ITOS huh!!! wtf has he been doing the last 10 months then, id hate to see him being inactive, hed forget to breathe and die

6 Likes

IT noodle codes at its finest

AlcheC4 hidden class at R9 mark my words.
Attack magic via transmutations muahahahaha!!!

1 Like

Now I’m wondering how they will change the potions. Actually for my main character (which have almost 50k hp) those alchemist HP potions is almost useless. Instead of potion heals a flat amount of HP, I REALLY hope it become a flat amount + % thing. Something like: Heals X HP instantly and recovers X% of max HP within 10 seconds.

Actually I don’t mind if the SP potions stays the same way as it right now.

I gonna dislike this if its true because locking 4 ranks into alch is no fun

Next big update coming out this next maintenance just in QA with a focus on bug finding (if it’s not this maintenance it’s VERY soon, please confirm). I’ve checked info from GM STAFF_MANGO and told me that never mentioned it’s coming this next maintenance it’s under QA testing to prepare for releasing it for our saviors :smiley: Make sure do not misunderstand and I also appreciate your topic that you made for our staff :relieved:

Level 20 Potions in the works : GM Mango was intending to meet Lv.20 potions from the side of players.

11 Likes

too bad plague doctors still die atleast 15 times a day from their own black steam death poison, thats been happening for months, when will you guys get around to that

idk how many more tickets/threads you need on that one…

4 Likes

@STAFF_Max

Any info on humuncle improvements? He deals 1 damage to all mobs late game and is practically a “dead” that only serves to decorate and to walk from one side to the other.

1 Like

To @Queue
Thank you for your kind words to me <3

5 Likes

‘Less effective’? Adjusting the damage through percentage won’t bring balance to the classes that use the necklace, as of right now the necklace scales on the user’s MATK, so transcended weapons take a major role in the formula. Another thing I want to mention is that the necklace destroys mid-game content.
So in order to make it more healthy I was thinking that giving the item a scaling that progressively increases as you get further in the game’s content that is not MATK would be a better choice.
Or maybe even make it scale with INT stat, to reinforce some builds not to go face tank full CON.

At least that’s what I think :[ But then again, what makes Pyro OP is joint penalty.

1 Like

what is level 20 potions?

2 Likes

so glad I grabbed TESO the last day it was on sale for half off, forgot what it was like to play a game where things actually work and 98% of my day isnt spent farming silver

1 Like

Happy to do it. :smiley:

It’s unfortunate, but it’s important to understand bugs can manifest in many many different ways, and a seemingly easy bug to fix may actually be incredibly complex.

Craft 1000000000 Potions to rank up.

That’s exactly what I said to Mango.[quote=“STAFF_Max, post:13, topic:348534”]
I’ve checked info from GM STAFF_MANGO and told me that never mentioned it’s coming this next maintenance it’s under QA testing to prepare for releasing it for our saviors :smiley: Make sure do not misunderstand
[/quote]

Thanks for the correction. :slight_smile:

Thank you.

I’m not fully understanding. D: Do you mean for feedback or they were just being discussed?

I said “less effective” because they’re already doing some rebalancing of things like INT so I’m not sure exactly how it should be balanced. You’re absolutely correct on it destroying mid game content and having it scale in that sense would work well. I really like the idea of INT scaling.

Not sure, I’m hoping to clarify. :slight_smile:

1 Like