Tree of Savior Forum

Future of Squire Base Camp

Hi there, i am here to address the following concerns over the future of Squire’s base camps.

1. Camps disappearing when a channel is empty (0/100)
  2. Camp buff not appearing on the camp itself
  3. Useless food buffs that are not used by players

I believe majority of the players here have used a camp before or benefited from its convenience and ability
to extend buff duration. It is like a magic elevator that allow pt members to warp to it’s installation point, from
any other map in the game.

For those who are foreign to it.
Visual explanation:

This applies to buffs from squire’s table as well as
pardoner/consumable/dumb bell/Fortune Cookie buff

Overall it is an Essential tool in the game and extremely useful

1.Camps disappearing when a channel is empty (0/100) MAIN CONCERN!

This is the most frustrating thing that can happen to any squire. It discourages squires from making over
10x food items since they are not guaranteed that the table/camp would stay.

Should a map be a empty (0/100) the camp would turn ‘invisible’ and your table would be gone. I believe
this was intended in IMC 's design of the camp. However one still can warp to the ‘invisible’ camp even
though it’s not visually there.

Players are known to set them up at popular afk spots like Dina Bee Farm and Forest of Prayer to sustain
their camps along with the food table.

It is also common knowledge that necro is not going to be a permanent afk-farming class in the near future.
Summons will only last for a fixed duration unless the skill is used again. Macro would be required for 100%
up time of summons , which i believe is illegal in the game’s policies.

I would like to put forward that IMC’s intended design of camps disappearing when a channel is empty
would be outdated with the new implementations on necro/sorc summons.

It is also highly unpractical for players to afk in a map just to sustain the camp and table.

2. Camp buff not appearing on the camp itself

This is a bug that has a long history. It is still bearable but it is an issue IMC can look to fix to improve the
overall experience of making a squire for it’s base camp.
The bug is more prominent in areas where there are multiple camps/player shops/guild tower
(Map installations in general)

Usually the camp buff icon would not display on the camp’s exact spot. Nothing game breaking to this bug

3. Useless food buffs that are not used by players

Let’s be honest to ourselves , I only use the salad,yoghurt and bbq ( Max HP, SP recovery, AoE Atk Ratio)
The least popular food item would be Soup ( HP recovery) , Champagne (AoE Def Ratio) and Sandwich ( Max SP)

Yes they are all useful but it should be prominent enough to know which are really useful and which are not.
I am not requesting for squire buffs to be broken to a point where it is game breaking. Useful buffs to utility
mechanics such as stamina can be implemented. HP/SP gets love , but not stamina. AoE Def ratio? Who bothers about that. maybe IMC can consider more varied food buffs , maybe like EXP % up (say 5%) or like reduce X% dmg taken.

Feel free to suggest what would make a really good squire food buff , but nothing too game breaking.

TLDR;

NO MORE AFK NECRO/SORC TO SUSTAIN CAMP LEGALLY.
NOT PRACTICAL TO KEEP PC ON 24/7 TO SUSTAIN.
CAMP IS OUTDATED TO CURRENT MECHANICS

6 Likes

One more thing I would like to add is that we can’t set our camp in maps that are considered “dungeons” (the ones with agressive monsters), that sucks because they keep adding those maps (hunting grounds included) and they are the best to grind, up level and farm.

4 Likes

dude, soup(level 10 of course) together with aukuras scroll level 5 would allow for a 0( 1 sec) hp recovery tick that goes up to 3k each per scroll , or a level 1 scroll for 2 sec tick at 1k less-scroll, a normal character have up to 200-500 base , this without having con so we are talking in the cheapest option (level 1 scroll) 30 regen tick a minute, so 6k HP to 15k HP depending of your class; so you have a squire but seems to be losing up the best buff that it offers; of course you would need to buy it too but this would be optimal for bosses fight/ET/uphill than a normal pve scenery of leveling.
if we look at the complete gameplay; and if we divide the scroll cost of 1k per players of the party, you can even use it up as effect way of healing as leveling as well , at 30k/hours more or less of scrolls .
So i can not agree with you about this being a bad food and it is very useful, even more that with next card system we will have up to 300hp regen card, allowing for a buff of 900 hp regen if the play equip it, so in the previous use we would have up 30x900=27k hp regen a minute, with the cheapest use, and double it if you buy level 5 scrolls with 54k hp regen /minute regen with the cards alone.
Now this can be done with scroll, if you have krivis is free a aukuras as well.
the same applies for sp regen and sp buff for high consuming builds like hacka-dragon with the sp buff.

i won’t say that aoe defense is a must; but for gvg/pvp classes in huge pvp fights, all aoe swordsman skills have up to 10-15 aoe ratio if the players really focus on it, with equips; so if you buff it in the entire gvg, the skills will affect 2-3 players at max, where in normal situation could go up to 5, and this is HUGE as well, and mostly free once you put it the camp and of course if you take in consideration that not everyone focus on it; you can easily decrease almost all swordsman skills to target at max 2 or 1 in a pvp fight with only a food.
this is for everyone who plays swordsman in pvp- try to save some of those aoe defense hat even more if they have other stats like HP, because they are good, even more if you play in higher con/meat shield character.

just wanted to let it here; since you asked which one are good and useful.

Edit:
about vanishing the base, i won’t even comment too much about it; for me we must always remember that squire is a character like any other; so having the base vanish after a channel reset becomes a huge problem because we consider it just a offline character and never play with it( i do it just like most guys);but i do not agree that is wrong/old dated or a mistake because at least in my opinion the base is not something to be there forever and ever, even if you pay for it with extend time, we have one camp-per squire so this is why we must always keep doing new camps when in new needs when playing with the character, so where i recognize it as problem for some players and even when i’m upset when my vanish with those yogurt i never saw it as problem, because is just how the system works and this is why i recommend you to always do the amount of food you will use; or at least relog when is over, after all squire is a character not only basecamp/foodmaker and with this vanish allows us to log on them and not just put it a left it forever on the lodge.
What we should be upset about is the squire itself, right now we have repair-buffweapon-buff armor and base camp in the same character, imc needs to rework this in only “one” shop, where you can repair-buff weapon-armor and camp/food table in only “2” skills so we could put it at 15, and still have points for the rest of squire skills , and of course add some of selfmade food to use in match dg, or even more atk skills so the class can be played as SUPPORT swordsman and not let be death on our lodge and only log in to remake camp .
Just think about it; if squire could save food to use later as buffs on the party members(similar as how flect makes arrows) on instances dg in match making and so on without the entire problem that is making the camp>>table>cook, hell, this would be the perfect squire3 skill in place of the current death penalty reduction, it would allow squire to shine as supp swordsman with 30% hp mp 3 aoe defense-atk and the entire skill set talked before as good meat shield buff slave swordsman tanker build and base camp table, would still be present on large scale gvg-pvp for a fast buffing of large groups…

1 Like

Hp recovery is a good skill for con stats. With lv 1 aukura you can easily get 1 sec hp regen even in combat mode.

Max sp is needed on some class like druid lycan or swordmans who need more max sp to spam rotation.

AOE def ratio, not sure how monster attack ratio consider. If theory, a swordsman with high def ratio should block dmg for allies.

More food is good, but most buffs are covered by other class. Stamina from oracle and cat buffs.

But the vanishing base is a huge let down that we have to depend ln afk/bots to work. Ill be happy if they work on this

1 Like

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy

Sorry for tagging you guys. With the limitations of necromancer now, nobody afk in maps anymore.

Squire camps/table will dissappear if channel is empty!

Welp!

Dev team !? Help !? :frowning: i like picnics

1 Like

off topic
Anyone else facing the same problem of not being able to right click their own portrait to click teleport to base camp?

I’ve uninstalled and removed all add-ons and also reinstalled the game but still unable to execute the above.

The right click portrait method was already removed . Instead IMC gave us a drop-down arrow to click which will show the available camps to warp to

Foods are great.
What makes it useless is the disappearing camp.
I prepared like dozens of food just to see the entire camp gone.

yes yes thats the area of concern now. We used to gather in Dina Bee to set campsite (To buff up/repair/etc) due to the presence of afk farmers. Since afk farming isnt legal anymore… the future of a more permanent campsite looks bleak

regards

Chairwoman of Dina Village

P.s topic dead in 6 days . help

4 Likes

Thank you. /200000000

oh my took me till now to realize it isnt an arrow icon. Its a tent icon /rip

gg IMC don’t care. “Just pay and play what u’ve got.”

UP im one of vilage chief at there pls IMC fix this too, this bug since CBT still dancing2 arround more than 1 year

they need to make squire a hidden class with only a single rank.

1 Like

it is fine the way it is. 3 circles for various levels of benefits.

one circle is too broken

Yes,IMC please fix this

Yea thread life extended!!!

soo where do you guys put your base camps now?

The original FoP Village shifted to Dina . Now we have agreed to remain there anyways. Not much of a difference now…

No afk necro to sustain camps.
But if the channel crash, the server will reroll and the camps will appear again. MAGIC!

1 Like

OMG they not even care to reply