Tree of Savior Forum

Future of Squire Base Camp

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan oiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIooeoeoe NOTICE ME SENPAI

update : staff letitia noticed us.

proof:

GM inspection of VIllage

1 Like

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH QH qhqh qhqhqhqhqhqhqh WKKOWKEOWKEOWKEOWKOKWOEKWOEKWEOKEOEKJMBUTOWKOWKEO

RIP RIP Squire may the bug be with u

RIP RIP SQUIRE <<<<<<<NEVER FIXED imc is imc

5 more months before this thread expire…

Just let me sell the food on market. Other shops are popping up anyway. We already got uber added. Why not let me be a chef?

6 Likes

this is actually a decent suggestion! i will feedback to Grape when i get the chance

AoE Defense Ratio is good, it’s very usable on summoning classes, especially Sorcerers who can ride their pets and become very difficult to hit.

Also the other buffs may suck but I’d avoid asking for change because we don’t want the current buffs to get nerfed.

Lastly HP regen is probably pretty good on a Krivis Paladin, never used all 3 in combination though.

You do know how ADR works right? It makes you EASIER to hit because you will have more ADR than other players. Any skill that works off AAR targets the highest ADR FIRST. That’s why ADR on headgear is among the worst stat you can get because it puts you in danger. That’s counter productive on a summoner. Bats have been good defensively because they eat up AAR. If you have a higher ADR than bats, the hit prioritizes you.

The buffs don’t suck, they are actually some of the strongest in the game. One of the stronger ones is already getting nerfed because [aukuras] is getting nerfed. This change I want is nothing but QoL. Literally ANYBODY can get squire buffs because anybody can make a squire and pass on the food to another character. Having food sellable on the market just takes away the middle man that is “making the squire”.

HP regen is getting neutered in the r9 patch. It is good NOW because with the right set up you can get over ~1500 HP regen per second (~1000 HP regen per second without the paladin rank) because of food and [aukuras]. We are losing that functionality on [aukuras] so HP recovery is going into the useless bin. IMC only wants HP recovery to matter next to a bonfire.

The main concern here is the camps , it is not suistainable anymore w/o legal afk necros

Yes I am fully aware of how strong each food buff is theoretically. I didn’t know people ate all 6 buffs :joy: to run content. Usually some are avoided to keep the table self sustainable when used in conjunction with a shop. Food don’t come cheap

Here is a list which might help future squires:
Squire info stuffs:
__Repair shop : __
Non/Min Profit Price = 115 silver per kit
Net income = (Shop Price X 0.7) - 80
Weapon Maintenence Shop:
Non/Min Profit Price = 260 silver per kit
Net income = (Shop Price X 0.7) - 180
Armour Maintenence Shop:
Non/Min Profit Price = 115 silver per kit
Net income = (Shop Price X 0.7) - 80

Base Camp Stuff:
Cost to make a Base Camp: 13,500 silver (1000 initial silver fee + 10x Camping Tools)
Cost to make a Food Table: 13,500 silver (1000 initial silver fee + 10x Camping Tools)
However you need to make a food table next to your base camp, so total cost is 27,000 silver(base camp + food table)
Cost to make 5 types of food for 5 party members(no wine): 31,155 silver
Cost to make 6 types of food for 5 party members(inc wine): 40,995 silver
Cost to make 1 Salad: 1608 silver
Cost to make 1 Sandwich: 868 silver
Cost to make 1 Soup: 995 silver
Cost to make 1 Yogurt: 765 silver
Cost to make 1 BBQ Skewer: 1,995 silver
Cost to make 1 Grape Wine: 1,968 silver

4 Likes

I just want the camp issue to be fixed . It doesn’t feel like a camp now. More like an invisible warp point

I believe those affected here are people who actually uses a camp.

Maybe it’s time for me to edit the original post to highlight the main concern. Pretty sure some of the stuff written is outdated ( I mentioned stamina , which is not really needed now )

3 Likes

As much as I like that too (the RP of camping) so long as channels die it doesn’t work. Buff shops work despite channels dying because set up is FREE. Another reason why the camping aspect of the skill doesn’t work is because you can’t use it in maps where you NEED it (open world dungeons). Hell we should be able to camp in ET.

UOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPP

FIX IMC PLSS

tolongg
uwahh

1 Like

I second that. Squires should be able to set up camp anywhere as long as the terrain is stable. Doesn’t that make the most sense? :woman_farmer:

The teleport feature can be disabled for the maps that currently aren’t available for setting up a camp, for obvious reasons. (But perhaps adding HG, and some “dungeons” such as Demon Prison District 2 etc to be available to warp to would be nice)

This single change will have at least some people playing seriously with squire in their builds and will make gameplay more dynamic.

1 Like

When r9 comes with new maps. can we not pop up album on necro/sorc farming there?

beside reviving village is beneficial for almost everyone in the server, surplus of weapon material is good for dying population isn’t it :joy:. Cheaper materials also leads to increased demand of 350 recipe, thus increased profit of running 330 raid :thinking:

The only parties at disadvantage are other farmers. however i find HG looks more promising to farm as it yields bs, album, and double equip loots, and hg orange with good stat can get very expensive to sell

Problem with base camps, and the Squire class as a whole, is just a microcosm of the overall problem with this entire game: it’s full of half-finished concepts that some designer thought “Hey, this would be a cool idea!” and then passed it on to the programmers who said “Uhhh, there are only like five of us working on this entire game, so we’re going to have to tone your cool idea down into something more manageable,” and so we get half-assed feature after half-assed feature because IMC dreams big and then has to compress their vision down into the reality of being a small company trying to do way too much.

2 Likes

The new HG will draw people who enjoy playing classic dungeon crawlers . Getting RNG equips

The original HG was a big let down , standard items …

With rng there will be a demand to making BIS weapons and min-maxing . However this might not appeal to some players here. Some players really hate rng and were never fans of Diablo/POE/dungeon crawlers.

Hopefully they can expand on this new rng concept to expand end game and not abandoned like how squire camps are

I don’t get how is it hard to code camps ,tables in a similar fashion to the existing player shop. The only thing restricting them is a player can only open one shop . Just a simple edit to the parameters will solve this

Pretty sure it is abandoned like what you mentioned