Tree of Savior Forum

Fake accounts recorded?

People worrying about beta key hoarders can relax a little bit, I’m sure that admins keep track of who’s registering and from where they’re doing it from! If you actually spend some time surfing through this site you’ll find a lot of interesting information (Like how I did).

What information do we collect?

We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.

When registering on our site, you may be asked to enter your name and e-mail address. You may, however, visit our site without registering. Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address.

When registered and posting, we record the IP address that the post originated from. We also may retain server logs which include the IP address of every request to our server.

So there you go, Now relax and enjoy the wait! lol

P.S

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/privacy

28 Likes

unless RNG does the selection.

2 Likes

Well yeah they can still RNG but it makes sense to do it when ignoring the fake accounts

I don’t know but if someone actually took the effort to create multiaccounts (which again isn’t easy because of having to deal with Google/Facebook) they probably used IP hiding services as well…

1 Like

well before yesterday there were already 5k forum users registered.

That helps solve the problem a bit if they actually make use of the registration log for checking IP’s, but there’s still the people who’ll anticipate this and register under proxies for their separate accounts up until the deadline.

nope, that privacy statement only do record. it doesn’t mean if registered user and never post anything will not get chance to get beta. those statement are used to filter content and ip checking (outside vpn or proxies). those statement cant do anything in getting fake account, unless to filter those ip whose country have publisher also release ToS.

edit : if you mean fake account = registered on same ip, then it would work

I’m curious if the keys provided from github will be separate from the forum ones provided. I think people who helped with at least 100 lines of code get 3 keys.

That’s quite something I’m impressed and scared at the same time

It’s only 7 days of beta testing, if they spend so much effort in order to obtain a beta key then in this case I don’t see why not. lol Just let them do it, such time consuming thing (even if they us proxy sites), besides it’s not 100% that we’re gonna get the keys anyway lol, but if they do… WP GG they deserved it. lol

Good i’m glad, thank you for this. ^^

Probably most of the guys multiaccounting even forgot to hide their IPs =)

Do you have link to confirm it? Please i need to share in an group

Exactly! what is there to worry about, if we didn’t get a key but they do, then we’re just really unlucky, worst case scenario we’ll be waiting 7 more days after CBT then OBT starts!

1 Like

I don’t think someone making dozens of accounts for a limited-entry beta “deserves it” if they get picked-- especially if they get picked more than once.

And then onto the release! Hopefully maybe this year? :relaxed:

hmm… noted.
I still don’t believe someone would go through all that trouble for 7 days though.

Most games starts OBT after final CBT within less than a month, so maybe we’ll b e able to play sometime in August, perhaps September, I’m not really sure…

Hmmm if noone had created multiple accounts, everyone in this forum would get a beta key. There were only about 4000 accounts yesterday and that number would have hardly reached the 5000 till 31. July. Right now we have 7100 accounts… So I’m assuming that people only created these amounts of accounts for selling beta keys. Or they just didn’t know it.

1 Like

They don’t deserve it, but if they’re hiding their IP there is nothing we, or IMC, can do. Expecting some type of block for accounts created after CBT announce it’s just unfair, there are a lot of guys who created just one account.
It’s a lose - lose situation:

1. Not taking action will result in giving more keys to the same person, exluding some honest appliers from getting their.
  2. Not picking accounts created after CBT announcement will exclude those who created their account fairily.

Anyway, i belive the best choice is the more beneficial for the game’s future.

1 Like