Tree of Savior Forum

People creating multiple accounts?

I’m just hoping to hang out with you all in TOS for a solid week and get to know what you’re all like in game! (Got to try and avoid work, gym, girlfriend, friends and any other responsibilities :smile: )

7 days of bugs we can weed out.

I’m sure that they will have software checking if accounts are actually being logged and used. Hopefully the members are sent keys first, that would be nice, rather than all the people who signed up 1 hour before the deadline.

Hi there, I’m new and such. Um anyway hopefully they will be able to tell by perhaps IP address if someone is using multiple accounts.

IMO it’s just a closed BETA I’m just excited we’re getting an English version at all! Saw the trailer ages ago and wanted to play so bad.

I don’t really feel weeding out the legit new users is a good thing especially after telling them they actually had a chance.

Honestly if it wasn’t for the fact i already had a facebook account which was pretty much only made for the dungeon fighter online alpha i would have waited for the steam login before joining in. I’m sure some other people thought like that and i could see other reasons (simply not feeling like joining and were fine with lurking).

Personally when i think about the idea of only taking people who had accounts before the flood of legit/fakes and i end up agreeing with the idea it’s more out of greed than out of care for the game.

I really love the sumarize feature of the forum “There are 89 replies with an estimated read time of 6 minutes.”
Also I can only recommend everyone to read this: Fake accounts recorded?

See! They record IP addresses just like I said and then some. I think it’s safe to say that problem will mostly be taken care of, other than people forcing others to make accounts for a chance to win a key maybe.

yes im pretty sure they are tracking peoples IP addresses, but you still never know. There are so called VPN/Proxies etc. to hide your main IP so you can’t detect it. And once they received their 100+ keys, pretty sure they will make a profit for that.

Even if they make 5000+ keys. Who will pay money for 7 day of bugs?

LoL I tried for two account. Does that mean that I dont have any Chance to get key anymore? xD

You can make only 3 Google or Facebook account per day without usage of phone.

people are smart, that’s why I said you never know. anyway, i hope this cbt days will be just fair with others.

Its pain in the ass. If u want make 10 account u need 10 email and 10 Facebook or google accounts… Also some emails sites allow only create 3 emails per day. Hotmail is good example.

Its a bad reflection on the type of community this game has, that as soon as English Beta is announced and the inevitable influx of new accounts, that the first reaction from many of the long term users on this site is as follows

“The increase must be fake accounts, they are going to reduce my chance of a BETA key, ME ME ME ME”

Please stop moaning , you make this community seem like one that isn’t welcoming.

Instead of being cynical why not think of it as the word spreading on how good this game looks and people are taking interest, its a good thing.

Now simmer down

4 Likes

So many jelly and selfish kids around the boards, just let it be… i hope whoever gets acces to the beta actuallly test the game and report bugs not just play for fun!

There was less than 2.5k people registered before the announcement of the Beta.

I know that not every new account that was made after the announcement of the beta are fake accounts or multiple accounts but some of them are according to @Sharp.

Yes there could have been many, MANY lurkers as well, considering even I was about to forgo logging in to the site last month due to being shy and not really ever joining a forum community before.

… Back to lurking :heart:

i feel u bro, i had same condition with u :joy:
totally regret that didn’t login when this website renew :cry:

Why would korean betas be any indication? They won’t re-test the features they already tested in those betas… In other words, this CBT is the fourth CBT overall for this game and it mainly focuses on Steam integration. So to think that an OBT is not too far away isn’t far fetched at all imho.

Well we will all find out in about 6 hours.