Tree of Savior Forum

DPK Bug - Let's consolidate the events that have occurred so far

May 30th 2017: IMC applies a patch so DPK values do not reset during maintenance.

May 30th 2017: DPK bug happened on Tuesday of last week. More BBs dropped and the market for them crashed over a period of days.

June 1st-2nd 2017: IMC claims that they were fixing the problem, we had maintenance and we were told that the problem was fixed

June 2nd 2017: People log in thinking the problem finally is fixed, and try to play the game normally.

DPK bug occurs AGAIN but this time instead of just Battle Bracelets, most DPK items are dropping at an unintended rate including HG cubes, Battle Bracelets, Monster gems, DPK drops from Kugheri Lyoris and Yellow Caros, etc.

June 2nd-3rd 2017: IMC shuts down the servers for 14 hours in an attempt to fix the issue. Link1, link2, link3 and link4

June 3rd 2017: IMC reopens the servers and there are people able to log in with massive amounts of DPK items. The market is flooded and items are traded around.

IMC begins to actively check accounts based on popular DPK maps and locks them for an estimated period of 4-7 DAYS.

June 3rd 2017: There are reports that the DPK bug STILL exists and IMC’s response is this… which means they either don’t care enough to shut down the server to try to resolve the issue or will simply ban more peeps that accidentally encounter the bug.

Edit: June 4th 2017: IMC’s response to restricted users.

Edit2: June 4th 2017: Additional information regarding who will be compensated and who wont Preliminary Announcement Regarding Current Account Restrictions

Edit3: June 4th 2017: Response by IMC rep in this thread DPK Bug - Let's consolidate the events that have occurred so far

Edit4: June 5th 2017: IMC performed a maintenance to start unlocking accounts based on certain criteria, while keeping others permanently banned https://treeofsavior.com/page/news/view.php?n=1010

Edit5: June 5th 2017: Update that account restrictions are being lifted in waves [NA] Klaipeda and [SA]: An Update on Account Restrictions and Item Seizures

Wow another Edit… June 5th-6th 2017: DPK bug is still in effect on some maps!!! Linkage!!!

[Note: These events are in the correct order to the best of my knowledge.]

tl;dr IMC made 2 attempts to fix the bug over the span of 2-3 days and failed on both tries, and are trying to do damage control while keeping the servers up even though the bug is still occurring.

This bothers me because my account is banned and I will most likely have to wait longer than 4-7 days if more accounts are banned due to the DPK bug not being fixed yet. This is because IMC will likely have to lock more accounts and manually check them, adding to the potential time that my account and many others will not have access to the game.

Update June 6th 2017: I can log into the game and play, but my account is still market/trade restricted. Even though I can log in and play, I am worried about playing the game right now. The DPK bug has not been resolved on certain maps and obtaining more bugged items could result in my account being restricted for longer or a potential permaban.

@staff If the bug persists, you may have no choice but to do a rollback even if it is over a span of days. That is, assuming you guys manage to truly find the fix for the issue.

23 Likes

I’m really starting to think that this might be the end of ToS. I’m not overreaction to the fact that I got blocked. I’m just saying that it doesn’t look like IMC is anywhere near fixing this issue and the more they way the more a rollback is needed but at the same time it could be the final nail in the coffin. If they rollback 5~7 days a ■■■■■■■ lot of ppl will get salty and probably quit. I honestly can’t see a way out of this.

http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/001/247/227/172.png

6 Likes

Maybe the true fix is to believe in the gods of economics.

Let the market resolve itself. Players will find another way to make gold. Getting a whole bunch of battle bracelets isn’t the end of the world if they aren’t worth anything. Even with monster gems, you’re going to need an exorbitant amount of them to make level 6+ gems.

Some players were actually reporting having fun with the increased drop rates. The only way this is printing money is if the items have high NPC values, so lower the NPC values of those specific items (like when they cut the value of recipes in half) or lower the DPK of those specific items. Even with monster mats, you still need a ton of them to craft anything anyways, since this is a grind game.

The recipes for most of these things are still somewhat rare. Stop giving out instance reset vouchers and let that be the new grind. There will always be something of value for players to trade.

OR, I guess ban a whole bunch of people, then a 2nd wave, then a few rounds of server maintenance, then throw a whole bunch of compensation around. :thinking:

input IMC seal of quality

1 Like

I’m about 1 day away from doing a charge back on the $250 I dropped on this game in the last few weeks. I love the game and I always try to support it when I come back and play a lot (usually like 150hrs over a few weeks). But this is ridiculous, not only did I not do anything wrong I actively REPORTED the problem through several tickets each time it happened. Yet I’m blocked because I was grinding from 300 - 330 in the 320 HG.

Also ib4 “wtf $250” yeah, I love the game and a retail game would cost me $70 and might only have 15 - 20hrs of gameplay so I think it’s fair considering how much time I put in this game whenever I come back and play.

4 Likes

Why do people always bring up this inane idea of “economy”?
There’s no economy in ToS. The market is constantly ■■■■■■ up by paywalled gacha cubes. Do you not think the market didn’t suffer because of the flood of cheap shining abrasives and enhancement cards?
And look what they got in Korea. Soon we’ll have those pract-only orange recipes too and do you think it won’t harm the market?

1 Like

Then stop blaming the players and take the â– â– â– â– â– â– â–  servers down and fix it. All they had to do was a roll back and issue would have been resolved or you now, have addressed the issue sooner when it was happening.

The fact that it was reported within 1hr of it happening (I personally reported it 1hr after the first maintenance and received a response within 20minutes) yet they left the server running for over 12hrs before any action was done is completely unacceptable.

I’ve never seen a more inept company in my life. Everything they do is so counter intuitive and backward.

7 Likes

Wrong. This only happens when you are â– â– â– â–  at programming and managing projects.
A good company will have automated tests to (try to) ensure that no regressions are introduced in an update.

2 Likes

Best part is it’s not even that they “fixed something and it lead to other problems” the problem was they didn’t fix the initial problem at all and caused it to be even worse than it was.

2 Likes

You’re right. That why a professional company would test over and over a patch fix before launching it. They released a DPK correction patch and didn’t even test to see if it was working as intended ffs. It’s not like when you fix something and break something else, they somehow manage to “fix” and break the same thing at the same freaking time. AND THEY’RE BLAMING US. They don’t even have a guy to shut-down the server when something like that happens, IMC left the game bleeding for about TWELVE HOURS. 12 ■■■■■■■ hours before they take any action. It was like The Purge: Klaipeda’s Doom.

2 Likes

They can’t even get rid of 14 days BS

Anyway, thanks for time bombs i will send they to Islamic State

1 Like

I can not believe they are taking this with the same seriadade that you throw them with the banned accounts then, because the bug still remains and they neither so nor there apparently banned some people to show service in a failed attempt to blame someone for the IMC error, I I just sent a ticket proving that the error happens because I made a new account and my character is level 20, taking into consideration that new players do not have a lot of values … the server should be closed until they solve the problem totally without Damage to any player … I made a character and was doing the quest of black hair killing 500 hammings and drove 10 gems of kepa in the mean time is normal … if this is not a bug I consider myself a lucky guy to appear of today…

1 Like

I didn’t play the day this bug occurred, how can I have my account locked? Want to receive the compensation =(

1 Like

I’m really curious as to why IMC opted to not do a rollback after each “fix”?

Do they not keep snapshots of their database for each day?

Possibly only weekly (hence the weekly maintenance), or bi-weekly at best. I agree that if they did it daily, a simple 1-day rollback would’ve been easier and more acceptable (with compensations).

The real Issue is why only certain servers got this bug. If IMC cross checks it, pretty sure they will find solution

1 Like

eh no. they wont. its very expensive to create automated test. infact barely any companies has automation cause its not something that is just possible.

Everything being done causes errors, its very normal in programming.

and dont talk about something you dont know anything about.

oh and it doesn’t matter how good you are at programming. you always miss out on something or fail something, and unless you somehow know exactly oh this will cause that error. well.

come back when you actually know what programming is. and what it entails. just look at microsoft. they fail quite often aswell.

Hello, :slight_smile:
First, we would like to remind all users who are unable to access the server that their accounts have not been banned. We have temporarily locked accounts in order to complete follow-up procedures that may take some time.

This involves checking and retrieving the items that were acquired through irregular DPK. With about 1,624 accounts affected and the number of items that need to be retrieved, it will take us a considerable amount of time to complete our procedures.

However, we realize the inconvenience this has caused to the affected players and we are working very hard to complete the process as quickly as possible. We will do everything we can to complete our investigation by Monday.

Once we have retrieved the items we will revert the affected accounts back to normal and, as a form of apology,
we will compensate affected users for the inconvenience.

We will update again regarding current account restrictions

“We didn’t ban you we just temporarily locked your account while the server is up.”

Do you even read the things you type? What do you think the definition of a ban is? I haven’t been able to play since Friday.

No, this is UNACCEPTABLE. I warned you Amy, personally in your first post, and told you to escalate the issue since you were making a huge mistake and you didn’t listen. People at IMC deserve to be fired over this. Continued, unmitigated, incompetence and failure.

Apology not accepted and your compensation is woefully inadequate for the issue YOU caused and left alone to the point where I actually wondered if it was intentional.

5 Likes

Unit tests, integration tests, acceptance tests, etc.
This is all part of a standard and healthy development cycle for serious projects, big or small.

1 Like