Tree of Savior Forum

DPK Bug - Let's consolidate the events that have occurred so far

that has nothing to do with bugs wtf. Unit Test,integrations test and so on are all test done to ensure a correct value is going back. this is not how bugs functions…

Bugs can happen at any given time due to a error in the computing. or calculation, there are far more reason as to why it can bug. simply put the programmers are partly to blame. But they are far from the once who to blame fully… and also not all companies sadly got the money or time to do those test on each and every build why? because its VERY expensive. and takes well time and money. and no they cannot be automated. each and every line of code would need a test for it. and simply put when u got 10000s lines of code. that turns into 10-100 times more coding in order to make sure the values that u get back are correct.

It’s how you prevent regressions. Whenever you update your project you need to minimise the chances of breaking something else.
And IMC is known for breaking things each time they try to “fix” something.

error in the computing. or calculation

Computers don’t make mistakes. Retarded “programmers” do.

2 Likes

no. computers can make mistake. hence the reason bugs happens. its not always the programmers fault. and when we work across multiple threads its even worse.

again come back when you actually know how it works. all games can bug out. all things can bug out at any given time…

and also let me remind you that the team behind IMC and the devs receive directly from the korean team which means they update it and it goes wrong due to changes…

but atlas its pointless talking to a wall who dont understand anything

Ok, Pajeet.

No one is arguing that things can’t “bug out” people are saying the pre patch testing and such that they complete is amateur level at best and even more so the fact that they were made aware of this massive issue and let it carry on for 12+ hrs is complete negligence and incompetence.

Guess they’ll just have to remove DPK and use normal solid number percents since the DPK scripts can’t work correctly.

1 Like

Yes please… DPK is so cancerous.

You’re talking about banning players after removing items for listing things on the market. Do you not see how ridiculous that is? How is it the player’s fault that items dropped more often than they should? How is it the players fault for listing items that dropped on the market? How is this anyone’s fault but the developers and GMs?

You’re really going to blame players and call it “abuse”? Do you not realize there are people playing right now on the live servers who have a mass of DPK items that you aren’t removing? Do you not get how big of a mess up this really is, and you’re trying to treat it as the PLAYER’S fault?

You can’t call anything any player did “abuse” during this. It’s incredibly tone deaf and an obvious move to make it seem like this is the player’s fault. Ridiculous.

4 Likes

@STAFF_Amy who was the brilliant person who believes that compensating the abusers will be a good idea??

i dont understan why i still playing this game

5 Likes

I wonder.
Most games I’ve played do maintenances weekly (or sometimes every two weeks) but they’re still able to do 24h rollback.
… It’d be weird if a game company truly didn’t save the datas more often than weekly or bi-weekly. Weird, to not say incompetent and irresponsible.

@justashton
That’s just being “politically correct” :stuck_out_tongue: “I’m not DUMPING you, I’m just saying we should see each other less”.
“You’re not BANNED, you’re just blocked for some unknown and unspecified time”.

1 Like

Yeah, seems like the real reason behind not rollbacking is some brilliant mind that does not backup the database daily…

Really, as a company IMC seems to be full of beginners, in modern programming even people that are on a bootcamp does know best practices about backups, snapshots, or anything else…

And someone here said that automated tests are expensive for the company… Really? Are you guys developing in COBOL at some bank?
Not only that, he said that bugs magically happen on systems due to concurrency…
Yeah, it magically happens for beginners developers, that are not programming thread safe…
There are no “magic bugs”, but there are indeed some bugs that happens on such specific situations that they cant even be easily reproduced…

Anyway, IMC’s white knights are really pathetic, they try to explain even something that cant be explained, and they even use concepts such as concurrency and distributed networks to say that their dev team is not at fault…
Really guys, please get a raise for your devs, hire some seniors that will be really angry and yelling at you guys when something like this happens, slowly develop your team, with courses, bootcamps or whatever…
Something is seriously wrong within your company…

4 Likes

BibleThump Don’t bully Amy guis

Wow nice copy n paste. Real tough work your doin.

A rollback is impossible by now.

When the servers were closed it SHOULD had have a rollback. ONE DAY of pract box / Earth Tower / Level Up / Craft Items would not be a problem, just compesate everyone equally and no whining on forums.

BUT NOW, now we have players who are not able to log into the game for 3 days (going to 4th), and it’s basically half of their player base.

My ticket w8n until 18 MAY!

You can’t get banned if you don’t play their game.

2 Likes

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/optimized/3X/4/9/496499dce49b685f06049e321c060a7526270672_1_668x500.png
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/18892909_1304403696342358_5735098716423638691_n.jpg?oh=84b60d56d958f46ce5f8e451de49490c&oe=59DECC85

I would like to congratulate the IMC for the company of incompetence that is too much ■■■■■■■ that shows that what is wrong is rewarded, and who does things within the norms we were harmed, you are of parabens lost several players for lack of competence

Gostaria de saber como a imc esta me classificando nesta suspençao .
Pois eu tinha drops de DPK mais nao vendi nada, nao fiz nenhuma prata ,que horas começou o DPK ,pois os unicos itens q troquei foi um dia antes.Ainda nao consigo
logar
quanto tempo terei que espera?

Gostaria de ter essas respostas!