Tree of Savior Forum

Don't remove magic scrolls

I think the problem is that there will be a lot of resentment built up from players that need their AoE ratio hat. We end up doing the monetization model too close to P2W we’ill end up like Perfect World Entertainment… The game will have an expiration date on it. And the brand will slide down hill till the average player wont even try the games they make. Let me remind you how bad PWE is doing right now in the last few quarters even though they’ve made some good games.

Whaling as PWE has proven is not sustainable. That’s why PWE is trying to pull away from F2P cause no one want to even try their games anymore… And that’s a big problem.

2 Likes

I agree with that. P2W still has a component called accessibility. If it’s crazy OP, but crazy accessible, no one would give a second thought (arde dagger).

The problem with magic scroll is that its accessibility is limited / low. Which is why it will create a power gap within subgroups of the population (bad for game balance).

Back to topic:

Also, come-on, can I get what I want without gambling for it? If I’m paying for something, I don’t want a “chance” of getting it. Give people what they want, don’t drive them away (pissed gambler that spent $10,000 and can’t get it).

The only circumstance I can accept Magic scroll being left in the game is if the went through serious changes.

• Get rid of gambling
  • Increase its in game drop chance to balance with the convenience of just getting it from cash shop

If that can’t be done, I believe it might be a better choice for the game / community to just remove it.

2 Likes

I just want to wear my hats, I kept switching them when I played :c
not that I dont support the scrolls, but same suggestion as increasing to a reasonable drop rate

2 Likes

Wow. I cant believe people actually support buying stats in CS. If you guys let IMC have their way, dont you guys think that there will be Mega Magic Scrolls or Ultra Magic Scrolls in the future?

2 Likes

Will not happen, only players who are millionaires gain “advantage” from them (and i doubt millionaires play F2P MMOs, they rather travel world) since you have 0.000001 % chance to get your fav headgears plus with perfect T3 stats with Magic Scrolls, but if you grind your chance is 0.01 % and with Alchemist you have 1 % chance to get that T3 crit chance bonus headgear so that make PVE method millions times better than real cash ever will :slight_smile:

No, remove magic scrolls from cash shop. If you want to them, add just for drop. Magic scroll in cash shop is p2w

2 Likes

You can get the hat with perfect stat distribution and random numbers for 200$. It’s clearly an advantage. Nobody will spend thousands of dollars to get mythical perfect stats. Getting AoE attack, MS and P/Mattack is enough.

Not sure what do you mean by Alchemist though, I doubt he can enhanse headgear, and for sure he can’t do it indefinitely. Even if he can apply the effect similar to a scroll on headgear, chance is, as you said, 1 % while for 200$ you get almost 100%.

200$ to get a perfect gear is p2w already. Magic scroll drop rate is too low and 200 dollars are way too much.

200 dollars is like 60% of most of brazilian’s salary. And brazilian community is 20% of the game.

■■■■ this, 200$ is too much even for american standards. No everyone have 200$ to spent in a game just to get one of the three imperfect hats.

Magic scroll should be drop only.

1 Like

Alchemist=Blacksmith=Crafter=Enchanter :slight_smile: Plus max what all 3 give is 3 % is it really worth to put 200$ and get only 3 % bonus hp or anything else when Elementalist 1 hit you (even under geared ele) ?

That’s exactly what I mean. If it was impossible to get a perfect headgear or if stats were really cheap (like no RNG for stats choice for example, only for numbers), then it would be quite acceptable, at least, even at a price of 10-15 TP. But drop rate should be increased fore sure.

If we could buy the cheapest pack/get 3 scrolls for average stats, it would be acceptable. Right now it’s not.

Lol what? You can get 2400 HP. Full INT wizard level 280 has 12k HP. It’s roughly 20% max HP.

You can read my post about chaplain.

You can get 3500 damage per autoattack with hats only.

1 Like

And under geared elementalist one hit you still with meteor with 60k dmg in 600 lvl

There is no 600 lvl yet.

In KR is :wink:
20 Characters

You never played KR lol. Lvl 280 is max.
Also Alchemist buffs are different from Magic Scrolls, so you can stack them.

Any of those things won’t make Magic Scrolls less p2w.

And even if iTOS dont have Elementalist still can have lvl 10 Meteor :smiley:

Which is besides the point. The fact that stats are purchasable is egregious enough. The only saving grace is that the scroll drops from dungeons and the hats can be bought from AH

You should play the game first before talking about skills. If you think that meteor is strongest skill in the game you should reconsider.

And yeah, lvl 280 is max in kToS.

I heard the drop rate was ridiculously low though… one user was saying 1 scroll per ~150 cubes or something?

And how long does it take to get a cube from dungeon runs?

Why does it matter if things are not balanced at level 280… around half of the planned end-game levels? Does it actually matter if things are not balanced before end-game?

Arde dagger is a level 75 item. Why would you be using a level 75 item at end-game (i.e. >500)? We don’t know how strong end-game items are. The could be up to 40x stronger than an Arde Dagger. We don’t know.