Tree of Savior Forum

Don't remove magic scrolls

From my understanding so far, you guys are supporting this rng stat because the chances of getting something usefull is low. Was I wrong in thinking that?

Who is to say we will have the same chances as Tera? Are We playing Tera?

What kind of game do you want to play. One that sells power or one that sells cute outfits?

Would you quit the game over it though?

Some people would quit the game just having that in the shop, and some people would rage quit the game after wasting tons of money trying to get the stats. I highly doubt you would quit the game over stats that you say are minimal and donā€™t even matter.

Thatā€™s the difference.

1 Like

of course he wouldn, Blade and soul, Tera, Dragon nest, etc . All those game make huge profit with random Costume drops. Its very obvious here.

1 Like

So then its not a right or wrong type of thing. The fact its wrong is strongly based off the fact of a personal problem in the near future? Thatā€™s not really ground breaking.

I mean Iā€™ll totally sympathize, because Iā€™ve had my fair share of rng. But then again rng is rng, your still gambling and many other people have different outcomes. This canā€™t really be a good reason to get rid of it.

There is no level 600 yet.

They might start selling badges with +100 CON at level 600.

Ah, and full INT mage at lvl 600 has 12k HP w/o items. SOOOā€¦ Yeah, 20% max HP.

1 Like

Your really changing your whole subject after I mentioned that argument :smirk:

Can this be considered power though? Again, minimal bonus.

Am I ? What did I change that was not clear to you?

True, not subject more like, you stopped comparing both rng items. Thus worth mentioning.

You can get headgear with 1 AoE, 1 MS and random useful stat for 200$.

At least itā€™s their cost in kToS. 1 token is ~ 1.7m, 1 headgear with abovementioned stats is 17m.

Not me, I think itā€™s a nice option to add some extra to your character without going overboard that is available to paying and non paying characters. Theyā€™re all useful stats.

And itā€™s not just TERA, I have never, in around fifteen years of gaming, seen the type of RNG/lucky boxes done fairly on any game. Ever. I have played a lot of MMORPGs and MMOs. They stack the odds against the player. I hate gambling for cosmetic gear. Especially if it has stats. Just like you have a preference, so do I. Nevermind that rng boxes tend to be a gateway into P2W. I would hate this game go down that route. There are some questionable items in the cash shop, but I really donā€™t think magic scrolls are one of them.

Itā€™s not that your point isnā€™t being heard, itā€™s just that I quite strongly disagree with it based on my experiences over the years.

There is this whole intricate and exciting RPG-element called ā€œItem Awakeningā€, offered by the Alchemist class, where you have to exchange 1 potential on an Item for an attempt to go through a special exclusive dungeon-quest (which you can also fail), preferably with a competent party, in order to obtain a random stat-buff that might not have been worth the whole effort in the first place.

ā€¦and then there is magic scrolls.

LOL

(although, thatā€™s more of an argument to overhaul the Alchemist skill to something amazing, rather than getting rid of the cash-shop-gambling thatā€™s completely decoupled from gameplay, but itā€™s a funny comparison nonetheless)

2 Likes

I dont think I did. Also my whole point wasnt comparing both . I was really just trying to understand why people support power but not cosmetics. Which to be honest I still dont.

So lets sum up both of our opinions here so we make sure we end this cause Iā€™m kind of tired.

You want extra Stats.

I want Extra costumes.

We both want IMC to sucess. Cool? I think I made myself clear already.
For the company, there are better ways to make money but selling stats. For the players, it seems the majority doesnt want people paying for stats ( no matter how small they are) and Iā€™m not talking about forums either ( I have friends too you know?). So that was my end statement.

1 Like

Do you have an idea how much silver you can make per day or week on kTos in the endgame?

If it was customization then I agree with that.

I suggested 1 active headgear with 3 slots, 1 scroll per slot, chosen stat, random value.

So people would be able to customize their stats but wonā€™t be forced to wear 3 headgears for it. And yeah, slightly lower numbers. So itā€™s current min Ā±20%. Less RNG more customization less annoyance. And make scroll drop chance 2% at least.

Donā€™t forget bricketing! Best gambler skill ever!

So do I, my experiences over the years tell me that stat selling is bad and costume selling is whatever . So we can agree to disagree.

1 Like

I donā€™t mind coming to a closing consensus sure.

like 300k/hr why?

20 characters

Actually anvils are rng. They may decrease your enhanse by 1 if you fail.

:slight_smile: Of course, and thereā€™s nothing wrong with that or being passionate about your opinion. I like arguing points with someone who can compose a good counterpoint, because it helps me see the broader picture. I might not agree, but I see where you are coming from and get your concerns.

1 Like