Tree of Savior Forum

Change the [Magic Scrolls] ( RNG Stats in the Cash Shop )

Keep in mind that even if you can buy the token with silver, it’s still came from someone who bought it with $. Unless it’s dropped in game with a decent rate, it’s cash shop exclusive.

WOW i didnt know about this item, it IS REALLY BAD AND P2W. i thought the cash shop was perfect, and they come with this.
@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_J @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines

In order for these buffs cause a significant impact it would be necessary to get the exact same buff set on 3 different gears with high values, that’s not easy and it’s extremely expensive since it`s all RNG.

I don’t think many people would be wiiling to spend a tremendous amount of money to gamble on these things, but i might be wrong.

But i agree when you say that this is a p2w feature.

Ps: If they don’t delete this thing entirely i’m going to buy 3 scrolls and enchant each headgear one time and roll with whatever i get.

the problem is, if a guild of money ppl decide to use it. they probably will kill all other guilds. and its P2W

If they don’t delete this I’ll probably just walk away from the game entirely. No amount of art + BGM can fix a game with broken game play.

All they have to do is raise the drop rate and it will not be P2W.

4 Likes

If the community wants to promote some kind of boycott or start a petition to remove it from the game, you guys have my support, having this thing or not doesn’t make a difference for me.

As i said, you guys made some really good points and i do agree that this is a p2w feature.

I was replying to the fella who said you can buy TP with ingame currency, which is clearly incorrect.

They withdrew the founders pack temporarily which was going to be a 3 month early access period because it was too long of a head-start.

The idea was that they need to iron out the game and stability of the servers before it goes free2play.

However they apologized and changed it to one month early access and threw in a load of extra goodies that you get additionally to what you paid for.

So I’m expecting them to iron out the problems with the game in the next 3 months, otherwise i will decide to drop it.

I will just leave after my 60 day token expires if this remains in the cash shop.

Except, the chances of getting all those bonuses are incredibly slim. Slimmer than the chances that a magic scroll will drop from a boss cube.

Also, how is Item Awakening a “Cash Grab” and how does it suck more than it previously did? It lets you use the gear you want to use, rather than lame crap like a level 120 White Rod at 280.

Isnt that how free to play mmo games are designs? Giving incentives in items to it make appealing to paying customers? Unless you want this game to be P2P or B2P. F2P games are always P2W.

1 Like

They should be reduced to only 1 stat bonus per hat instead of 3.

And this should be done quick, right now before they launch.

3 Likes

This is a obvious P2W situation. Don’t know if dropping it for one stat bonus per hat or simply making the stat bonuses not that big would help, but something must be done.

3 Likes

So. How is this not P2W again? In addition to market and trading locked, we now have this.

Remember, when they said that cash shop would contain only cosmetics? Yeah.

7 Likes

I like the idea of enchanting items, it brings diversity and end game content. It also makes these hats useful, but obviously this need changes.

For an example, this scroll should have a much higher drop rate from boxes, as we are limited in how much we can get per day. Would also be nice if we could get them by normal monsters, like at a 0.001% (1 each 10.000 monsters).

Remember this is all to get a chance, not guaranteed useful stats.

2 Likes

No. Do you happen to have a source?

lol I have no idea how I misread that. :sweat_smile:

If i’m not mistaken, they said that on an interview a long time ago. Someone might have a link to it.

Basically, you can’t wear cosmetics as JUST cosmetics. You essentially have a set of “combat cosmetics” which probably look awful together and you’ll probably be wearing almost everywhere except when you’re waiting outside a dungeon or hanging around in town.

There are two things in the cash shop that is currently capable of being transferred into silver:

• Tokens, which I don’t speculate to be too big of a problem given that the Founder’s Pack supplies them at a great value deal and Pack #1 is the most sold.
  • Magic Scrolls which is essentially just a gacha element which I highly doubt anyone will get what they want with 650 TP (after being leftover from costumes and whatever you want) given how ridiculous the rates of getting 3 stats and good stats. Oh and the drop rate, negligible of course.

For those who can throw as much real money into the game and really enjoy gambling, here’s what you guys can have fun with:

Literally the worst function in the game imported straight from Nexon KR, preemptively ruining iToS for me.

6 Likes

Can I please just enjoy making my character the best it can be without virtual slot machines necessitating real money. I’d like the cash shop to stay a million miles away from my characters actual performance. That’d be great.

(cash shop cynicism intensifies)

10 Likes