Tree of Savior Forum

Change the [Magic Scrolls] ( RNG Stats in the Cash Shop )

I agree this is P2W at its finest. The attempt to conceal it behind the excuse “It’s available as an in game drop” will not save it from P2W status.

I am going to hold off purchasing EA until IMC reveals their true intentions in monetizing.

Good luck whoever pays into this game.

5 Likes

that drop rate lol

/20 characters

I dislike the idea of having any stats increases via the cash shop.

12 Likes

I would suggest limiting the enchant to just one per headgear, and severely lessening the enchant values. As it is thats jusy crazy af

1 Like

Hmm. Question, for me, is if you can use two of the same hair accessory? If you buy pack 1 and 2 you would get popolion dolls and one hanaming. If you can use all three at the same time, then hey, reason to get pack 2 if you already have 1.

Also I don’t know if they can remove the item from the TP shop if in the sales poster for steam they announced it as a sub component. It’s a selling point for a package for money, that the hair accessories can be buffed using a item from the cash shop.

Get what i mean?

I do not mind this being in the cash shop. The bonuses don’t actually seem that great, and due to the randomness of it, someone with a lot of money who wants to min/max could be giving IMC a good amount of money, which imo is a good thing.

Remember that Arde Dagger is a level 75 item, at level 500 I am sure these stat bonuses won’t make quite as much of a difference. They just look big because we are used to playing as low levels.

But if the drop rate is <1/300 that should be raised. Maybe 1/50 or 1/75 would be better to make this not P2W?

4 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

I can’t say i like them. Making those scrolls tremendously rare ingame, while putting them on sale in the cash shop, reeks of P2W behaviour. Indeed the bonuses aren’t much high, but i have to hope it won’t set a precedent. Else we end up with RO-like costumes…

2 Likes

Remove Magic Scrolls +1.

The bonuses are high once you start to stack them.

You can wear 3 headgears in iTOS.

:star: Headgear 1.
+800 HP
+45 Physical Damage
+66 Critical Damage

:star: Headgear 2
+800 HP
+45 Physical Damage
+66 Critical Damage

:star: Headgear 3
+800 HP
+45 Physical Damage
+66 Critical Damage

:star::star::star: Total Stat :star::star::star:

• 2400 HP
  • 135 Physical Damage
  • 198 Critical Damage

How is this not pay2win?

Sure, the scrolls drop, but from the hands on experience of over 15 people doing dungeons and missions daily over a course of more than 2 months, only 1 person managed to get 1 scroll from drops.

6 Likes

I hope imc considers this.

I have a feeling the response is a very typical one for Korean MMOs.

We have no control over the content. Please understand.

1 Like

From what I’ve heard among other threads here and there, is that you can purchase TP with in-game currency. I’ll need to spend some time sifting through the threads about it, however it reminded me of what GW2 with the gem -> gold and gold -> gem idea.

I’ll see if I can find that info again. If it stands to be like I remembered some people mentioning it, the system really shouldn’t be that bad for free or non free users.

We can’t make complaints of the cash shop until we do know all its intricacies. Even with these as part of the games monetization, it may not be nearly as bad as the thread puts it out to be by not including vital information.

That is true. It’s mostly speculation + conjecture right now. I hope IMC does the right thing.

1 Like

I would much prefer +42 MATK, +1 AoE Ratio, +1 Move Speed, for a total of +126 MATK, +3 AoE Ratio, +3 Move Speed.

But I’ll take a second to prove myself the odd-man out. I’m okay with this item being in the cash shop. I do, however, agree the drop rate needs to be increased in-game.

In addition I feel there needs to be an in-game item (vendor, drop, or some fairly common source) that allows you to “Lock” these bonuses. Exactly how Tera does it with their Spell Binds when re-rolling bonuses with Enigmatics.

For us this could be: Use a Magic Scroll on the headgear. Awards 1~3 stats randomly. If you see one you like, use a Magic Scroll with (X item here) to “lock” that stat in place. Your Magic Scroll (which gives you 1~3) is guaranteed by default to at least give you 1 additional stat. Find the next one you want, lock, roll your third stat.

In this way it gives us some measure of control which cuts back on cash shop expenses drastically as well as having to remain reliant on RNG for that “perfect piece” that only whales or the very blessed will luckily roll. Locking also cuts down on the number of Magic Scrolls needed because it would allow a guaranteed 3 stat piece in only 3 Magic Scrolls where as right now you could, in theory, use 100+ and not get a 3 stat bonus (even if the stats aren’t perfect, but, you can work on that in time)

2 Likes

We will see! I made a thread that hopefully will give some information on the topic at hand. Since the cash shop is such a crazy topic to search through.

that is why you dont listen to people who has never played the game.

you can buy TOKENS with in-game currency.
Everything else in the TP market is non-tradable.

This is pay2win cash shop.

Firstly this is a game for 13+, in which gambling with real money should not exist in a game like this.

Secondly you have to consider the skill AWAKENING does this already, but the chances of getting something good are even worse AT THE COST OF 1 POTENTIAL Already this skill has been nerfed to the ground but even worse the stats from this skill are bad.

Chance is pretty low that you can get what you want from awakening. It was better when items had fixed awakening options.

This is nothing but a cash grab by IMC. I’m very dissapointed. :confused:

I am 100% against this. I understand korea market doesnt mind this , but It will destroy the image of your company here IMC. You should really not go for it , or if you do make it as accessible to free players as it is for us.
1% from cubes doesnt even come close to making this item less pay to win when free players have 2 dungeons dailly.

As of now, I bought the $50 pack and I have 650 tps to spare, I will buy only cosmetics and wont even touch that and I invite anyone that thinks those items have no place in itos to do the same.

+1 for pretty cosmetics c:

I would be amused to see the scrolls change the color of an outfit and/or headgear vs giving them stats. It would be completely cosmetic then.

Keep in mind that even if you can buy the token with silver, it’s still came from someone who bought it with $. Unless it’s dropped in game with a decent rate, it’s cash shop exclusive.