Tree of Savior Forum

[Mega Polls!] Regarding some of the big hot button issues to be used as feedback for imc

I was only giving my view of the current state of the korean TOS. It wasn’t intentionally directed at you. Being confident in your own ideals is not a crime, and having the words to back them up is giving that other person respect.

If we are taking our confrontations personally, it’s because I triggered an emotional response. That’s part of debate and shows confidence, pride, in what you believe in. In your case I was hoping for something more in response.

Not that I don’t care about your opinions, because I wouldn’t be having this conversation in the first place if I didn’t.

And thanks. I will. :smiley_cat:

1 Like

I think thats enough from me. I’m not in a rush to pick fights. Just don’t be as thoughtless next time. Ill end it here.

1 Like

Poll results (so far): 31% of voters see no problem with magic scrolls.

When so many people see nothing wrong with P2W (no matter how small the bonuses are right now), we can be sure that the scale of P2W will escalate very quickly…

Many players are looking for a game that will keep them entertained for years to come, but they WILL be forced to either: accept the P2W and throw $$$ at IMC to keep being competetive, or simply leave the game in hopes of finding a different game to keep them hooked for longer than 6-12 months.

2 Likes

thank you for discussion. It really useful info for me
and I agree with you discussion.

1 Like

Well… I try to be a glass half-full type of person (I’m still super critical of a lot of things though, but I don’t think we can be human without hope haha), and my takeaway was that a full 43% of people who have voted so far think we should get rid of magic scrolls and 14% think they probably give too many benefits as they are.

So I think not all is lost :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just wanted to say that I felt the above statement was incredibly ironic given that a kToS player in another thread said the following:

I hope we can all learn to do more careful research and be thoughtful about our comments before putting them out on the internets… (at the very least in the future, please don’t insinuate that “people don’t know ■■■■ about things”, since the boomerang coming back, can, and will hurt :frowning:) .

1 Like

You realize he is one opinion against many more that say the opposite so how about you do more research instead of taking 1 word as gospel. Or just go into the Ktos thread and scroll up to shortly after they were added.

Eh? I’m playing with a large group of people who are on kToS. Out of our entire group, during the entire time we’ve played, we’ve seen 3 total magic scrolls. It’s not really just my experience.

1 Like

Honestly you keep arguing against people’s opinions unless they match your own.

If it’s the former it’s usually just to tell them how wrong they are and more often than not it makes it even harder to find some logic in what you are saying.

Ex:

And this was in response to:

Please refrain from trampling on other people’s opinions so easily, it only lessens other people’s opinion of you and your concerns regarding the games development.

And I hope that the community as a whole can steady it’s path and work together on these subjects instead of attacking one another. It’s unsightly. Usually I try to ignore it.

2 Likes

@web_nervepress TBH what @thebloodyaugust usually says is dead on accurate - for what it is worth I think his opinions match that of most people that played KTOS to End game contents (260+)

So if he’s so in agreement with what ktos players have said why does he get his facts wrong? :joy:

Also as a disclaimer very few international players will have reached 260+ content. I personally only know a couple of ktos players that have, but maybe I’m not as in the know as some other people on the forums.

Edit: It’s fine if you support him, I was only making an observation as a message to the tos community and how people should approach a debate, discussion or making their own observation.

A lot of things get said, but not a lot is actually said at all. If you want to respect the person you are debating with, provide something solid as a basis that is constructive.

@web_nervepress I dont think I said that @thebloodyaugust ever played KTOS did I? I mean he might have but idk. I said most of his opinions mirror those that played KTOS until end game. Magic scrolls from instance dungeon… I have gotten I think 2 times from 1-260.

Whats the point in you saying that very few international players have reached 260 in KTOS? ITOS as it stands right now is a exact copy of KTOS. Except we get even less dungeon per day :S.

Anyways once you reach end game I am sure you will come to similar conclusions (unless you quit before getting to end game),

Out of curiosity, how many dungeon runs to get those two scrolls?

@chronosanct I honestly cant answer you cuz I dont save cubes up and open them all at once. Just a LOT
Think of them as a bug… something you are not suppose to see comming out from a cube and it will just ease your mind

300+?

More than 100? 200? 300? A ballpark would be nice to know.

EDIT: 300+ cubes just to get 2 scrolls is pure insanity… how are people okay with that? And some cash shop player can just go buy a stack for how much again?

Also to get really good stats on the headgears you need ALOT of magic scrolls. Im talking 30-40 per each headgear slot. Some of the stat give AOE range or something crazy like movement speed. Honestly its better to buy tokens end game and sell them to players than buying magic scrolls cuz people will sell their headgear with stats you want. For example lets say a mage gets a head gear with 43 phys atk … its absolute trash for them but they will sell it on ah since other people will need it. Price would usually go for 1mil ish which is equivalent of a token

And players who use cash? How many scrolls could they get for like $10 (11671.05 South Korean Won)?

i think one scroll is 8 tp so you get 5 for free and 3 you spend.
If you keep saving up tp for the 5 + 3 each scroll is 3 tp. 10$? you can probably get 33 scrolls

So… assuming it takes you what? 15 minutes to get a cube… and let’s say it takes 150 cubes to get you 1 magic scroll (because you said you got 2 from 300+ cubes), you spent (15 minutes x 150 cubes) = 2250 minutes (37.5 hours) to get 1/33 what joe schmoe who spends $10 would be able to get???

Okay yeah… if that’s how iToS is gonna go, I’m noping the ■■■■ out.

EDIT: My mind is so blown right now, how does anyone think this is okay?!?! @Staff_Julie Please tell me that @eunsongchoe1989 is lying or a troll or something???

1 Like

Useful to know. Kind of wish you said this before as it is pretty important context to you supporting your friend’s views and I wouldn’t have wrote that disclaimer.

Sorry for going off-topic.

I’ve played for around 800 hours without getting bored yet. Unlikely I will quit, especially as there is no definite end game content. My issue is that magic enchant scrolls give a significant advantage for cash. More cash you spend, the better the stats. (Or at least a better chance to obtain something significant).

There’s a lot of mechanics that make this game interesting that will feel somewhat lacking due to the accessibility of head gear enchants. If you were to give new players/bots 1:1 trading this accessibility will give them an advantage that wasn’t earned through player growth.

It’s the same as these magic scrolls. It makes the general content and mechanics in the game carry less significance. If you can explain how this isn’t a flaw in the games design, I will try to understand. Otherwise IMC may as well give the community 1:1 trading and say “Here you go you earned it!”

The only difference with these headgear enchants is that IMC manipulate and control RMT (Real Money Trading)so that they can take all the profit for themselves.

Edit: @Staff_Julie Just wanted to include you in this conversation again. I understand it’s a difficult topic but please bear with us.

1 Like