Tree of Savior Forum

Cleric Rank 8 Preview (Translations)

Source: http://tos.nexon.com/community/dev/view.aspx?n4ArticleSN=40

Druid (Circle 3)

Druid, who makes nature his weapon, will receive changes in the last circle.

Telepath will gain an attribute that allows it to simultaneously manipulate many enemies at once. However, this attribute does not apply in PvP.

A newly added “Stonehenge” skill will increase the skill level of all Cleric magic circles and deployed objects by 1 each. Furthermore, the abilities of all of the Druid’s transforms will be increased.

By using the “Lycanthrope” skill, Druid will be able to transform into a werewolf. While transformed, the Druid will be able to jump and dash, among other things, as well as possess a new attack which the present Werewolf boss does not have.

Oracle (Circle 3)

Oracle, the auxillary (?) class which intervenes in fate, will reach his final circle.

A Circle 3 Oracle will be able to change the gender of other players using the skill “Switch Gender”. This skill will allow you to set up a shop in town to wait for players who desire to switch their genders.

A new skill “Foretell” will make multiple players standing on its magic circle invulnerable to certain attacks with some probability. Because this magic circle will move in a fixed direction, players can continue receiving its effects by moving in the same direction.

The skill “Twist of Fate” will temporarily reduce up to 40% of the enemy’s maximum HP, and in turn recover twice that HP over 30 seconds. If used without accurate judgement, this skill can harm your party members. Make sure you have a strategy before using this skill. Although this skill can be used on bosses as well, with the exception of field bosses, it will not be reflected in your damage contribution.

Plague Doctor (Circle 2)

Plague Doctor, the manipulator of status ailments, will receive an important attribute in Circle 2.

A “Contagion” attribute will be added to Incinerate, which allows it to re-diffuse the debuffs on an enemy treated by Incinerate to surrounding enemies.

A newly added skill “Disenchant” will render ineffective all buffs currently on the enemy. An attribute will also be added to this skill which allows it to render a certain fraction of equipment abilities ineffective, further strengthening the Plague Doctor’s role in PvP.

A skill “Black Plague” which delivers powerful continuous damage over time. It will receive bonus damage when used in conjunction with Incinerate, bringing your fighting ability against multiple enemies to a new level.

Kabbalist (Circle 2)

Kabbalist, who uses magic of the Kabbalah, will have his numerological skills strengthened in Circle 2.

Merkabah will gain a “God’s Protection” attribute that will give your surrounding teammates defense and additional holy property damage. Furthermore, a new attribute that slows down its speed of travel will be added, allowing it to play the role of a train in team play.

A new attribute that increases the speed of calculation will be added to Gematria and Notarikon. A new skill “Multihit Chance” will multiply the number of strikes of the next attack by the number floating on the target’s head. This gives you explosive combat power against enemies for which you are able to generate a large number.

The skill “Duplicate” will randomly duplicate monsters by up to the generated number. However, the duplicated monsters cannot be re-duplicated, and though they drop silver and items like the original monster, they will not give experience points.

Inquisitor (Circle 1)

A new class to be revealed at Rank 8, Inquisitor will be especially powerful against magic users.

The close-range physical attack “God Smash”, when executed with a blunt weapon, will receive bonus damage in proportion to the enemy’s magic attack.

The skill “Magic Judgement” (?) will put enemy magic users in a temporary state that causes them to receive additional damage in proportion to their magic attack power. Furthermore, the skill will deliver a Rank 3 debuff that halves the enemy’s INT and SPR stats.

The ground deploy skill “Birds of Despair”, while vulnerable to debuffs, will detect any enemies which try to use magic attacks within a wide area and immediately fly out to attack. When it does so, it will deliver damage triple of what it would if the enemy had stepped on it instead.

“Breaking Wheel” is a car wheel summoned object that damages surrounding enemies by rotating. While this wheel is rotating, melee physical attacks will be spread to enemies within the affected area. This will be very helpful when you play with other melee classes.

Daoshi (Circle 1)

Daoshi is the next class to be revealed at Rank 8, and has unique strategies that involve using an amulet.

To briefly explain what the amulet is about, on each use a talisman will be deployed on the field.

The deployed talisman will grant certain effects to comrades within the affected radius. Furthermore, using the “급급여율령” (???) skill will detonate the deployed talisman. This skill can also be used instantaneously.

The skill “은형부” (???) will make all teammates close to the talisman invisible for a certain period of time.

The skill “호풍환우부” (???) will cause lightning and rain to fall where the talisman is. Within this area, lightning-based skills including Zaibas will receive massive bonus damage. The skill “삼재부” (??) will greatly raise the fire, ice and lightning property resistance of nearby teammates.

^ The amulet that was thrown earlier has finally reached its destination. This is what stacking 3 of them looks like.

The skill “파사부” (??) will throw amulets that move extremely slowly, damaging any enemy it touches. While travelling, the skill does fairly powerful continuous damage. But because it moves slowly, it will be mainly be used against stationary or slow enemies. This skill has various uses, such as controlling situations in which many enemies are packed in narrow spaces. As such, we hope you enjoy the above video showing its application.

30 Likes

Daoshi skill names are beyond my ability to figure-out-what-it-could-possibly-sound-like-in-English, so I just left the Korean names in.

1 Like

Thanks for the translations.

Auxillary = supportive, right?
I think those names are Chinese.
Yeoyulryeong??? Eunhyeong ? Hopunghwanwoo? Samjaebu? Farsabu?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

2 Likes

Heh, I suggest using this (in ET?) vs bosses and bursting them down in 2 seconds afterward. If you have enough damage.

Or using it + hexing (bokor) if it would prevent the recovery.

Edit: depending on how this works, and I expect broken/fail coding, you could drop a boss to 39% HP and use it to insta-kill it, though it says reduce max HP.

1 Like

Hopefully the implementation isn’t like Thaumaturge’s swell body, which in turns heals the mob instead. I can keep on doing it and the mob just doesn’t die if the player can’t kill it fast enough.

ugh this make me sick kabbalist/oracle

Now we know why it won’t work on fieldbosses…

Wow, like the Plague Doctor needed more PvP potential, am I right, guys?

5 Likes

My question would be ‘Which new ranks will be replaced by Pardoner?’.

maybe taoist for simony that amulet

Lol oracle c3’s twisted fate is literally dota 2’s purifying flames skill of the hero Oracle.

2 Likes

Inquisitors will be like “Drop your wands where I can see them. start using your magic mofo and you’re going down.”

2 Likes

Inquisitor is going to be the judge, jury, and executioner of Wizards.

“GUILTY OF BEING OP!!” Gavel Smack

7 Likes

Yeah, if it works on field bosses Thaumaturge will be the no.1 hated class. Double hp (means heal the monster to full hp + its current hp)… and when the buff goes away, the hp will remain lol.

very pvp orientated additions

i dont think the plague doctor going to be that good. The problem is the speed of the disenchant skill look really slow, and cleric generally lack ability to stop opponent movement by himself unless some less threatening build. This is one of those “swordman problem”.

I am far more worried about kabbalist being further cancer of “do it all” pvp god.

in fact, i am scared of the idea of kab1+PD1 build.

both new class is cute, but not exactly make the broken cleric more broken. Both of them actually require skill and strategy, which is what cleric should have been.

1 Like

Ughhhh THANK YOU @Altariel!

Hey, by any chance, can you figure out the hanja for Taoist’s skills? I read Chinese so probably things will be clearer for me?

Thank you @Altariel and @greyhiem again for translating for us.