Tree of Savior Forum

Monks what class are you going for rank 8? (discussion)

now that the preview here what are the current plan of monks going rank 8?

Personally I am undecided, Inqusitor is obvious choice for many.

I still feel like going Diev 3 or Oracle 1(for stamina buff and getting moneyz)… but for priest 3 - monk 3 s I would imagine inquisitor works best.

Personally I will hold off on geting rank 8 untill we know for sure there are no hidden classes like Lama and whatnot. They never announce hidden classes so there is a slight chance, But I still believe that hidden class will be in Archer tree and not in clerics.

My thoughts on Inqusitor are undecided:

1. THEY LOOK SEXY - like the best outfit in the game, K Thx Bai
  2. however not a single crit from the looks of it, so most likely magic damage based class. - which renders most monks useless since a lot go for 100-150 dex… I went 150 myself.
  3. Ability to counter mages sounds amazing. But if it is not STR/DEX friendly what is the point? Why introduce monk in the first place, if you are planning to screw it over like that?

Waiting for possible hidden class for rank 8… Lama.

Not sure if you noticed but the Doppel 2 and Swordsman R8 aside from fencer had no crits as well.

Also:

"The close-range physical attack “God Smash”, when executed with a blunt
weapon, will receive bonus damage in proportion to the enemy’s magic
attack. "

is the direct translation from Altariel who i trust more than the official translators.

maybe i might get p3, for rank 8 or diev 1 maybe even oracle.
what would lama really bring?

CC and AoE are my top priority for my monk then range.

Well there you go for your AoE.

I agree with you on that. We will have to wait and see. But inquisition looks amazing. If anything that outfit is worth it

https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160805/22_db_8rc_inquisitor4.gif

From this GIF, we can ascertain that the wagon works as some sort of a stationary proxy that you have to physically hit and the damage will spread to all targets within it’s vicinity.

And… a Monk is basically a melee class… So we can be using double punch/one inch/palm strike/hand knife/kamehameha? (Kamehameha IS physical + holy damage) on that wagon.

But the question is…

1. What is the duration of this wheel wagon?
  2. What is the range of the spread damage?
  3. Will it apply 100% of it’s damage spread or reduced damage?
  4. Can debuffs like double punch/palm strike bleed damage be “spread” to targets?
  5. What is the COOLDOWN of this wheel wagon?

6. Will there be a Lama hidden class at rank 8 for Monk C3?

But yeah the outfit does look good… But I think I prefer Monk outfit? Hmmm
https://treeofsavior.com/img2/news/developersblog/20160805/inq.png

DOUBLE PUNCH THAT WHEEL

/20chars

You know who.

b4 we all go into the inquisitor hype train we all might wanna w8 for korean ppl to discover rank 8 hidden classes 1st

Probably none. I’m quitting monk until I get to know what the hell I’m supposed to do.

On the last second, you see the head of an enemy as he gets hit so Im guessing the range is the initial white flash in the beginning which looks to be the same range as circling.

for my monk im either going daoshi or diev3 bcuz my paladin is already going inquisitor

After seeing Rank 8, I’ve decided to go Cle2>Priest1>Diev2>Monk1> maybe PD1 for Rank7. Stats: about 50 CON 80 INT rest to DEX (& bonus from lv 5 green gems) because fxck logic & calculation & waiting… For rank 7-8, after all the detail info about skills cd & dmg being released, I can decide later since this build could really pick any rank 7 - 8 classes without being punished heavily :wink:

For now, why not just enjoy the game with this build, you can do everything a support would do (with 80 INT, your lv10 Heal & lv 10 Cure will still hit boss hard late game, not to mention owl also scale with mAtk) & you have the ability to solo at low level maps. With Priest 1’s monstrace & high lv green gems, your crit chance will still be decent.

All things set aside, Monk is just too fun to play with and so does other classes, so why not play them all? :heart_eyes: