Tree of Savior Forum

[Calculations] Pyromancer's skill damage

Hi everyone, I am really interested in pyromancer’s skill mechanic that many of them scale really well with skill level. So I have calculated skill damage in many aspects.

*note: The calculation was carried out using base matk = 1000 (for end game purpose), max sp = 2000, no attribute bonus, no mdef of monster
**PS if anyone spot any mistake, correct me please.

1) Total damage per cast.

- Tier 1 :

• Flame Ground lvl 15 : damage = 37k !! (this requires monster to be in the area for 30 sec which is quite impractical)
  • Hell Breath lvl 5 : damage = 36k !! (when all sp was used)

- Tier 2 :

• Fire Pillar lvl 10 : damage = 21k
  • Fire Ball lvl 15 : damage = 20k
  • Fire Wall lvl 15 : damage = 17k (although I’m not so sure about the number of hit for this skill whether I should use “no. of hit” from the description or “no. of wall x 4” as someone mentioned. Could anyone confirm this please)

- Tier 3 :

• Flare lvl 15 : damage = 1.5k (Garbage!)

2) Damage per SP

- Tier 1 :

• Flame Ground lvl 1 : damage = 500 / 1 SP !! (if you have SP problem, use flame ground level 1 for leveling!!)

- Tier 2 :

• Fire Ball lvl 15 : damage = 250 / 1 SP
  • Fire Pillar lvl 10 : damage = 240 / 1 SP
  • Flame Ground lvl 15 : damage = 230 / 1 SP
  • Fire Wall lvl 15 : damage = 150 / 1 SP

- Tier 3 :

• Flare lvl 15 : damage = 20 / 1 SP
  • Hell Breath lvl 5 : damage = 20 / 1 SP

3) Damage per CD (ie. DPS)

- Tier 1 :

• Fire Ball lvl 15 : DPS= 2600 !! (taken into account that you can cast it twice)

- Tier 2 :

• Flame Ground lvl 15 : DPS = 1500

- Tier 3 :

• Hell Breath lvl 5 : DPS = 560 (if you manage to refill SP every 65 sec)
  • Fire Wall lvl 15 : DPS = 380
  • Fire Pillar lvl 10 : DPS = 160
  • Flare lvl 15 : DPS = 150

4) DPS per skill point

• It should be noted that in order to maximise DPS, you should have at least 1 point in every skill (although quite debatable for flare and hell fire)

• Fire Ball is definitely the 1st priority to be maxed, it scales extremely nicely.

• Flame Ground and Fire Wall also scale quite nicely.

• Dont put more than 1 point to Flare and Hell Breath!!!

That’s all :slight_smile: Feel free to correct me if you spot any mistake. By the way, sorry about my English since it is not my 1st language (I’m Thai !). Really looking forward to test these skills in the beta!

29 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Nicely done infographics and certainly worthwhile to read. I think this class would do really well with linker and hangmans knot to pull mobs into the aoe and keep them there essentially.

By the way, here is the full table of calculation

I’m not sure about the multiplier for some skill such as fire wall. It would be nice if anyone can confirm this. :slight_smile: Thank you very much!

6 Likes

@Repartee Yes! I would definitely go Wizard1 Pyro2 Linker2 Alchemist1 or Wizard1 Pyro3 Linker1 Alchemist1 for this beta. One thing that I am really looking forward to test is the Joint penalty with AoE skills!

2 Likes

BTW your second graph is wrong (Damage per SP). It’s a copy of the first graph. Nice info though.

Fixed! Thank you very much for pointing out :slight_smile: (This is the first time I’ve ever posted in a forum so it’s a bit confusing)

1 Like

Imagine popping a SP pot with a krivis using melstis, and just being able to hold down flame breath for 20+ seconds.

1 Like

Does Melstis work on potions in general? :smiley: sorry first post I read wrong.

1 Like

Unless they’ve changed it, yes. I haven’t seen a Krivis C3 in some time though.

1 Like

Hell breath Tier 1 ?

Numbers and graph what an amazing post!
Thanks for the good read :blush:

@breno_santanna Yes, Hell breath consumes 3% of SP per tick which means you you get about 30 ticks per cast (if I understand correctly). However damage per SP is just horrible.

1 Like

gj, i like to see numbers :smiley:

Thanks for all the good work <3

Quality post man! Really like your analysis.

Would be awesome to have one for Elementalist too :smiley:

@Nevius Sure! I will probably do Elementalist as well in the future. However, at the moment I’m not sure about mechanic for some of the skills :slight_smile:

Very informative stuff, good job !

Awesome.
I’ll be going Wiz -> Pyro c2 -> Ele c3 in the iCBT, let me know if you need any info / data gathering :smile:

1 Like

Very insightful Info. By the way, if what you calculated is correct, It’s likely that Fire Ball’s going to be nerfed, for sure. That magical DPS of Fire Ball is extremely nasty. And in practice, this skill ticks so much faster than a single hit per second. I don’t think that even the fiercest one would be able to withstand that Damage. Also, I am in a dilemma whether to enroll in Linker2 or Alchemist class, I’d like to see how ridiculous Linker’s Hangman’s knot lvl10 is. But I doubt that one would make it through Rank5.