Tree of Savior Forum

Returning player need help on FF build

Hi guys, I used to play since cbt until I stopped in obt due to massive lag. Back then, I was a big fan of pyro/linker solo.
I created these guides as well :
[Guide] + [Mechanics] Solo Wizard (Pyro2 Linker Thauma Necro)
[Calculations] Pyromancer’s skill damage
[Mechanic] Joint Penalty + AoE (with screenshots)

Now the lag is gone and I would like to come back but found out that there were lots of nerf/changes on linker class that I don’t think my build will work anymore. Moreover, the featherfoot skill set fits my soloing playstyle perfectly.

After doing some research, I’m deciding between these builds :

1. Wiz3 Link1/2 Thaum1/2 FF2
    [main combo: QC+everything / link+MM (nerf soon?) / Swell+Decay / Transpose+Bloodsucking+Bloodcurse / Link+Curse+Slash]

2. Wiz Pyro2 Link1/2 Thaum1/2 FF2
    [no more QC and surespell but provide consistent damage and also Link Fireball+Bloodcurse combo]

(I really want to have Thaumaturge in the build for the costume and I think it fits quite nicely with FF)

Here are the questions (please focus on the late game perspective)

1. How’s the Link+Magic Missile combo after the nerf? Is it still viable late game?

2. How’s the damage of pyro c2 in late game? I heard Mdef of monsters are much higher (lvl 300+). Does Agni helps?

3. What’s the state of JP+HK? As far as I know, JP now has hit limit and CD is 22 sec => Does it make JP breaks very easily? Is Linker c1 still viable at late game? Does JP still double the damage of AoE spells like Flame Ground?

4. How good is Reversi? Is it good enough to make Thaum c2 > Linker c2?

Thank you so much for your answers. I’ve tried searching in the forum but I’m a bit confused about the timeline of chages.

1. Still very high, yes. But mobs can have up to 3k mdef, but they to be killed with decay.
  2. Again 3k mdef, and the damage formula is (skilldmg+matk+eledmg-mdef) * (3 if agni + 0.5 quickcast) * (1+attributes/100), so you still need over 3k dmg do deal damage against high mdef.
  3. JP has hit limit of 10*skilvl, link1 late game is too low. I would not take thauma at all and get extra link rank or smth else. For AoE spells it is pre nerf, so if you link 8 mobs and all of them get hit by some aoe, then everyone will get 8x damage. So it is better than before.
  4. Reversi is ok for PvP and some boss support, but it does not worth 2 ranks. Also, ff/pyro and even link are not PvP ranks at all, so you’ll be almost useless there.