Tree of Savior Forum

Pyro Hype - Rank Building Questions

For a dps build, I would suggest something like

Wiz 3>Pyro 3>Warlock
Wiz 3>Linker>Pyro 3

Since the +50% magical damage from wiz 3 is priceless plus it will complement Pyro’s / Warlock’s multi-hit skills and the link will help you spread your damage and be valuable in mobs/grinding when you’re in a party.

And btw I’m running Pyro3/Linker2/Warlock, just ask me if you need to know more about my build

2 Likes

Short answer: Min/maxing. If that sort of thing really matters to you then I feel linker2 is better suited for a support wiz. Otherwise…

Linker 1 offers the most for the least. A few things to consider:
–almost every linked group will die before the hit count from lv5 JP expires.
–your link count will often be undermined by mob scarcity outside of instances. If you can link 8 mobs but you normally only snag 4 or 5 at a time its a wasted resource.
–the duration on hangman’s knot remains pitiful no matter how many circles you take.
–Dandel Gem adds +1 links only to circle 1 or circle 3. Even if you have this item as a linker2 you’ll still need Divine Might in order to get any usage out of it.

The key word for linker2 is reliability. Though you won’t always need more than 5-6 links, in more seriousbusiness parties you are expected to fill a role. You might be a pyrolinkersorclock but to them you are just a linker lol.
Pyro will always end up as supplementary damage compared to a specialized dps wiz. In all likelihood this won’t change if we get the ktos pyromancer buffs. Hey hopefully Im wrong.

Of course, every class works a little differently with linker. A couple extra links is much more beneficial to sorc than it is to pyro.

1 Like

For me, it is viable. As mention before, the pros and cons are simply from my point of view. I only knew those after playing it.

Although, I wouldn’t recommend it as a main char. I only create Pyro 3 simply for fun which really nice for me (At first, I was thinking of making Pyro 2 for Alchemist, but change mind later :stuck_out_tongue:). Since, I am not rushing it to Chrono 3, I simply level it through dungeon and mission.

Anyway, you better read about others’ opinions too before deciding to create Pyro 3. Or if you do getting Linker or any other Rank 4 into your build, it is probably better to get them first, before Pyro 3 depend on the purpose of the char.

In the end, it is simply a matter of you enjoying it or not. (In my case, I do enjoy it :grin: )
Good luck.

1 Like

I’m currently building a Wiz3/Pyro3 at the moment. I’ll hold off on getting rank 7 until the info for rank 8 comes along, reason being that if Rank 8 doesn’t have anything THAT great, or synergistic with Pyro3, I may grab Linker1 at rank 7, and then save ranks 8+ for future classes.

2 Likes

Thanks again, guys. I really appreciate all the answers. :blush: :two_hearts:

@Ellyr @Arkova
Never had a Linker before and never had read anything about limited hits, that sucks. I do agree with everything you stated, Arkova. Now I’m wondering which would be a better dps complement at end game (Wiz 3 or Pyro 3. I don’t think I could or should get both)

@norwyn_asuncion
I would love to hear about your experience, thank you! The Wiz3 - Pyro3 is tempting, but (as long as I understood from the opinions) they both seem to be dps supplement and it seems to have a lack of survivability or mob capability. Also it would be very similar to wiz - ele. I will think about it before make up my mind.

Till now, how are you doing? What difficulties are you facing?

@digitize_kosen
Pyro looks fun as hell! Haha I’m just frustrated that it doesn’t seem to be reliable (specially to future 400+ content). Hope it gets more buffs or mAtk % on its skills. (Or we get a rank 9+ based on fire). I’m afraid to level to 300+ on future patchs and don’t use pyro at all.

@TonyDanza
What level are you at? Do you have any problem to level up, grind or party? Do you think you can hold with just Pyro at 220+ content?

P.s.: I’m tempted to try Pyro 3 - Sorc 2 - Warlock. Just afraid to notice later that Linker is necessary or to be avoided by parties/grinders.

1 Like

Hey guys, I’m doing a (Wiz > Pyro > Linker 2 > Sorc > Alch 2) build, and I like to know wich skills I should get from Pyromancer. I never played wizard class before, so I’m at lost.

People tell me that Fireball and Flame Ground are musts, buts what about Flame Wall ? Is it any good at level 5 ? Take in consideration that they will be my only source of damage outside of parties for a long time, till I hit rank 5.

Thank you guys for your patience.

About my experience as a lvl 252 Pyro3/Linker2/Warlock, I’m still having fun with my build. It’s very versatile, can support(link) and be a supplementary dps at the same time.

Although, the only difficulty I’m facing is the lack of dps of pyro skills, the bad scaling really is a big blow to the class at late game, which gave me the impression that pyro can only be a supplementary dps, not a top tier dps. Meanwhile, Linker is very fun =)) (will make you be adored by your party members)

Btw, here’s a video of a wiz3 pyro3 (before and after pyro buff patch) in kTOS which I saw here in the forum:

1 Like

I’m always wondering, can anyone tell me why Pyro scaling is bad even tho Pyro have a lot of Multi-hit spell.

@Zellrath

Level 158 at the moment, and I went pyro3 before getting wiz3 to make sure I would like the skills. Its been pretty easy so far, but I typically play solo when questing, and with 1 or 2 friends when I’m running dungeons and missions. Not going to lie: there will be times when you get annoyed if you solo queue dungeons and get in groups with mostly melee, as they will knock your fireballs away over and over again. It’s usually players that aren’t used to running with pyro, they tend to go crazy on hitting your fireballs, sometimes just for the sake of hitting them.

What I usually do is stand across from the melee party members and knock the fireballs back in, but I can see how that can be annoying for some players. Sometimes I ask cleric classes to not attack targets that my fireballs is hitting, as they are typically super weak compared to my fireball damage (from my experiences so far), so they are making the run take longer by knocking away them away. This can go badly of course, as some people don’t like being told what to do, which is why I usually do dungeons and missions with my buddies.

I think you have to ask yourself “will I be ok with fireball management throughout the game?” before considering pyro, because that’s what you will be doing once firewall/flame pillar/flame ground/hellbreath are all on cooldown. Fireball management will likely not be as demanding if I end up getting linker, but that won’t be for awhile, and that’s even if I get it at all.

Also, I have several other wiz builds that I’m leveling, so I wouldn’t mind leaving this char at rank 6 until more info is released for later classes if I decide to go that route.

2 Likes

Its about more than multi hit. Flame Ground has a slow tick speed, Firewall a lengthy cd. Plus pyro builds usually don’t benefit from Quick Cast due to ele being the superior choice for specialized dps.

All the more reason to bring some kind of support or utility element into the equation. Pyro is qualified to play the nuke at rank 3 or 4. By 200, the additive bonus of skill damage hardly applies. Always throw that Flame Ground on someone else’s Frost Cloud and it’ll feel better.

1 Like

if you only compare flame ground to frost cloud then ya, frost cloud win by mile ;D.
but pyro also have Fireball which has 15 second CD and 2 overheat.
so you can cast 4 ball before frost cloud come off CD.

Fire ball plus ground shouldn’t lose to Frost cloud (with NO quick cast buff)
and assume that all the tick hit the target. (60 ticks from ball and 15+ from flame ground.)

The really challenge is that u need the target to stay still for 17-20 sec and no1 knock fire ball away. which is really difficult T_T

Quick cast attribute benefit every atk spell. so Pyro should get the affect too.

currently I’m Pyro3 at 248, never have any problem solo or group grind in Alemeth or Eva.

1 Like

Flame Ground itself can compete with Frost Cloud over time.
Its just that for “burst” Frost Cloud does all of its hits in 10 seconds.
Level 15 Flame Ground takes 30 seconds to do all of its hits.
This is fine for stationary world bosses but not practical for everything else that is going to die well before that, or move.

Remember this thread

There are inaccuracies but the general trend is mostly there.

1 Like

A bit off topic, but if fire balls hit by melee attacks had the same effect as when they are hit by PP, then I wouldn’t mind so much if other players hit them.

The thing you need to accept 1st is that pyro is more for solo play. Got to work extra hard if you wanna pyro in party play. That said, here are some non cookie cutter builds that sorta work with pyro.

Kino 2 (or 3)

1. [psychic pressure] has a combo with [fireball]. It’s hard to pull off since [pp] pushes [fb] away but it can be done by a wall.
  2. [magnetic force] is amazing control. It helps to keep monsters in place for your aoe’s to do their work. It’s basically a pre nerf [hangman’s knot] without [joint penalty].

Cryo 3

1. [snow rolling] allows you to hit monsters with [fireball] even with melee around. [sr] can carry your [fb] turning you into a walking flaming snow ball.
  2. Your 2 pillar skills work with each other. [frost pillar] pulls and prevents monster action but deals no damage. [fire pillar] prevents monster action and deals damage.

Ele 1
Ele 1 has an attribute that causes an explosion when an enemy you killed died via fire damage. How good it actually is, I don’t know. It’s something.

This next bit is more on hoping we get the changes to priests. [blessing] is getting INT (2%) and SPR (6%) scaling with rumors that [sacrament] is getting the same treatment. Here’s to hoping [enchant fire] gets the same treatment too.

If [enchant fire] gets SPR scaling too, you can build around that and [reflect shield]. Many people underestimate being able to reduce damage by 100-200.

If the damage from [enchant fire] becomes significant, you can build around that with chrono for a wizard’s version of an AA character.

3 Likes

True however you don’t see many wiz3>pyro3 around exactly because its not optimal for that setup.

I play pyro3 with Pass in use. Very fun, great on bosses, yet no matter how many fireballs you make the story is the same there lol

Wiz3 pyro3 would work if Fireball stay in place T_T.
Pyro3 by itself have too many short coming >< (given it a Rank 2 class)

The thing is with pyro you want more control, that running around is fun for a few moments but not effective to kill stuff with. He has wiz3 so he can do more fire dmg ( 50% ) and casts hell breath without interruption. But the thing is he always has to run around and has zero cc to pull archers or ranged into aoe’s. also hellfire is his only rooting ultility.

If he would have dropped wiz2/3 and get 2x linker, he would have done a lot more dmg with his fire wall ( weird choose to pick for the build he uses tho ). but also more control over ranged monsters. Also because of the stun and fire pillar hell breath is going to be a simple cast anyway. There really is no point for him to go wiz3 in my opinion.

What you really want is cc and control, pyro will do dmg over time without issue’s.

@TonyDanza

I don’t even kick around fire balls. i throw them under a boss / monsters and if they like it to kick them out of there. then the party can blame him / her for being a bad player. If they want to do reduced dmg and decide its interesting, there issue not yours. I provide the dmg setup, there choice to see how they wanna apply it. ( its the same with my elemental, dropping frost cloud + hail and pull the monsters/ boss out? yea) yea not my issue.

But then i got a cryo build, so i can soak my balls up and roll them on a boss for enough time to make it all proc to the end.

@Gatygun

I currently run a cryo / pyro ( both rank 3 ) and i must say it’s a perfect match for eachother. Massive cc, a way to pull monsters in, and root monsters. Loads of way to dmg flying monsters, also really useful for dungeons ( endless amounts of cc ) and easy way to do dmg.

It also gives you 2 elements which makes it easier, as the moment a monster is resistance to fire you move to ice.

Ice spike is extremely strong, you can nail monsters for 10 sec on aoe bases in your aoe without issue’s. 17 sec fire pillar, 10 sec ice tree, 8 sec snow rolling, perm aoe freeze through ice bolt and then you got ice wall on top of it to nail group of monsters down again.

Perfect match for pyro in my opinion. so much ways to nail monsters on the ground and push them into your aoe.

I also really like snow ball + fire balls in them. Makes your snow ball a death ball :D. 4x 37k dmg dealing balls that hit 2 targets each is a massacre.

I do use ignition rod heavily refined, which makes all my skills thrown burn on targets instead of just fireball ( makes the cast quicker )

“If he would have dropped wiz2/3 and get 2x linker, he would have done a lot more dmg with his fire wall ( weird choose to pick for the build he uses tho )”

That’s why I did recommend linker with wiz 3 as well.

“What you really want is cc and control, pyro will do dmg over time without issue’s.”

Yes it will do damage over time, but the thing is, you will die first because of the lack of damage.

@Gatygun

Yeah, as of now I crave control on my Pyro more than anything; especially since my other 2 wizard builds are Cryo and Kino build variants (I’m a bit spoiled when it comes to CC). This is why I’m leaning towards at least 1 rank of Linker in the future, but like I said originally: I need more info on Rank 8 to know for sure where I want to go with this build.

Edit: Forgot to mention how insane the buffed Blessing is going to be as well. I normally run with a Priest buddy, so this is something we’re both really looking forward to.

Crying already :cry: