Tree of Savior Forum

Is Pyromancers Firewall really that...boring and bad?

Hello everybody,

I never really bothered with the firewall skill, but I just started another pyromancer and thought I’d give firewall a shot.

Well, its pretty bad. The damage is bad, it disappears rly quickly, it has no overheat and a 45 sec. cooldown.

Is there anything special bout this skill to make it awesome…or is it rly that bad and should simply be ignored?

Are there maybe any combos with it or something?

Thanks in advance :slight_smile:

If you’re interested in theorycrafting, here’s a pyro thread for you :

You can see that its dps per cast is not bad.
But it’s long CD and no overheat makes it fall off.

Fireball should be your higher priority.

1 Like

I would think though that Firewall is much more suited to PvP as a zoning tool. However it wouldn’t shine in that role until C2. Unlike Fireball it also doesn’t really offer much in terms of combo setups (at least Fireball serves more utility in this sense allowing for some fun skill synergies).

But, if you’re going C2 or C3 Pyro, and plan to PvP, I’d get it for sure. At Lv15 the 8 tiles and 17 hits will serve to zone and punish those that that cross the line (huehuehue). In the Arena this is evident but in open-world PvP I can see it being even more useful when players are chasing down narrow corridors and the likes.

Then again idk, seems like even a C3 Pyro will have his hands full since there are plenty of skills worth taking and very little points to work with at that point.

Firewall is fine you just don’t max it.
It hits flying enemies which is a boon over Flame Ground despite FG’s DPS advantage otherwise and it’s notably more “bursty” on bosses.

My Summoner went C3 Pyro and has maxed Fireball, Hell Breath, Level 14 Firewall IIRC, 0 points in Flare or Enchant Fire, and rest of points spread between Fire Pillar and Flame Ground.
Killed bosses just fine in a rotation of skills, Firewall was useful against flying enemies or even regular enemies, it just has a long CD.