Tree of Savior Forum

Another KTOS update - Barbarians get buffed even further!

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/treeofsavior/comments/4ep8ac/ktos_updated/

1.바바리안 [Barbarian]

클리브 [Cleave]

•Cleave 공격 시 적에게 5초간 ‘클리브’ 디버프가 부여됩니다. [when you attack enemy give debuff for 5s.]

•클리브 디버프 효과 : 베기 공격 시 50Cleave% 추가 대미지 [Cleave debuff effect : 50% addtional damage for slash attack]

This new buff clears any doubt whether Highlander is superior to Barbarian now - Barbarian is clearly stronger and pretty much necessary for a Doppel build in order to boost damage of Cyclone / Zornhau / Zucken / Redel damage.

I feel sorry for the people who went Highlander c3 > Doppel without Barbarian at all, their builds just got destroyed with this patch.

2 Likes

Well, Swordman c2, barb c2, corsair c2, shinobi is a good choice i guess

Not really, Shinobi and corsair’s hexen dropper does pierce damage so it gains no benefit from this cleave buff

1 Like

Their builds werent nerfed at all, don’t be overdramatic.
If anything this can be a buff to Double Swordsman comps.

It allows for more interesting team dynamic.

For instance.

Hunter Snatching (+100% to slashing and Strike)
Barbarian Cleave (+50% to slashing)
Rodelro High Kick and slithering (bonuses to Strike damage)
Stagger (bonus to pierce)
Hoplites watchmacallit (100% to piercing).
Lethargy (100% to Strike)
You can mix and match to build the comp you want more and more.

Highlander would only “Lose” out if you’re going for a single swordsman comp, but this just made double swordsman comps stronger than before.

With this patch, people who have this new cleave debuff will do +50% damage on Cyclone / Zornhau / Zucken / Redel compared to people who didn’t take at least 1 rank in Barbarian. This is an insane boost in burst damage.

About your team comp thing, who likes to rely on other Barbarians for a 5 sec debuff in order to boost their own damage? You’d have to time it really well to pull it off. Those builds who already have Barbarian in it can control when they want to burst with Cleave.

1 Like

Cleave has 3 overheat in Ktos.
Thats 15s of uptime. The skill has 16s of CD, with your 5s bleeding into the 16s so thats its really 11s of downtime. A 50% boost more then half of the time. Lets be real. Maximizing damage in damage windows is standard MMO affair. Same thing you’ll do with Decay for Archers, Lethargy/Snatching/Slithering/High Kick for Strike damage dealers.

Its a good buff that profits my Barb -> Doppel but its not no harm to Highlander specifically, if anything ‘hurts’ highlander it is the cooldown nerf they got.

This is a weird buff as far as I can say… I’m assuming this buff will not come to iToS unless they change skyliner back to no CD spell because the kToS never got the highlander/doppel nerfs that we got.

This change would’ve made more sense if it were an attribute you can get at Barbarian c3 or smth, not just directly added to the spell.

As for kToS, I can already see people imagining Lunge + Cleave into Cyclone/Skyliner spam combo, heh.

1 Like

Ofc it will come to iTos I would imagine any buffs/nerfs on there will eventually transfer to here.

Well, that just might be the case, but the highlander/ranger/linker/doppel nerf they did back at the start of iToS never occurred before in kToS and it is specific to iToS atm. This is why I say it might not come.

Also, they mentioned from the beginning that how they do class balances would be different (I don’t know how much different) between the servers.

So we’ll see in future how it goes.

1 Like

i choose for Doppel Rank 7

yeah sadhu is te only clas that really needs a buff

Yeah yeah… Barbarian become strongers than before. That’s nice, I am a barbarian, I wont complain.
BUT… This is on kTOS.
Did iTOS Highlanders got Sky Liner changes like kTOS ones? Nope.
So, thoses changes may take several months before coming on International Tree Of Savior… As they can never comes.
Keep it in mind.

I think it will, just like how Rodelero buffs will come to iTOS.
But I can see your points about Highlander’s Skyliner changes, so there are some hard decisions for people who are class changing to Doppel to make.

Why not both? If you’re already planning a Highlander -> Dopp build you could sub out the R5 C1 Peltasta for C1 Barbarian (assuming the cleave buff comes to iToS).

Yes you can, but as mentioned above, if this cleave buff doesn’t come to iTOS then you’ve just wasted 1 rank in Barbarian c1, since Barbarian c1 without the cleave buff is worthless

Shhh… Not too loud…

A few days ago i hit rank 5 and now it looks like this:
Swordsman c1 - Highlander c3 - Peltasta c1.

Barb c1 seemed useless for my build. Now with this change, i feel like i have to reroll :confused:

Calm down there buddy, we haven’t gotten confirmation yet that this change will be implemented in iTOS yet.

1 Like

And what if it is implemented? ,)

Well…yeah that would suck hard I guess…it would make Barbarian c1 pretty much mandatory for all Doppels out there.