Tree of Savior Forum

Another KTOS update - Barbarians get buffed even further!

New meta is Sword > High C3 > Barbarian > Doppel C2

The patch for kTOS is meant to buff Barbarian on par with 0 cooldown Skyliner.

Since we don’t have 0 cooldown Skyliner, these changes might not happen here at all.

I hope you are right, dont want to reroll ,)

These discrepancies in country versions should not be allowed.

People should be able to choose what server they play not because of versions, but because of ping, language and friends.

1 Like

I literally just went swordie highlander c3 to pelta 1. my pelta 1 is job lvl 1. this is bullshit im quitting if they buff barb on itos cuz i grinded for a month im not rerolling a months worth of play, what was the point of early access then. I can forgive the botting and exploits, but if u ■■■■ with my build im gone.

It’s not like they’re nerfing peltasta, they’re improving Barbarian. You can still pull all mobs to you, even with Barbarian buffed.

You realize that you sounded like a spoiled kid that can’t be happy with others being happy too.

Thank god, my Fencer build needed a buff.

bring skyliner 0 cd back !

Well, that’s nice to hear, considering Barb3 ->Doppel2 is what I’m aiming for.

There’s no need to freak out about buffs/nerfs/changes to different classes and feeling like you have to re-roll. Consider this: As long as this game and imbalances exist, there will be changes. Some will completely wreck a build, others will just tickle them, and some will totally buff them over the end. Looking at the whole picture, running around looking to respec a character in line with the current buffs/nerfs will be pointless, because another change will happen and your build’s efficiency changes along with it. Not saying you shouldn’t respec; if you’re into that, go for it. Doesn’t seem worth the time invested to me.

If your gonna change the meta every month dont expect majority of players to stick around. theres no security since these buffs were talking about are huge, not tiny little tweaks. this game is not ready for release when you have all these classes and the strong get stronger and others are completely ignored/stay nerfed. thats on way to kill your mmo. have fun grinding to 200 every time they buff/nerf. we are talking about 50% dmg to slash atks that affect all the doppel skills, like wtf is IMC thinking. kill build diversity and pigeon hole everyone, sounds like shitty diablo 3 to me.

A small nerf or buff is one thing, but buffing the damage for one class for +50% is something else.
It’s very nice for barb and i am not really against it, but with such enourmous changes, you need a respec option for other classes. And that we don’t have.

A game like this won’t survive long in the mmo market i think.
With those changes, why would someone take a 2hand swordman without barb into a party? Makes no sense because barb hast +50%dmg

When implement such huge changes, just give players the option to change 1 or 2 cirlces and all will be happy.
If there is no such option, with every such huge update, some players will quit the game - that i am sure.
gg thx bye? i don’t think so because less players = less money for the game.

Buffing classes that were weak doesn’t seem like “kill build diversity” to me.

I still can’t understand why you guys are complaining ?
It’s like saying: “I feel miserable because my neighbor is getting a raise”

This is so childish.

2 Likes

Because some of us are actually trying to be competitive here.
Knowing that a simple class choice can boost 50% of your slash damage is the difference between 10000 vs 15000 damage using a particular skill. That’s a huge difference and the guy has every right to be mad, heck I would be too if I were him.
Don’t downplay someone’s hard work becoming inefficient because of huge meta changes (outside his control) as being “childish”

2 Likes

Competitive ? Are you serious ? What are you competing for ? Do you want to be the best of this game ?

I’m out of words for how ridiculous this is. Sorry, I’m out of here, can’t stand all this kids.

Muted

2 Likes

While I agree that buffing classes that need to be buffed to perform at the same level as other classes is necessary, calling someone out on wanting to be the best in a game is pretty childish. Let them do what they want to do, that’s not for you to judge.

From a competitive standpoint, I can see why you’d be frustrated. So some things to consider are:

1. We don’t get the Barbarian buff and everything stays the same.
  2. We get the buff, but it won’t be as ridiculous of a percentage.
  3. We get the buff, along with some tweaks to other classes.

Regardless, I can see that this isn’t going to go down well with the majority of Highlander players. If there’s enough of a discussion on the topic, I’m pretty much certain IMC is going to respond (going by their previous responses).

I’m all for it.

As a barb, most of our skills don’t scale well, so with this it sort of makes up for it. I’d heard the warnings but I’ve only actually noticed the damage drop post-140 (especially during bosses). What we’ve got is a bunch of flat damage skills that start to fall off at higher levels. This skill at least gives us that spike of damage while it’s up.

It’s not unfair at all given barbarian is all about sacrificing defence to deal damage. Right now I feel like I’m playing a glass cannon with a half-assed cannon, so this buff is really welcome. There’s no point almost dying if we can’t even do what our class was made to do (i.e. risk taking a lot of damage up close to be heavy-hitters).

TL;DR: IMO the people who’ve gotten upset about this have overreacted because they don’t seem to realise that barbs aren’t the DPS gods they were before they got nerfed hard.

Let’s not get ahead of ourselves here, there’s no guarantee we are even going to be getting the same changes they do, and if we are, we’ve no indication of when.

Not much sense in worrying about wrong class choices yet.

Also, in the same vein that Barb buffs can make you regret, maybe the next patch buffs another class you already rolled to make you feel better again. Games like this are in a constant state of flux, there is really no reason to get twisted over a small period of sub-optimized class choices (when the difference isn’t huge) because they do not offer a class path reset. That means you have to inevitably live with changes that may temporarily render your build sub-optimal for periods of time, unless you reroll every single patch that they change something.

It’s highly unlikely they will offer a path respec too, because it would create exactly what they’re trying to avoid: FOTM rerolls.

I kinda think you’re missing the thought process here. Comments on the topic have been particularly whiny, but I do get where they are coming from. It’s not that Barbarians are now too strong, it’s that every slashing attack is 50% stronger if you take Barb1. So, in theory, all the R6 swordies who skipped Barb need to decide if their current Barb-less build can live without +50% slashing dmg for 15 sec (with 11 sec downtime) and if not they’ll need to reroll.

Though, again, this is all in theory since we have no clue if these buffs are heading iToS’s way.

PS: God I hope at least the costumes do… that Highlander 3 is sexy.

i too want to be the very best, like no one ever was.
and with this they just changed the meta of slash type guys
not cool

Well, if you really want to do efficient work on “being competitive” you should wait the release of next ranks, you won’t have to reroll then (it would be a shame to do some circle reset, i didn’t level wiz C3 and peltasta c2 for nothing) :slight_smile: Since max level can be reached in ~ 2 weeks, i don’t know what’s the point about asking a circle reset.
This game is based on diversity of builds. Why complaining about balancing ? Barbarian is like crap in term of damage output right now compared to Hoplite/Highlander builds (even most of corsaires build hoplite, yeay), and rodelero desperatly needs a buff.
I’m glad to know that both my alts will be buffed, but I also know they will be in the average of builds efficiency in few months.

Ah damn I hope they could just announce it if they are going to bring this into the next patch to iTOS. I was planning to go for Barb C3 -> Dopp -> Dragoon but if this buff of 50% extra damage for slash I will go for Dopp C2 instead.