Tree of Savior Forum

I want to be fencer

hello my path is sm>high>barb1 … i want to be fencer so i’ll go to barb3>fencer2 or will i just go to dopp2?

Barb 3. You do not need dopp

even if im not sm2? i can go t o fencer 2? is it ok ?

Why would you go for Dopp C2 if you want to be a fencer? I think I don’t understand your question. Dopp C2 skills are weapon restricted for two-hand swords (but you can just swap between then and a rapier), and also with Deeds of Valor you want to get hit for stacks, but as a fencer you are going to have some skills that gives you evasion and block rate, and that makes even Dopp C1 not so appealing for a fencer.

But as for builds for a fencer, since you are already a high 1 > barb 1, IMO the best options would be:

• high 1 > barb 3 > fencer 2
  • high 2 > barb 2 > fencer 2
1 Like

i mean which path is better if
sm>high>barb3>dopp2 or
sm>high>barb3>fencer2

Well, as a Fencer you can ‘tank’ a lot more with block and evasion increase while using skills. As a Dopp you are more damage oriented, sacrificing defense for more damage and have a good AoE skill with Cyclone.
I can’t really say that X is better than Y, both have different styles, choose what fits you better. There is a really good guide for Swordman’s tree here, if you haven’t see it yet, there’s a lot of useful information that can help you make your choice.

As a side note, recently barbarian got some buffs on kToS that gives more synergy with Dopp, though we don’t know if this will come to iToS. Fencer also has a slash skill (with 0 cooldown) that can take advantage of this buff.