Tree of Savior Forum

SwordC3-BarbC2-DoppelC2 viable for Pvp/Gvg(Guild tower breaker)?

Hi all guys, i am doing a build oriented to Pvp/Gvg (Mainly focusing players and breaking Guild Towers too) and waiting too for future updates of the game , with the release of c8 (Doppel) and more.

I am going to sword c3 for restrain buff, excelent for pvp i think, and also pain barrier.
Barb for the damage,cc, and attack speed.
Doppel for the damage and skills with great number of attacks (Restrain-Cyclone good disable aoe too)
Stats= 3dex, 1str, 1con

This build is oriented to pvp so what do you think about the composition of clases? is viable or not? Any suggestions guys?

Restrain is pointless if you cannot catch them (one of the reason cataphract is the best pvp sword class)

Anyway, in KR they just buffed the stun chance of seism so it might worth a shot.

Out of curiosity, why cleave 10 but leave helm chopper at 5? My experience so far is that helm chopper does almost triple the damage of cleave.

Also is swordsman c3 worth not taking highlander c1 for the two handed dmg bonus?

@Rulke in this moment yes chopper is better, but now in kTos Cleave give a buff with 50% more damage with slash, and be more usefull in determinated situations with low space to hit. Cleave-Seism-Zornhau-Sucken the main rotation i guess (dont tested yet, i am a newbie). This build is orientated to pvp and chopper its slow (tested haha) and with the future new buffs (dont know yet if are implemented here) i think is better. If i am wrong skill reset and change to 10 chopper and 5 cleave haha

Anyway Cleave is better than Helm Chopper.
Right now, it have faster animation, +50 crit rate and do +150% damages on stun ennemy.

When kToS update will reach our server you can add Overheat x3 and +50% slash damages debuff.

Helm chopper hit twice but since it have low animation and no other bonus I recommand to use it only for stun.

Imo. Chopper and Helm should be max. why? read the Skill description. Chopper = Stun + Cleave = More dmg to stunned enemies… But tbh. None of that matters when you’re against people who is smart using something that “Nullifies” harmful status. (Some people know what I mean). So at this moment. Cataphract is the best in PVP.

Take it from a HL2/Barb2/Dop1 who likes the PVP system.

You need to open with Seism, that’s your only chance to catch people in PvP

@thailehuy thx for the feedback!

@zillionymerej yes i know about this, cataphract are the best for the move and more… but isn’t the only class, i am searching for something different and the same time good (right now obviusly not the best option) but patchs are coming out and waiting for futures nerfs or buffs.
About the head chopper is only for stun in C7 not for damage but still good in lvl10 head, but i lost enough time casting the skill, so i preffer lvl 10 cleave for the crit (future slash) and low animation.

breaker ? how about corsair c2 + shinobi since you should be a fast attacking character. correct me if im wrong but shinobi’s clone can imitate dagger attack while in double weapon assault is active right ?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

go with my build, sword3>high>corsair>doppel2
high give u 2h mastery, block and crown, corsair give u iron hook. those are better choices than barb2 for a 2h guy

if u want barb, get high>barb3>doppel2, cus barb alredy have A LOT of stun so restrain isnt that useful

CATAPHRACT FOR THE WIN

But seriously Dopple do a TON of damage if positioned right but you need to have fast reaction to do this

If the new Cleave buff on Barbarian comes to iTOS, then your build will need to change. It’ll need to be Sword3 > Barb > Corsair > Doppel 2 in order to be optimal to boost Doppel 2’s skills.

no…no…no…just…noo
“high give u 2h mastery, block and crown,that is better choice than barb for a 2H sword guy”

i know u can combo restrain with cleave, but u have to sacrifice block, crown and 2h mastery for it, while u will always have high ranks dmg skills, like redel/zucken
remember that ur block is POWERFULL, with skill lvl 5, base lvl 280 and a bit of str u get 1200 block, thats A LOT.

cleave is great if u combo with seism/helm chopper, the barb buffs make it A LOT more viable for end game

Calm down and think about this rationally.

• 2H Mastery has been discussed extensively and shown to not impact as much as people believe. Plenty of discussion here: The Highlander 2H Critical Attack attribute is a noob trap

• Block: If we are talking PVP then Blocking via Cross Guard is bad because it makes you stop moving to cast it. You’re a sitting duck and prone to cc, not to mention magicians will ignore it and freeze/sleep and kill you.

• Crown: If you can even get close to a wizard in the first place to use it on him. If you can actually get into melee range, it would be better to just hook and kill him instead.

• Swordsman c3 is absolutely pointless if there is an enemy PD with Bloodletting that protects the entire enemy team from stuns/slows.

• Cleave with the +50% slash damage is very useful to combo with Doppel c2 skills Zornhau / Zucken / Redel / Cyclone 10 for huge burst. Why would you bother comboing it with Seism/Helm Chopper at this stage?

*2H mastery isnt the the big deal here too, but with the right stats u wont have a lot of STR so it helps i get the most out of it.
also, u said its a flat number, the same with cleave 50 crit rate. even if i do 200% more dmg to stuned targets, any skill that hits more than once will do almost the same dmg, split into 2+ hits.

*block archers and other swordsman, as well monks, i dont see how it could be bad. if u are facing a catagoon build or a musketer and have no block u will have a hard time. And if u are going for doppel u will have 0 defense, so block is even more important

*if u are facinga cleric using stone skin (without bloodleting of course) u can use crown to reduce the SPR so can hit the guy, and/or set up zucken for bonus dmg. and its usefull for pve too cus u can use it on magic mobs, bosses.

*swordsman 3 is great, if the enemy team doesnt have a PD or when PD dies (we can help that with iron hook and knockdowns). u combo with cyclone and geat AoE perma stun/slow. that also works great for pve, when facing a lot of mobs or a elite (DOV increase AA speed so u can almost perma stun 1v1 with auto atacks too)
also, u have max level pain barrier, thats 29secs with 39 secs cooldown, its important for pvp…

*50% slash dmg? duno where u saw it lol and u combo with the skills i said cus u will be high>barb3>doppel

Dude looks like you didn’t even know about the latest Barbarian buffs…
Read my thread here:

Another KTOS update - Barbarians get buffed even further!:

Then read everything I said in my previous reply and it will all make sense

oh i didnt know about that, loool, thats a HUGE change to all builds.
so now we have to get at least c1 barbarian for any doppel build, c1 highlander too for the stuff i alredy said. now probably high>c3barb>doppel or c2barb>corsair>doppel or highlander are the best options if u consider that u have PD to stop ur restrain so u have to deal more dmg
i think ill just level up another class loool like wizz/archer/cleric

BUT, in kTOS they didnt nerf Skyliner, so its probably some kind of compansation for that OPness, we have to check if its realy coming to iTOS

but do such big changes like that is really bad, i’m kinda pissed that ill need to start over, ill probably give up on buying the pack 1 cus its like a wipe for me and i alredy have 9 tokens that i bought from the noobs selling cheap

That is why everyone has been saying since the dawn of time, if you want to PVP with Swordsman, Cataphract c3 > Dragoon is REQUIRED. The movement speed buff from Trot is the only thing that prevents you being kited to oblivion.

Doppel’s cyclone animation is slow to start and the movement speed while spinning is very slow, so people can just walk away until your cyclone is finished. The only way to pull it off is to stand melee range and land iron hook then cyclone and hopefully kill. But then again, how do you get close in the first place without Trot? Any half decent archer/wizard can keep you outside melee range and Clerics are immortal with their massive heal tiles / safety zone, not to mention Stone Skin will make everyone block cyclone anyway.

If you absolutely love PVP, reroll another class other than swordsman, or get Cataphract c3 > Dragoon.

thats something to consider, meh, i like pvp with swordie and i was going to make a catagoon build anyways, but id like to test doppel one too =/
ill think about it, maybe ill endup making the sword3>cata3>dragoon meta in the end, but highlander c3>barb1>doppel2 , with this slash thing + deeds of valor + cyclone is something to consider too, but probably more pve stuff