Tree of Savior Forum

15 Ideas to Make This Game GREAT + My Thoughts

Yes, it’s a wall-o-text. But I’d rather not make 4 threads no one’s going to read.

With the 2nd ICBT well under way and feedback topics now popping up. I feel like I can now discuss my feedback and suggestions to the game as a translator who’s played through the game very closely (been holding back to avoid spoiling things for everyone, will try not to spoil here as well).

I really want the developers to be able to read and understand this post, so I’ll keep my English simple here.

The Linear Progression

As some players have said, with a great example by @rafael_clp at

The game feels very linear. It is almost like a single-player game where you go through 80% of the world just by playing the main quest. With only 20% of the world left for free exploring. That’s not enough for people who like to explore and find new, cool things that most other people have not found. I myself don’t want to start new characters because I know I won’t see anything new with that character.

It is actually very hard especially for me to suggest fixes to how quests work in this game, since I’ve spent almost 2 months translating all these quests :smile:. But here are some suggestions, some might be really stupid. I hope one of them is good.

1. Make the main storyline very high level. This way, the lower level maps are more open-world, and the demons can be more bad-ass. Also it prevents main quest from breaking up due to level requirement, since it’s all around the same high level.

2. Make the main story more of a ‘mystery’. Try to make the players do more ‘thinking’ work to find the revelations. Sometimes I feel like the NPCs already know everything, and the human players are just dumb people who are strong. If possible try to concentrate the main story to a few maps, so more of the world is open for exploring.

3. Make players pick and choose quests. One funny thing I felt in the game was how a player could be a Tenant’s Friend helping the farmers but also help the baron the farmers hate. Why give us the option to deny a quest when you can do them all right now?

4. Just make more maps that have absolutely nothing to do with quests/story. This could actually be easy to do, since I believe map and character design is the game’s best part right now. There are lots of “dead ends” in maps I can easily see becoming “2F Kateen Forest” or something. Make these maps beautiful, make them hard to reach, make them have cool/cute monsters that give interesting rewards.

If we’re going by #4, we’re going to have to talk about the item and combat system right now.

Items

Right now, once you’ve played the game enough, you know what items are good and what items are bad. That is a big problem for a game that talks about giving players freedom to pick and choose many kinds of classes.

For example, when it comes to equipment, AoE, magic attack, and critical (chance and attack) are easily the most important numbers right now. Aside from that, some items like Max Pentamion (+14 all stats) seemed to be must-haves for anyone high level. All the other items are just trash. I can confirm this by seeing how Level 200 KR players built their characters.

With these “ideal/perfect” builds, the game quickly became boring for me. Everyone’s going after the same equipment, why should I race everyone else to the same ending?

The fact that items are limited to level 40, 75, 120, 170 etc makes it boring since when I know I have the best item (it gives me +Critical, so I know it’s good), for my level, I don’t have a reason to look for other items, I just try to level as fast as I can to the next limit.

There should be no “right answer” build. Items actually are quite related to how monsters work right now so here goes:

1. Make monsters more varied, and make those differences strong. Make monsters that fly very high, dig underground and move, have different kinds of poisons, have very strong and very weak elements, have very high critical resistances or move very fast.
    Right now everyone is only focused on killing as many monsters as they can, as fast as they can (that’s why we focus on AoE and Critical) and this only works because most monsters are pretty much the same. Making some monsters ungrindable except for specific kinds of characters (or teams with those characters) will make the game feel more colorful.
  2. Make more requirements for items to be equipped. Character level is too simple, make some swords require DEX and some bows require CON or SPR or something. This could give way to more interesting builds and balance some others. Make some “OR” requirements. Example: A sword that requires level 120, or someone with 90 STR. This can also make things interesting.
  3. Make item stats variable. Maybe one Iron Bow gives more Critical Attack than another Iron Bow?
  4. More class-specific items. I’ve started seeing items that aid Hunter skills for example. Those are good. Maybe items that help people craft things better or higher success of reinforcing item?
  5. Fix how grinding works. As I said on #1, people are currently focused on builds that kill lots of monsters quickly to level up quickly. Maybe if there are other ways to level up/ other things to do, there would be less focus on that…

How to Level Up: Combat & the Grinding problem.

Right now, there’s nothing to do but fight if you want to level up. You need to kill monsters to Level normally, You need to kill monsters for quests to level most of the time. Helping players tank damage or healing them doesn’t help you level at all. Under this system you’re going to see a lot of players complaining about EXP rates, not enough monsters, etc.

There needs to be more things you can do to progress in the game. Here are some ideas:

1. Make it so people don’t need to fight monsters. What if I could level by shooting at a target range or training at a dojo? What if I could duel class Masters for fun/for reward?

2. Some players would rather not base their characters around fighting or spend most of their time fighting. Perhaps make it so crafting and other non-combat activities help one level?

3. Maybe the Card mini-game gives out EXP cards if you win? People will definitely start playing them if it did.

4. More quests in town. Speaking of quests in towns, Klaipeda and Fedimian probably have fewer quests than many out-of-city maps, which is funny :smile: . I always thought more quests would open up in town as I got higher leveled. Maybe there are more quests in town that don’t involve fighting monsters? The great thing about town is that it is Level-neutral. Mr. Uska or the Cleric Master or the soldiers there could very much dish out quests ranging from level 1 to 200 there. What if I as a Highlander can still get quests from other Masters such as the Fencer Master? There are so many people in town, yet few people actually matter to me right now. That can easily be changed.

5. Make Monsters more tough, with more EXP each monster.
    Pardon my language but it sometimes looks stupid to see my character killing millions of helpless monsters and thanks to how the maps are designed in this game, there are not a whole lot of places to find the large amounts of monsters that I need to level in a full server.
    Since adding a crazy amount of monsters wouldn’t be a good idea for server load, I would recommend making monsters stronger and worth a lot more EXP individually.
    With this, each grinder will cover less ground, and tanks/healers and parties will probably be more important.
    To make this work however, You will need to seriously improve monster AI, and monster traits, since fighting a high HP monster that doesn’t do anything is also really boring.
    At the end of the day, I think it’s more cool to fight and gain a lot more EXP from evenly-matched monsters than to slaughter a million squishy things.

6. Reexamine how EXP cards work and required EXP for leveling. A lot of people find it awkward when suddenly it’s easy to level at around level 45. To keep players adaquately leveled through a storyline, maybe make it so EXP cards have a level associated with them.
    For example: Level 7 cards give bonus EXP to players under level 160 so they get to 160 faster.

Misc Suggestions

Some parts of the game feel like lost potential. We have the lodge system and books, but there’s no reason for me to visit other people’s lodges or read books.

Maybe I can start new quests by reading a book or document? Maybe the document tells me where to find a super secret recipe or item?

Maybe I can visit the lodge of a logged-out friend and leave him messages or gifts?

I have made many other suggestion threads before, here are some I think are still worth thinking about:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/t/suggestion-buying-skill-upgrade-points-not-attributes/37745

Phew, That’s all, I hope IMC can read through this and that everyone is enjoying the game :smiley:

36 Likes

I agree with you in many points! I will try to complement some things with my opinion.

1. One thing I appreciate in MMORPGs it’s the liberty the game gives me. Liberty in
    exploring, equipping and customizing my character, leveling the skills… Like others said in some threads, the game take you by hand and show you the world, it’s not me that will discover the world, the game is already doing this part for me. For that exploration worth it was to have rewards, that can be delivered in many ways, like rare and special monsters that drop valious items, the treasure chests hidden in the maps is a good example, although it’s too sparse in the late game (or I’m horrible in finding them haha). And as you said, few equipments are really good for a determined level, there is no freedom for me to try different items or test different combinations.
  2. I don’t encountered difficulty in the game. With a level 50 archer I could solo everything by now, this don’t encourage the people to create parties and work as a team. If I can easily defeat a boss why have the effort to find a group? This only corroborates the single-player side of the game, not the MMO. One of the principal elements (if not the most) that makes me play a MMORPG for more than some months is the relation that I have with the others players and the friends I make in this process.
  3. Quests are the only way to level up and, with some exceptions, are repetitive.

But I also have to say the things I liked in the game. The art design is excellent, I loved the soundtrack (although it’s can be more well explored in some points) and I appreciated the class level up system.

I have much more to say, but I don’t have time now :sweat_smile:

(And sorry if I wrote many things wrong, English isn’t my first language)

Yeah Treasure chests and Zemnya Statues, which seem to be one of the things you look for as a explorer, seem few and far apart in this game.

1. Zemnya Statues are not hard to find at all - most are just along the way near sources of side-quests.

2. Treasure chests are tricky which I like, but they so far give OK, not great rewards: back to my point on items

Which reminds me - yes we do have to walk around to find NPCs who give us quests but it kinda loses the point when 95% of the NPCs we meet in the field are quest-sources. It’s basically talk to every NPC you can find then.

Nice post :slight_smile: i’m specially in favor of the “less linearity” suggestions, the main problem of this game is that is very “story centric”, so it feels more like a “Diablo 3 - like” game than a MMORPG.

But on the other topics, I actually think that IMC has made many right choices on the game mechanics, considering the balance between elements and attack types, and with the recent incorporation of “monsters gems”, I feel that they are in the right path considering item customization and combat mechanics. But the game linearity breaks all of this and makes it simply useless…

Making other paths to progress your character is a must to be able to make this game more enjoyable, because right now the only way to ride this railroad is to make a Swordsman -> Highlander -> Barbarian, over-upgrade a weapon and just go all the way through… fixing this is not an easy problem, just hope that they do something about it…

I love a lot of these suggestions and wouldn’t mind if the game was changed into these.

Requirements isn’t an idea that I like. I want to have freedom to use my own build and forcing me to add CON or SPR to use a bow I might really like is a little silly.

Stats on items should be varied by 0-10 but that should only happen on items that drop from monsters. If someone is crafting the Iron Bow it should always be 78 Crit Att. I like the idea of being able to get lucky and have an item with a lot of one stat from a lucky monster drop.

You should only be able to get EXP from monsters, no Dojo. The idea of craft only characters sounds a lot like Runescape and I don’t think it’s for this game.

Awesome suggestions and organization!

1.questing story line.tell u what for new players there really dont know what to do beside MAIN quest so y so fussy about the main quest(not everyone so inteligents like u).for future i think tos will make more hidden quest cause it need time and brain to make it hidden that u r hard to know it.(and yes if u want more more u will have to wait,i see now the server lagging is because too much map and data for monster and item,thats y gm off and on the market and channel of maps,even with the chat.

2.items.+14 stat ==str=14-16 +16crit dmg/ con=1000-1200 hp/ int=14-16 magic dmg/spr=regen mp 14-16/dex=3-4 dmg+16 crit rate.is it very much??and ya u can wear resistant gear defend melee dmg gear magic dmg gear.so not every 1 is same.but if u set it with stat to wear it.u will see that all in the end is same.(class so many class how u want the stat build-fast mp regen-high defance archer-thats y if u fix it stat to wear armor or weapon.there will be gone.i feel is ok with the equitment and item tos give.u can select what u want.archer with shiled??

others i like what u post.

Please, read these ideas and opinions, a lot of players think this way.
@STAFF_J @STAFF_Shawn @STAFF_Marikim

7 Likes

the thing i mainly dislike about the quest (which is the same in most games) is the npc stand right next to the enemies you need to kill and say, ‘get some thing from this here and come back’.

i’d have a lot more fun if i was just given npc that talked to you and you had to work out what they need, find the enemies yourself. piece the story together from there responses and such. you find the enemies, you search for rocks or how to destroy the summoning circles, or whatever, then you go back when you’re done. you don’t even need to read the extra text 'cause the map tell you where to be.

even if you just had 2-3 objectives instead of 1 for each npc it’d flow more like a story. it just breaks it all up to have npc explain each little bit and stand there all day watching you work. and why do they hand around forever; can’t you hide them once the map is finished? don’t they have homes to go to.

Honestly. After playing Guild Wars 2 for so many years. Tree of Savior just feels like a huge step back in the current age of MMORPGs.

Guild Wars 2 has ruined almost all other MMOs for me at this stage because of the range of conveniences and different ways it provides rewards in doing so many different things.

This game just feels like every other top-down view game I’ve played and nothing excitingly new.

Trying so hard to like this game but I just can’t. Something or the other just urkes me. Im surprised at the state of this game for a 2015/2016 release.

I would’ve of thought developers learn the good and the bad and try and pull it all together to produce something better.

Anyhow. I agree with all your suggestions.

First of all, let’s face it: they will not change the core structure of the game. The game is already in the later stages of development (with a rumor of the kOBT starting at the end of the year), and i doubt they will do like Square Enix did revamping FFXIV. So the final product of this game will be not much different from what we have now. (The max they will do is to tweak some numbers and some minor change here and there).

Anyway, beliving in that doesn’t prevents us to give opinions and suggestions. Anyway, i will mention RO for some comparison, but that just to make the idea more clear, i’m not one of those who want ToS to become RO2

The linear progression:
The main issue here is this “doing errands” quest structure. The quests doesn’t really feel like a quest, (talking to a NPC and killing 10 monsters just on his side or just talking with a NPC are not a quest for me).

A quest, for me is something like we have on RO, such some of the class change quest (finding NPCs on several spots of the world, doing things more than just killing X monsters on the side of NPC, such as Assassin quest where you had to answer a quiz, do some tests such as killing the right monsters, and even passing through an invisible labirynth! or the Kyel Hyre or Bio Labs quests).

All those quest indicators also makes quest far boring. The NPC says “search someone on map X” and when you go to map X, the NPC is marked on the map. They should just say what you have to do, but not simply indicate on the map each step of the quest progress. The quests are basically “follow the dots on the map”.

The quest should follow “arcs” and what you do between the star and end of each arc is up to you,
For example:
Arc 1 - Meet with the Knight Capitain in Klaipedia

• What you do between that is up to you, we could have all those “do an errand” on the maps for people to do, but it’s up to them.
  • The arc end should end with a major boss fight (so if people just skiped everything would probably lose, the knight capitain testing you could be cool)

Arc 2 - Revelation at Crystal Mines.

• Save the Alchemist Master
  • Make all the boiler fixing a single huge quest.
  • Save the villagers on the mines.
  • Major boss fight against Mirtis to get the revelation.
    Other errands all optional

Arc 3 - Revelation at Tenet Chapel.

• Meet the Paladin Master
  • Go to Tenet Chapel
  • Major boss fight against Gesti on the altar.
    Other errands all optional

And so the story goes on. People aren’t locked on the same line of errands, although all must pass through the same major events of the story. People can simply grind to pass through the main challenges or can do the errands to level up (this would require a better balance of the EXP of grinding vs. questing, since as it is questing simply give more EXP)

Item:
This system of items with tiers is simply bad. While i undestand that some items should have level requirements based on their levels, the items should be more “free”.

Also, the flat addition nature of the game makes some items that have extra effects useless on the later stages.
For example the Iron Bow you mentioned. It is a very good weapon, but you know that EVERY single lvl 70 bow will be better simply because their raw damage is higher. For example, if the Crit damage from iron bow was % based, He could be desireable for Critical Focused builds even when there are other weapons with more raw attack. Also they should avoid those items packed with several bonus at same time. For example, Vubbe Figher Gautlet have a huge +10 STR bonus AND +2 AoE. If those bonus were on different items, people would choose between them according to their needs.

On this point RO had also a good solution making weaker items more personalizable (most 4 slot items were weaker, while more powerful items had less/no slots). On ToS, the Gemstone system is just used to make strong weapons more strong. The gem system need to be expanded, the monsters gem only increasing skill level is quite boring.

Also, the fact that weapon attack have too much weight on the character overall damage makes that you can’t simply use an weaker weapon with a custom effect, instead of just using an weapon with very high attack power, the same with armor and accessories.

How to Level Up: Combat & the Grinding problem.
While some alternative means for leveling is good, they must be very careful with it, because this can be easily abusable if too easy, or useless if too hard.

The point about monsters, is not about making them though, but making them not generic. Monster are basically HP, def and atk. Most of them have nothing in special. They just attack over and over until die. Again on RO, we had different monster for different people. We had tad slow monster, ideal for archers, undeads that took damage from healing for healers, High evasion/def with low mdef for wizards, high hit/aspd low base damage for tankers. Low hit high damage for evasive characters. A lot of monsters were more than just hp, atk and def.
Also, before the renewal, there was a true reward for killing stronger monster, so it was not a waste to make a party and go on maps of higher level. (Killin Abysmal Knights at the begin was a worth challenge or low level wizards killing Argiope with fire wall + fire bolt).

Talking about challenge, this is something totally absent from ToS. The bosses are simple (talking about them later) and normal mobs from your level range are laughable. Since there is no reward in going to higher level areas, you just stick on the areas of your level and all you can do is a stream of slow grinding. There should be some high risk/high rewards, such as killing mobs from higher levels welding more exp (but for that the monsters need to be less dumb as they are now)

Also make resistances more relevant. The whole Cloth > Leather > Plate thing seems cool, but makes little difference and elemental resistance are near to non-existant. I just use my strongest weapon no matter the enemy i face, because the reduction provided by incompatible type is not that big.(it seems to be 25% only). If it was bigger (50% - 75%) people would need to think before smashing anything on their front.(switching weapon would be really necessary, and elemental damage more relevant)

Things I also would like to add:

Bosses
The bosses really needs to be different. You can kill every single boss with the same strategy, just circle them and attack while they’re using their attack. They all have exactly the same attack pattern and behavior with the only difference being the AoE of the said attacks. The bosses needs to fell more unique, with different action patterns and behaviors.
All bosses are just huge monsters that follow your character, and when in range, use a skill with a very long animation (that gives you time to leave the AoE) and repeat this process over and over.
There are many ways to make bosses few different and interesting, as the bosses are now, they are just the same, they are exiting at the begin, but when you have fought 20-30 bosses, it’s become very boring.

Classes:
The problem with the classes are all the math involved within the game mechanics.
They just make that no matter what gimmick your class have, it will no be better than just smash everything with a two handed sword.
We have sappers with traps, peltasta with his tanking and provoking skills, clerics and priests with their healing and support… this all is cute but is never as efficient like just getting a highlander or berserker and smash everything.
Also they made the classes in a way that their attacks gets outclassed by higher rank classes, so this make build the class far less interesting, you will end just choosing the classes with better support skills and skip the rest until you get the high rank class of your choice.

9 Likes

Perfect ideas here, congratulations to all!
I have some too, but I don’t speak english very well… A shame…
But that’s definitively one of the most (if not the most) constructive thread right now.
Sadly, like Victor said, the game is almost on OBT state in Korea and for me the biggest mistake that the developers did was to make the game too big from the get go and not trying to get our point of view earlier (Alpha state).
I didn’t played RO from the beginning but i remember that i had like 4 different areas to explore or kill the same level monster, but they where very different from each other and they loot where different too, that made me WANT to go to that area and explore it, not just ignore it.
I will try to write something simple and post here again… Maybe it will be nice to hear from the GMs or even one of the developers what they will do with all these good ideas.
Really hope the game changes for the better, it would be a shame if the game closes to quickly…

I agree with everything. I wish I can like this post 100x
I’d like to add this.
Make a challenging large raid dungeon where more than 20 players can participate. This kind of dungeon will encourage players to play with everyone. And of course the bosses should be strong enough to wipe us. This kind of dungeon will make us think of a strategy on how to finish it rather than mindlessly spamming our skills. and the reset should be once a week. this is only my idea…its ok if you’re not going to agree with me sry for my bad english

I think the core of game-play is likely there, but base on what developers can do without tweak so much, here are my 2 cents:

1. Eliminate Circle2, Circle3 by Job Advancement, Instead make it auto advance. For example, Wizard->Pyro->Linker, at rank 3, I’m a Wizard C3, Pyro C2, and Linker C1, the 15 skill points is what we should consider how to distribute among these 3 classes. This will allow more builds with cross-classes skill customization in same rank without have to remake so many characters, and more customs to wear! This make much more senses for the core design of the game.
    *If peoples made mistakes, it probably minor impact with just buy skil reset scroll, with current meta, players have to remake and go all the tough ways!

2. Return the /gg emoticons in RO and make the emotions/actions more alive, with effect and face expression.

3. More character customization, skin color / hair color.

4. Random super boss or event on open map to unite peoples occasionally, this is what I like D3 elites /GW2 random event, you never expect whats coming during a journey. This make more funs. When solved them, we will earn token which we can exchange equipment. Random super boss should make peoples kiss floor with no mercy, like Darklord.

5. Player basic profile, this is what I think current MMORPG is lacking. You right click a players, and you can hv “view profile” option to know the gender, country and age (optional), it make sense for honestly, faster forming a friendship instead of so many guesses and doubts.
    I remember RO old golden times, we used to ask A/S/L and 90% and female characters are indeed played by female players, this is what actually balance the environment of the game.

6. Boss difficulty, i think quest bosses are fine, it shouldn’t become a reason to stuck below average players, but Main Quest, Dungeon should be more tricky and challenge.

7. Dungeon difficulty, 50->Easy mode, 60->Moderate mode, 70->Difficult mode. Well, it is a cheap design indeed, but still it is better way for peoples to level up in party than squeezing/ksing in open map. At the same time, i hope more different dungeon in different level, 50,60,70,80 etc.

8. Crafting, 100% map exploration, achievement, to provide more exp.

I’m software engineering myself, and I’m understand coding reuseability, maintainability, and sustainability. Hence, making more useless maps like RO is not optimize way. Instead, making more contents on what has developed, eg: each map add random events to give more exp.

1 Like

Maybe it’s only me but if they can still change things I suggest.

1. Adopt the rebirth system (level reset) similar with RO after 6th rank. Max level around 150. You need to rebirth/reset to take 7th rank. After reset you will be back to level 1 but will have few extra stat points maybe around 50. You need to level up again to 100 while going to next rank. Exp table is also a little higher.

For me the 600 level although not yet implemented is ridiculous even for mix questing and grinding and will be harder to balance later in a lot of area. If you end up wanting to remake a character catching up will take tons of time not to mention the currently very very boring linear system. Also with the current system we tend to visit each map for a day or less then forget about it. If they will implement a rebirth system balancing the game will be way easier to balance, equipment will have better use and it will be easy to recycle those maps for players and since they have to rescale the current map design to distribute it to 150 levels there will be more monsters to choose from to grind. Though 99% chance they won’t do I believe it’s way better than the current system where the dev thinks that forever PVM grinding is fun. Ofcourse they can implement a few map that only rebirth player can visit for questing same with few equipments that only rank 7 can use.

1. Improve the Bosses and add actual strategies on killing it where some classes skill can be utilized well. Why the heck is this game adopting the new generation of game system against bosses of simple hit evade hit evade system, I don’t know if you are even doing any strategy in killing bosses, in some classes the only difficulty is getting boss hp down because the def and HP is too high for them, other than that it’s plain boring. Making the boss have high HP or defense do not make the boss killing challenging at all. I am not saying make every bosses but at least some bosses in side quest.

Reset system are one of the worst design decisions ever made. This add little to the gameplay other than a very boring “re up”, wich in case of ToS would be horrendous, since ToS don’t have any incentive to go beyond maps of your level. So you are stronger, but you will still going though the same map (and now without the story quests to help the advancement). Leave this crap system to MU Online please.

1 Like

This is stupid.The reason why RO has a rebirth is because of lack of content. They made it so people could grind again in the same areas that you’ve been before.

On topic:
Your ideas are great but the game has been made already and i doubt that they would make huge changes because of a topic in the forunms.

1 Like

I agree with most of the opinions that OP posted here.
Especially on how monsters should be tougher and worth more exp each monster.
There is a lack of community interaction in the game.
I think it would be good if the game force players to interact with one another.
Perhaps monsters which players constantly face should be always 20 to 30 levels higher than players so that players actually have to come together as a party to defeat them. DPS, tank, healer or buff support roles will become more defined instead. Right now, I am not seeing much of such roles at the moment. Most players are just aiming for good DPS or AOE to level up.

Fighting tough monsters can be a steep learning curve for new players and this can be reduced with helpful tutorials and help from the community.
Looking at how this game is being designed, it is more suited to players who enjoy grinding little by little, day by day.Old school RPG grind style. If that’s the direction this game is going, I am probably staying away.

Gotta disagree on the 2 points at the beginning:

1. Make the main storyline very high level.
    Making a high level story requires a good writer which equates to royalty. Translating it into all the languages you want without losing it’s flavor is a ton of work. As it is the English in the game is acceptable for me because I know it is a grind quest.
  2. Make the main story more of a ‘mystery’
    Mystery always = hard. All mystery and easter eggs perish in the face of google and youtube. Just like students referring to the answer page at the back of the workbook.

I agree with most of the points on each wall of text in this forum. Here are my opinions regarding the game:

1. The skills: As far as I know, the skills in this game are flat damage skills. None of them are %stat based. I really dislike how you have to buy attributes to add 1% more damage on your skills. I think all the skills should have a lower base damage but with a reasonable amount of %stat. This limits the stat builds of classes since there is no real advantage in getting more base damage as it doesn’t reflect on any of your attacks. My archers and mages are full SPR, even my WARRIOR is building mostly SPR. That being said, the attributes system needs to be reworked. I fully support the OPs idea of having different attributes that gives different upgrades to the skill. (Only have a certain number of “attribute” points so that you can’t infinitely upgrade your skills.)

2. The bosses: I really hate the bosses in this game, you don’t feel like you’ve beaten a boss after you kill one, especially those bosses that don’t move. As someone said above, the bosses are really easy and takes almost no effort to kill. I almost fell asleep trying to kill a stationary boss at level 70. I had to suicide myself to keep myself awake. That aside, each boss should be unique. However, with the current questing system, that’ll be quite hard to implement so I suggest that there only be a mid and end boss in each area or quest line.

3. The quests: I like what the OP said, but I strongly encourage there be a frequent stream of quests until around level 50. This way, new players won’t be deterred by not having anything to do early in the game. That being said, the way that the quests should be implemented is that they get fewer and fewer quests as they level, and by the time they get to level 50, there wouldn’t be any “main” quests. This should encourage the players to start exploring the world. victor_sants’ idea of there being arcs is a really good idea too, with that idea the point below would benefit a lot as they can just be put in at the end of an arc. It’d be like going through a series of quests to get to the boss, and when you do, you have to go through the boss dungeon and beat the boss to conclude that arc.

4. Community interaction: As the OP said, there really isn’t any benefit in partying with others as you progress through the game as you can solo to high levels. This can be fixed by implementing dungeons/raids/party quests/etc… These should be interesting, challenging and rewarding, making players want to complete them. These should be scattered throughout the game and at various levels such that players can do them at whichever level. Now, I’m not too big a fan of running around the world to discover a few new things, so I think we can sacrifice a few maps to make these dungeons, or they can be created using the “dead space” in maps. In terms of the content in the dungeons, they should be specific to an area. I’m going to refer to Blade and Soul as an example; in BnS, there were dungeons at certain levels that you could do to farm equips. In BnS, dungeons were the only thing that you could do to get a decent weapon, but they were challenging to do and involved a lot of coordination from the party members, an area where this game lacks greatly. The monsters in those dungeons were unique and each had a theme. As you progressed through the dungeon, you’d meet bosses which were challenging and at the final boss, it’d be impossible to solo (unless you were funded, but that’s not the point). I feel like the implementation of dungeons at different areas would greatly increase player interaction and motivation to explore different areas.

5. Character Customization: Pretty simple, need more variety. Hair color, eye color, face design, etc… Everyone looks the same.

6. Items: Item stats need to vary if they’re dropped from monsters. I support victor_sant in saying that item tiers in this game are a bad idea and OP saying that item levels are limited. Each area or dungeon should drop different items each with different stats. Items crafted from recipes should all have the same stats.

I know my ideas aren’t consistent with each other, but that’s because I don’t expect the staff to implement drastic change.

3 Likes

I like your idea, how about, exp from supporting others, exp bonus of partying?

• EXP from supporting other came from the time I run my private RO and I found it really interesting if we don’t want support class like MOBA support heroes. This also encourage people to go more into support intensive and also encourage team play.
  • Partying bonus, this should help people to interact with each other. That’s should be thing MMO after.

As I’m MMO guys who focus more on economy than game itself, I’d like to add more thing on crafting:

• I think crafting weapon should be class specific role like RO’s Blacksmith or Alchemist. This will encourage economy and create value along with its supply chain.
  • The component could be rare and hard-acquired, but not all of them. There should always be the low level component in large quantity. This will distribute income for those in low level. It’s also work really well with prior suggestion.
  • Special Potion crafting - like RO’s Alchemist.
  • Optional ingredients - why we need to stick with the recipe? Recipe should accounted for the ‘main ingredient’ like you will need egg in order to make omelet. The optional ingredients are like spices. These ingredient/component will have distinctive effect on finished item. And there’s no need to think of each one specifically, you can assign item table with kind of number and use a some equation to determine the type of result and how much increase/decrease.
    This will encourage support class, economic activity, Value Added along supply chain and people could come up with specific secret recipe they research for their business!

Hope you guys, especially, IMC, read through.