Tree of Savior Forum

Xan's Class/Spec Guide

#Xan’s Class/Spec Guide!

Hello and welcome to my class and specialization guide!

This guide is intended to help new players decide on a class based on elaborate breakdowns of all of their choices and a list of the most typically viable meta (and slightly off-meta) builds.

That being prefaced, I would like to very clearly state not every build will be listed in this guide. This guide will most definitely miss some viable off-meta builds and truthfully not every meta build is even all that great; I’ll elaborate on that later on.

Also if I do forget some builds from this list you feel should be on here please do leave the build as a reply to this guide and list a few comprehensive reasons why you believe it should make the list and I will review it and add it if I find it to be reasonable.

This guide will also offer you information on when it is and isn’t a good idea to follow the meta (ie. When not to take Peltasta or Cleric2, despite both of them typically being preferred by many players).

Lets get to it shall we!?

###NOTE/DISCLAIMER:

I do intend to be as objective based as possible and remove all bias from my class and build analysis for the sake of this guide. That being said, some preference and bias may apply to the information below.

#Index

###1. Introduction/Disclaimer

###2. Choosing A Class

###3. The Meta; When To & When Not To

###4. Swordsman
Second Post

###5. Archer
Third Post

###6. Wizard
Fourth Post

###7. Cleric
Fifth Post

#1. Introduction/Disclaimer

Hello and thanks for your interest in yet another one of my fancy posts!

I don’t normally get personal in my posts or guides but when posting something as major as this I do feel I need to give some background and preface a little, so you guys get an idea of who you’re taking advice from.
Warning! The following may come off as bragging or shenanigans. There’s a good chance most of you don’t care for an “about the author” but for any who might, like I said, I just want to give a bit of background.
I’m 25 years old, and have been playing competitive online video games for over half of my life. I was leading a 40 man raiding guild in WoW and obtaining world rank boss kills when I was 15 years old. Since then I have played countless games, topping charts, leading high ranked guilds, etc. I was also a small time professional gamer for a few years around age 18. I got into the theory and number crunching behind video games around age 20. I enjoy figuring out how to be the absolute best I can be.

Alright! Now for the “Disclaimer” bit.

I realize not everyone is a super try-hard like myself. That’s why this guide is going to try to cover all bases for all types of players. It will go into quite a bit of math and theory at times but will also provide clear reasons why X is better than Y that anyone can understand and agree with.
Another point I would like to give a little disclaimer to is the fact that I realize playstyle and preference do come into play occasionally. At least once or twice during this guide I’m going to say something like “Spirit is useless.” where as that’s true for everyone except some select Cleric builds, someone is bound to get upset at that statement. I realize you like your big pool and your sp regen, but it’s not a mathematically sound decision.
I do not intend to tell anyone how to play. This guide is here for your benefit, use it or not, please don’t bash it, instead give constructive feedback!

#2. Choosing A Class

Choosing what class is right for you can either be the easiest or most difficult part of the game depending on you, the player!

A lot of people tend to gravitate towards one or two classes based on personal preference and playstyle. With there only being four basic choices; Swordsman, for the melee player. Archer, for the ranged player. Wizard, for the Harrys and Hermoines. And Cleric, for the girlfriends. (JK my girlfriend plays a mean Swordsman)
Typically of those four choices people already have a general idea of what they wish to play.

That being said I’m here to offer a little bit more insight on each class.

Now, for specific information on each class you’re going to want to refer to each class section of this guide. This section is primarily for new players.

The Swordsman Class is extremely strong in the beginning of the game, from roughly level 1 to approximately level 100, regardless of gear and spec, at first glance, they feel like the strongest class to a new player.
Despite that, those levels do not last very long and once out of them Swordsman begins to be arguably the most gear-dependant class in the game.
It is believed by a disturbing amount of the population that the Swordsman class is currently not a competitive damage dealing class for lategame content. It is believed they cannot compete whatsoever with the Archer and Wizard class.
Where as I understand where these arguments are coming from, since the Swordsman class has equal parts DPS, Duelist, and Tank trees, it has less options for DPS builds. However, I actually believe Swordsmans are easily capable of competing with Archers and Wizards as long as they’ve got the build and gear to do so.
It is also able to be build extremely well in PvP, due to it’s naturally large health pool, unique utility/control and ability to deal burst damage, whether you go full CON build or none, you’ll still have a relatively large health pool.

The Archer Class is a powerful well-balanced ranged attacker capable of massive single target and AoE damage, some times even in the same build due to the versatility of it’s rank choices.
Similarly to Swordsman the difficulty of the game in general changes greatly based on your gear. Granted I do realize this can be said about all classes, I do believe the physical damage dealers such as Archer and Swordsman do have it the worst as they have 3 stats (Str/Dex/Con) to balance rather than two like Cleric and Wizard.
The Archer Class is currently capable of being the strongest single target damage class in the game. Meanwhile they’re also capable of competing with Swordsman and Wizard classes at potential AoE damage.
Archers have several options when it comes to survivability stats. They have the highest passive Evasion rate of all classes and tend to wear leather, giving them a relatively large edge against incoming physical damage. A well-rounded archer can dodge upwards of 80-85% of incoming physical attacks. Archers also don’t have a hard time acquiring a decent sized health pool. While their base health and CON scaling are significantly lower than the Swordsman class, between putting a minimum of 10-20% of their stats into CON and/or picking one of the mounted classes for the defensive stat bonuses, they can easily obtain an acceptable amount of health.
This being said, archers are naturally weak to incoming magic damage and there’s very litte you can do to counter this. Most archer builds simply approach magic users with a “Kill him before he kills me.” strategy.

The Wizard Class is your standard glass cannon class. While it’s single target damage isn’t typically as strong as an Archer’s, it does have the potential to be nearly as high and tends to destroy most Archer and Swordsman builds in AoE damage, though as mentioned above, is not necessarily always the case.
Wizards are much less gear dependant than Archers and Swordsmen. While they still scale linearly to magic attack and they have a large amount of multi-hit abilities that make great use of high MAtk, not having to balance Attack and Crit, since magic cannot crit, allows them to hit their damage cieling much more easily than the Archer and Swordsman classes.
Due to Wizards natural low health and the relatively poor scaling on the INT stat, as it only gives a single MAtk point, Wizards are faced with the difficult task of balancing INT and CON. Where as yes, INT truly is a bad scaling stat in general, as mentioned above most Wizard specs have a large amount of multi-hit abilities, which benefit a good amount from every single MAtk point you can manage to pick up. However if you do not spend typically 20-50% of your points in CON you will most definitely have survivability issues.
Wizards have the lowest base survivability in the game. They have a minor edge versus magic damage from wearing cloth and a slight MDef increase class passive, they cannot reliable dodge or block or essentially evade damage as reliably as any of the other classes. Wizards absolutely need to balance their offensive and defensive stats or their damage will suffer one way or the other.
On top of competitive single target and AoE damage, Wizards are capable of extremely powerful control and buff/debuff builds that are vital in almost any group.

The Cleric Class is your (fairly) standard healer class. Although some very strong Cleric damage builds are available, and Clerics make one of the absolute best duelist (1v1/2v2 PvP) classes, they are typically always viewed as healers and expected to do the role of healing unless explained or agreed upon prior to joining a group.
Clerics tend to struggle with early levels, some builds more than others, assuming you’re building a Cleric for the sole purpose of healing and supporting groups, the first 100-200 levels may tend to be fairly difficult.
They are also the hardest class to actually define their gear requirements. A full support Cleric tends to be the absolute easiest class to gear and scales very poorly to every stat except SPR and/or CON. Where as other builds actually do hybrid INT and SPR stats to make their build flourish, which does require a good amount of gear and min/maxing. However, to put it simply, gearing a Cleric tends to be very easy and they tend to be the least gear-dependant class in the game.
That being prefaced, Clerics are capable of extreme strength in all senses of the word. They are able to become unkillable tank machines (for the purpose of PvP, they cannot taunt or hold threat), deal great amounts of damage (relative, they’ll likely never be as strong as the other classes can be but make amazing hybrids), and obviously, can dish out insane amounts of healing and give invaluable buffs.
Clerics are a necessity when it comes to PvP and truthfully it feels like you can never have too many of them. Granted yes, without appropriate ranged damage and a bit of a front line you will lose, Clerics are a phenomonal PvP class that is often difficult to counter.

I hope these brief descriptions have helped you in some way on deciding which class appeals to you. Remember, these are somewhat vague descriptions compared to the detail we’ll go into below so I do recommend reading further into the class(es) which interest you.

#3. The Meta; When To & When Not To

So this section could refer to a lot of things. There are a lot of well-known meta builds rolling around that are good for all intents and purposes, however, are not always necessarily the right choice depending on what exactly you hope to do with your character.

For example, Archer2/Quarrel Shooter3/Scout/Musketeer is considered one of the best Archer small-scale-PvP (1v1/2v2/5v5) builds. However, it is just as viable to replace Quarrel Shooter3 with either Ranger3, for Steady Aim for guarenteeing those massive crits, or Hunter3, for the utility and control to stun a player or drag them out of their Safety Zone and pin them there before bursting them down with your Musketeer skills.

Another different type of example would be that Swordsmen are typically expected (by a disturbingly large amount of people, honestly) to have Peltasta1 for the convenience of taunt in leveling groups. Similarly, Clerics are expected to go Cleric2 for the increase of heal tiles in order to heal in groups.
While both of these examples do have some merit to them, not all Swordsmen builds should have Peltasta and not all Cleric builds should have Cleric2. If you’re making a Doppelsouldner for Earth Tower and/or PvP, you may likely decide to not go Peltasta. Similarly a lot of Corsair builds do not take Peltasta either in hopes of future buffs to Gung Ho and/or Concentrate.
Similarly to Swordsmen, not all Cleric builds take Cleric2. If you are making a Hybrid Cleric to be the SECOND cleric in your ET group, or if you’d rather be a front-line Monk, or a single-target Krivis/Sadhu/Druid, you may decide against Cleric2.

Despite this, metas are metas for a reason. Most Cleric builds should have Cleric2. Any Swordsman build does better with Peltasta FOR LEVELING (The obvious problem with this statement being that the game isn’t necessarily about leveling, even though it feels like it some times).

However when it comes to PvP builds, theorycrafting/testing, or simply playing what you think you’ll enjoy, nobody can or should tell you what class(es) to play.
PvP is so broad that almost any spec is good at something so long as the build has some sort of synergy with itself.

If you want to go X build but the public says Y build is better, unless they can give a solid argument as to why it’s better for what you want the character to do, play what you want to play.

Disclaimer: If you wish to make a competitive PvE character (Earth Tower, World Boss, etc.) it is important to make sure your build is built to maximize your dps, or finding a group may be very difficult, however you should still free to play the PvE spec you enjoy most.
*Disclaimer Example: While Fletchers are typically considered the best World Boss spec, you could potentially make a Quarrel Shooter World Boss spec if you enjoy it more, but you still need to ensure your build is somewhat cookie cutter for PvE DPS purposes.

Specific class guides below! Enjoy!

10 Likes

#4. Swordsman

#Index

###A. Introduction

###B. Damage Dealing

###C. Tanking

###D. Viable Build List

#A. Introduction

The Swordsman class is the melee class capable of being built primarily as a tank or damage dealer. Swordsman are currently incapable of healing whatsoever, themselves or others, but do have several semi-support-type abilities and attributes. With the introduction of Lancer and Dragoon2 when Rank 8 is released, more Swordsman support builds will become viable.
Swordsmen make use of the Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX), and Constitution (CON) stats. Where as they can utilize Spirit (SPR) any maximized build will skip over it and simply use Spell Point (SP) potions as needed.
They wield one-handed swords, daggers, and shields. Certain Swordsmen builds can learn attributes to wield one-handed spears, two-handed spears, two-handed swords, and pistols.

The Swordsman class is the only class that can run faster by double tapping a directional key at the cost of Stamina, making them the fastest moving class in the game.
Swordsmen are capable of riding mounts if they go Cataphract or Lancer when it is released. Cataphract being the absolute fastest class in the game via the Trot ability.

All classes are capable of wearing all types of armor, cloth, leather, and plate, however the Swordsman class is the only one who can viably use any of the three well depending on their build.

Swordsmen have a max health modifier of 3.3, the highest. The max
health formula is: Health = (85CON + 17Modifier*(Level-1))

Swordsmen have a base buff limit of 7.

Swordsmen have a base AoE Attack Ratio of 4.

Swordsmen gain the following passive bonuses:

(Level/4) Physical Defense
(*2) Block

Relevant Swordsman Secondary Stats:

HP
Physical Attack
Secondary Physical Attack*
AoE Attack Ratio
Accuracy**
Block Penetration**
Critical Attack
Critical Rate
Physical Defense***
Magic Defense***
AoE Defense Ratio****
Evasion
Block
Critical Resistance****

*Secondary Physical Attack is only relevant to dual wielding builds, typically but not necessarily restricted to Corsair.

**Accuracy and Block Penetration are fairly useless or have no reliable value in PvE, however are arguably the most important PvP stats.

***Physical Defense and Magic Defense are typically bad stats, especially in PvE, due to the inability to stack them to the numbers needed in order for them to matter. However in PvP or when talking about +15 accessories and chest and legs, it may be possible to get these stats high enough to become extremely strong.

****AoE Defense Ratio and Critical Resistance are the defensive equivilant to Accuracy and Block Penetration. They’ve got minimal if any value in PvE, however are arguably the most important defensive PvP stats.

#B. Damage Dealing

Dealing damage as a Swordsman is situational in nature, which is what makes the public believe it is bad. The truth is with the slash, pierce, and strike mechanics, Swordsmen are either the best damage dealers or the worst based entirely on what they are fighting.
Slash attacks are strong (+50% damage) versus cloth wearers, weak (-50% damage) versus plate wearers, and unchanged versus leather wearers.
Pierce attacks are strong versus leather wearers, weak versus cloth wearers, and unchanged versus plate wearers.
Strike attacks are strong versus plate wearers, weak versus leather wearers, and unchanged versus cloth wearers.
This makes Swordsmen one of the most difficult classes to play well as it has no reliable ability rotation as it changes entirely based on what you’re fighting.
This is also why, due to it’s lack of Strike attacks in any tree, Swordsmen will always struggle versus any plate target.

Swordsmen can currently choose to build their class around the use of a spear (primarily pierce damage) or the use of a sword (primarily slash damage).
The Swordsman tank classes tend to have a lot of shield-based (primarily strike damage) attacks. There is a lot of discussion as to whether or not some tank-based damage builds are viable but none have really been confirmed for PvE as of yet.

For these purposes and the simple fact that Swordsmen Rank 1 has Thrust, a spammable Pierce attack, it is believed that the best PvE DPS builds currently revolve around using a sword.
That being said, there are also pros to wielding a spear. The seeming majority of monsters in the game are leather, the spears currently available in the game are almost all better than the swords, and if it includes Hoplite it gets a good amount of “free” critical rate.
However, spear’s primary drawback is it’s lack of variety in damage types.

Approximate Stat Priority (Explained):

Health (CON) is your most important stat, until a number you are comfortable with. While Swordsmen can get away with no CON due to their naturally high health pool, some is still recommended.

Physical Attack (STR) will produce the most damage output increase point for point early into the game or while wearing low level or mediocre weapons. However, Physical Damage does get weaker, point for point, with the more of it you get.
An example to support this is: If you have 10 physical attack and you gain 1 physical attack, you’ve increased your physical attack by 10%. If you have 100 physical attack and gain another point, you’ll gain a 1% damage increase. If you have 1000 physical attack and gain that same single point, you will only gain a 0.1% damage increase.

Critical Rate (DEX) is the chance that you will critically hit. A critical hit is a damage multiplier of +50% based on your current physical damage (and ability damage, additive). This means beyond a certain point of Physical Attack, likely obtainable strictly through gear, critical rate becomes the best dps stat for Swordsmen.
Granted, similarly to Physical Attack “soft cap” being easily obtainable via a strong/enhanced weapon, technically you can get very close to soft crit cap through green gems and gear. That being said, obtaining gems higher than level 6 or 7 max is quite unlikely and impractical at the moment.

Physical Attack (STR) becomes stronger than Critical Rate (DEX) again once obtaining a soft crit cap.

Critical Attack (STR)* is a non-reliable stat that you should not try to stack or base your build around, however, the amount you get through gear and strength simply while going for other stats, often adds up and becomes a significant addition to your dps.

AoE Attack Ratio is another non-reliable stat that most any build should not be based around per se, however, it is potentially the strongest damage stat obtainable once a good amount of base stats have been achieved. AoE Attack Ratio is considered unreliable because it is made unnecessary by Falconers, Linkers, and/or made irrelevant based on your build.

*Critical Attack is arguably stronger than Physical Attack for Two-handed Sword wielding Highlanders, as they get a passive bonus +50% Critical Attack and Critical Attack ignores enemy defenses. This is only if the Highlander has approximately an 80%+ chance to crit.

Approximate Stat Priority (Numbers):

Health (CON) to 18,000 ~ 25,000 >

Physical Attack (STR) to 800 >

Critical Rate (DEX) to ~500 self-buffed, +/- 50 >

Physical Attack >

Critical Attack >

AoE Attack Ratio (SITUATIONAL, READ EXPLANATION ABOVE)

#C. Tanking

Tanking is a role currently restricted to the Swordsman class.
Unlike in most MMOs, tanks are arguably more useful in PvP than they are in PvE. This is not due to the class or spec’s strength or ability to tank but rather due to all current difficult content being restricted to five players. While bringing a tank would make things smoother and more controlled, it would lower the group’s damage potential.
Also unlike in most MMOs, tanks are able to be built extremely offensively in Tree of Savior if so desired. The Peltasta and Rodelero trees are arguably the best damage trees in the game for versus plate armor targets due to their large amount of Strike type abilities.
This being said, even if you decide to try to make an offensive tank build, you will want a large amount of health as you will be expected to tank in groups.

The two primary tank trees currently include Peltasta and Rodelero. However, other trees currently in the game can also be used well when mixed with one or both of the aforementioned trees. Fencer for it’s high evasion rate makes for an even stronger physical damage tank, Hoplite with it’s defensive buffs and abilities also compliment Peltasta and/or Rodelero, and lastly Cataphract primarily due to it’s ability to mount for additional defensive stats.
Murmillo is an additional tank class we will be seeing at Rank 8, and Lancer which also comes at Rank 8 can definitely be used less as a “tank” and more as a frontline PvP class, and therefore will need somewhat of a tank aspect to it for survivability.

When it comes to PvE tanking, CON is the only stat worth considering, as it governs health, critical resistance, and block. Tanks can be built as a CON/DEX hybrid if they include Fencer or are being built for PvP, however in most any situation, despite diminishing returns, CON will always be the best stat for tanks.

Approximate Stat Priority, excluding CON (Explained):

AoE Defense Ratio, though situational, is the absolute best stat you can get for better protecting your group in both PvE and PvP. Though a good amount of health and other base stats are necessary before aiming for AoE Defense Ratio, those stats can be reached fairly easily before even considering gear.

Block is the best and most reliable mitigation stat for any tank with a good amount of CON.

Evasion is situational but can greatly accompany block to make a tank seemingly invinsible to physical damage. However in order to stack both evasion and block you are likely giving up stats that will help defend against magic users. Be sure to make the correct stat balance.

HP, because more is better, especially since all non-potion healing is percentage-based.

Property Resistance, also situational, affects incoming damage of both magic and physical damage of a certain type. It is easier to stack than magic or physical defense, however you usually need to specialize in a resistance type or two, which is what makes it situational.
Dark, Poison, Earth, Lightning, and Fire tend to be the best PvE resistances. Poison, Dark, Holy, Lightning, and Ice tend to be the best PvP resistances. Also typically in that order but obviously not necessarily.

Accuracy is typically only needed in PvP and will only help so much versus dex-stacking players, however in PvP is it a tank’s best offensive stat.

Block Penetration is similar to accuracy. If you’ve no strength it will only help so much, but it will help in PvP nonetheless.

Refer to Damage Dealing Stat Priority for additional stat priorities.

#D. Viable Build List

The “Swordair” or “Swordnobi” is an auto-attack based build that works primarily around Double Weapon Assault and Bunshin No Jutsu. However it does still have a good amount of strength through abilities and while auto-attacking without DWA.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / X / Barbarian2 / Corsair2 / Shinobi

Where X can be Swordsman2, Highlander1, Peltasta1; each being viable for different reasons.

The “Corspear” is an auto-attack build similar to the “Swordair” but uses, you guessed it, a spear mainhand instead of a sword. This build currently beats the “Swordair” in stand-still dps primarily due to the great spears available in the game compared to the mediocre swords currently available. That being said, this could easily change in the future.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / X / Hoplite2 / Corsair2 / Y

Where X can be Swordsman2, Highlander1, Peltasta1; each being viable for different reasons.

Where Y can be Dragoon or Shinobi; Dragoon being the slightly more reliable option where as Shinobi is the “higher cieling” option.

The “Doppel2”, perhaps one of the strongest burst AoE specs in the game. Though it lacks sustained due to it’s long cooldowns, this build is capable of putting out more AoE damage than Broom Trap, Throw Gu Pot, or even Frost Cloud for it’s AoE duration(s).

Build Core: Swordsman1 / X / Y / Barbarian2 / Doppelsoeldner2

Where X can be Swordsman2 or Highlander1.

Where Y can be Swordsman3, Highlander2, or Barbarian1 (3).

The “PvP Cata” is a mounted AoE damage/control build. It is strictly meant for PvP as the combination of Restrain and Rush are extremely deadly. The build also makes a fantastic farming character since movement speed is often one of the most important farming stats. Despite this build not actually being a tank it is a frontline PvPer and therefore relies on a large amount of Dex and/or Con.

Build Core: Swordsman3 / Cataphract3 / X

Where X can be Dragoon or Peltasta.*

*NOTE: This build CURRENTLY thrives with Dragoon, however with the release of Lancer at Rank 8 Peltasta may be the better option simply for the additional frontline defensive stats.

The “Cataroon” is your standard Cataphract build, a great hybrid for the player who enjoys mounted PvE content. Though it’s damage currently does not scale as well as other specs, it is a great farming class that can still dish out a fair amount of damage, both AoE and single target.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / X / Hopliter1 / Cataphract3 / Dragoon

Where X can be Peltasta1 or Swordsman2.

The “Catamaster” is one of two viable Templar builds. This build is faster to level and gives you a character viable to farm on.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / X / Hoplite1 / Cataphract3 / Templar

Where X can be Peltasta1 or Swordsman2.

The “Hoplite DPS” is built entirely around Finestra. It is an absolutely fantastic damage build for both single target and AoE for cheap or broke players, or alts you still want to do a good amount of damage on without investing money into. The problem with this spec/build is that it is easily made moot with a couple level 7+ green gems.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / X / Hoplite3 / Doppelsoeldner1 / Dragoon1

Where X can be Peltasta1, Swordsman2, or Highlander1.

The “Fencer DPS” is a fighter-type damage dealer, great for soloing, dps tanking, and PvP. The build will not compete at all in AoE but played well can actually do a good amount of single target damage. This build requires a large amount of gear and skill to play well.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / X / Barbarian3 / Fencer2

Where X can be Swordsman2, Peltasta1, or Highlander1.

The “Fencer Tank” is the ultimate physical damage tank. While stacking both block and evasion it can make it so as little as 4% of physical attacks actually land in most any PvE situation, WITHOUT active-blocking. This build is also capable of dealing large situational damage based on ability cooldowns, stat allocation, and gear.

Build Core: Too situational to list.

The “Full Tank” is your standard full tank spec. Though Rodelero does not necessarily add any survivability versus physical attacks, the situational use of Slithering makes it absolutely amazing. This build is primarily a defensive build while being able to tank on a cooldown-based full strike assault for massive damage versus plate targets.

Build Core: Too situational to list.

The “Money Tank” is a money-making tank build. It is technically capable of the largest health pool for the Swordsman class due to Squire food buffs. You could even argue this is the ‘Full Tank’ build, though it has little to no situational offensive use. This is the “Taunt and hold block button” class.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / Peltasta3 / Squire3

The “Guild Tank” is a Templar build attempting to make itself useful outside of being a Templar. While it can still make money in town and is essentially a full tank, or at least has the tank-class minimum requirements, it makes for a good Templar option.

Build Core: Swordsman1 / Peltasta3 / Squire2 / Templar1

3 Likes

#5. Archer

#Index

###A. Introduction

###B. Roles

###C. Stat Priorities

###D. Viable Build List

#A. Introduction

The Archer class is the ranged physical class. It is capable of being built as single target dps, aoe dps, burst damage, sustained damage, damage over time; essentially any type of damage dealing type. They also tend to make the best hybrid damage classes where as Swordsman, Wizard, and Cleric lack synergy between most builds forcing them to choose either single target or AoE.
Archers make use of the Strength (STR), Dexterity (DEX), and Constitution (CON) stats. Where as they can utilize Spirit (SPR) any maximized build will skip over it and simply get use Spell Point (SP) potions as needed.
They wield bows, crossbows (one-handed), daggers, pistols, and shields. Certain Archer builds can learn attributes to wield Muskets and Cannons.

Archers are typically best off wearing leather, due to their passively higher evasion*, allowing for strong evasion builds. However, there are certain cloth and plate sets that also work well on Archers.

Archers has a max health modifier of 1.4, the second lowest. The max health formula is: Health = (85CON + 17Modifier*(Level-1))

Archers have a base buff limit of 5.

Archers have a base AoE Attack Ratio of 0.

*Archers gain the following passive bonuses:

(Level/5) Critical Rate
(Level/8) Evasion
((Level+4)/4) Accuracy

Relevant Archer Secondary Stats:

HP
Physical Attack
Secondary Physical Attack*
AoE Attack Ratio
Accuracy**
Block Penetration**
Critical Attack
Critical Rate
Physical Defense***
Magic Defense***
AoE Defense Ratio****
Evasion
Block*****
Critical Resistance****

*Secondary Physical Attack is only relevant to dual wielding builds, typically but not necessarily restricted to Schwarzer Reiter, Rogue, and Hackapell.

**Accuracy and Block Penetration are fairly useless or have no reliable value in PvE, however are arguably the most important PvP stats.

***Physical Defense and Magic Defense are typically bad stats, especially in PvE, due to the inability to stack them to the numbers needed in order for them to matter. However in PvP or when talking about +15 accessories and chest and legs, it may be possible to get these stats high enough to become extremely strong.

****AoE Defense Ratio and Critical Resistance are the defensive equivilant to Accuracy and Block Penetration. They’ve got minimal if any value in PvE, however are arguably the most important defensive PvP stats.

*****Block is fairly useless to Archers in general but some builds could viably stack CON and block and utilize them very well.

#B. Roles

Archers only have one primary role in the standard “Holy Trinity” of MMORPG roles, damage dealing. However, Tree of Savior with it’s vast amount of classes and available builds breaks damage dealing down into different roles and builds. Archers are capable of being a DOT (Damage Over Time; bleeds, poisons, etc.) damage class, AOE (Area Of Effect or multi-target) damage class, single target damage class, sustained damage class, and/or burst damage class.
Because of this, you have to be careful when building an archer, because while hybrids are viable, due to the current endgame content, you’re going to want to make sure your build is the best at one thing instead of mediocre at multiple things. Of course, if you’re a strictly single target class, for example, you can still pick up and AoE ability or two, so long as it doesn’t directly negatively affect your ability to do single target damage.

While Archer’s “Missile” damage does not have such a drastic +/- damage system as the slash/pierce/strike system or element system other classes have to play around, it does have an arguably worse size-based damage reduction system.
Small monsters take 100% damage from missile attacks.
Medium monsters take 90% damage from missile attacks.
Large monsters take 85% damage from missile attacks.
Extra-Large monsters take 85% damage from missile attacks.
This simply means that archers are technically set up to be the worst boss class.
For example, compared side-by-side to a Dragoon who gets the passive “Big Game Hunter” which makes him do increased damage to L/XL size monsters and bosses, on a leather-wearing boss, which takes increased damage from pierce (spears/the Dragoon), the Dragoon would likely deal double the Archer’s damage, assuming equal gear and skill.
However, if these same two players were to go up against a cloth-wearing boss, which is strong against pierce attacks, the Archer would likely double the Dragoon’s damage.
Despite not having increased damage on any type of target with missile attacks, Archer’s high base damage and lack of major target-based repercussions makes them the most reliable damage dealer in the game, with Swordsmen and Wizards being situationally better.

All Archers get a +100% damage to flying monsters at rank 1 through an attribute learned from the Archer Trainer, while using a two-handed bow. This means despite any possible better crossbow+sub-weapon combination an Archer may have, they will always have to carry a two-handed bow and make use of the Weapon Swap feature in order to maximize their damage.

Archers can currently be built to utilize a Crossbow+Dagger, Crossbow+Pistol, Crossbow+Cannon, Crossbow+Shield, or Musket. Currently, aside from swapping for flying monsters for reasons mentioned above, no Archer build thrives off of the use of a two-handed bow as their primary weapon type. However, with the introduction of Mergen at Rank 8, this may change.

Despite not having any base tank qualities or any real tank trees, aside from their passive evasion bonus, Archers can be built very defensively for PvP purposes. Some Archer specs such as Musketeer and Cannoneer due to it’s extremely high base damage on the abilities allow for stats to easily be spent outside of strength, allowing for a somewhat tanky Archer. Similarly, due to their utility, the Sapper and Rogue trees can viably be built tanky for PvP as well. This being said, “tank” Archers are for PvP only and very gimmicky.

#c. Stat Priorities

####NOTE: The following stat priority is a generalization for all physical damage dealers and physical damage specs. Though it is a very good guideline, it will not hold true for select damage builds. Some examples include Wugushi, as it’s poisons cannot crit, rendering Dexterity worthless, or Musketeer or Cannoneer, who’s abilities have such high base damage, Strength is near-useless and it is often better to stack Dexterity past soft crit cap, or invest more points into Constitution.

Approximate Stat Priority (Explained):

Health (CON) is your most important stat, until a number you are comfortable with. While Archers can get away with as little as about 50 base CON, possibly less if they’re a mounted Archer class, it is recommended to have a minimum of approximately 14,000 health for any situation, PvE or PvP. There are some minor exceptions to this rule, so again, just get CON until an amount of health you’re comfortable with, but remember, dead people do no damage.

Physical Attack (STR) will produce the most damage output increase point for point early into the game or while wearing low level or mediocre weapons. However, Physical Damage does get weaker, point for point, with the more of it you get.
An example to support this is: If you have 10 physical attack and you gain 1 physical attack, you’ve increased your physical attack by 10%. If you have 100 physical attack and gain another point, you’ll gain a 1% damage increase. If you have 1000 physical attack and gain that same single point, you will only gain a 0.1% damage increase.

Critical Rate (DEX) is the chance that you will critically hit. A
critical hit is a damage multiplier of +50% based on your current
physical damage (and ability damage, additive). This means beyond a
certain point of Physical Attack, likely obtainable strictly through
gear, critical rate becomes the best dps stat for Archers.
Granted, similarly to Physical Attack “soft cap” being easily obtainable via a strong/enhanced weapon, technically you can get very close to soft crit cap through green gems and gear. That being said, obtaining gems higher than level 6 or 7 max is quite unlikely and impractical at the moment.

Physical Attack (STR) becomes stronger than Critical Rate (DEX) again once obtaining a soft crit cap.

Critical Attack (STR) is a non-reliable stat that you should not try
to stack or base your build around, however, the amount you get through gear and strength simply while going for other stats, often adds up and becomes a significant addition to your dps.

AoE Attack Ratio is another non-reliable stat that most any build should not be based around per se, however, it is potentially the strongest damage stat obtainable once a good amount of base stats have been achieved. AoE Attack Ratio is considered unreliable because it is made unnecessary by Falconers, Linkers, and/or made irrelevant based on your build.

Approximate Stat Priority (Numbers):

Health (CON) to 12,000 ~ 18,000 >

Physical Attack (STR) to approximately 700 >

Physical Attack >

Critical Attack >

AoE Attack Ratio (SITUATIONAL, READ EXPLANATION ABOVE)

#D. Viable Build List

The “Burst Musket” is designed to do the absolute most damage possible in a single line of damage. Though it is not good sustained damage or AoE damage, it is bound to make enemy players in PvP go “What the %&#@ just hit me!?”

Build Core: Archer2 / Ranger3 / Scout / Musketeer

The “Hunter Musket” is also a PvP burst damage class. It lacks the max damage potential that “Burst Musket” has but has added utility and control. Nothing is more fun than making your pet drag a Cleric out of it’s Safety Zone, pinning it, and one-shotting it.

Build Core: Archer2 / Hunter3 / Scout / Musketeer

The “QS Musket” is your happy medium between a PvE and PvP spec. It is capable of great single-target PvE sustained damage thanks to Running Shot and Kneeling Shot between Musketeer burst cooldowns. Though it lacks control or max damage potential over the other Musketeer builds, it is still capable of easily one-shotting most squishy targets in PvP. This build is a safe hybrid.

Build Core: Archer2 / Quarrel Shooter3 / X / Musketeer

Where X can be Scout, Falconer, or Archer3.

The “PvP Cannon” is an extremely gimmicky and very strictly PvP-only build. It is build entirely around controlling a target or group of targets, and ensuring when you do come out of stealth to deal tremendous damage to a group of players, the hit lands, and the hurt is felt.

Build Core: Archer2 / X / Scout / Rogue2 / Cannoneer

Where X can be Archer3, Hunter, Quarrel Shooter, or Sapper.

The “Wugu Cannon” is a PvE-based burst AoE build. It is fantastic at AoE farming and enhancing the group’s damage through debuffs and Falconer utility. This being said, with the big reveal of the Rank 8 classes and the simple fact that no cannons in the game are currently comparable to Manamana/Karacha Dagger/Venom in stats, I’m afraid this spec may die off soon, however may make a comeback in the future with R9.

Build Core: Archer3 / X / Falconer / Cannoneer

Where X can be Wugushi2 or Sapper2.

The “Sapper Wugu” is an extremely strong AoE damage build. It is the most viable non-SR build for Earth Tower and similar events or future content. This being said, it is an extremely gear-dependent build, as the majority of the build thrives off of critical rate, while Wugushi scales only to physical attack and cannot crit, making a balance of the two quite difficult and gear demanding.

Build Core: Archer2 / Sapper2 / Wugushi2 / X

Where X can be Falconer, Scout, Cannoneer, Wugushi3, Sapper3, Archer3, or Fletcher.

The “SR2” is the bread-and-butter Earth Tower build. It is designed almost entirely for dealing large amounts of burst AoE damage. It also is able to reach it’s gear ceiling relatively easily due to the “free” defensive stats from being mounted, allowing it to focus stats and gems and such offensively more easily. The SR2’s primary concern is what’s in store at Rank 8, as whether or not SR3’s abilities even synergize with the SR1 and SR2 abilities, making the future of this build a little uncertain.

Build Core: Archer2 / X / SR2

Where X can be Ranger3 or Quarrel Shooter3.

The “WB Fletcher” is your standard boss killing spec. This spec is based entirely around the overlapping and multiple casts of Magic Arrow. It scales great to STR and even better to DEX. However, this build is typically a one-trick-pony. Missing Magic Arrows or monsters/players moving out of them greatly reduce it’s potential damage output. This build, despite not liking it personally, will be around forever due to it’s great base damage and even better damage scaling.

Core: Archer / X / Ranger2 / Fletcher3

Where X can be Archer2 or Ranger3.

The “AoE Fletcher” is based around great scaling AoE damage and a spammable high damage filler (Crossfire). In theory this build looks fantastic to me, but I’ve only just begun leveling it and may be quite some time before it’s finished and I am able to give any practical feedback. If all else fails, this spec is still a great build for boss damage with a little added AoE damage to call it a viable hybrid.

Build Core: Archer2 / Sapper2 / Fletcher3

The “QS Wugu” is popping up a lot lately. It’s fantastic for both single target boss damage and potentially PvP, as it scales amazing to base physical damage and STR and barely at all or at least somewhat minimally to DEX, allowing it to build additional CON if interested, or just going very very heavy into STR. This being said, I do believe this build will not scale as well to gear as other builds and may not make a very good PvE main.

Build Core: Archer1 / Quarrel Shooter3 / Wugushi3

The “Rogue Archer” is a very gimmicky PvP build. It is based entirely around cloaking, positioning, burrowing, and attacking enemies from behind or the side while they’re distracted with a larger battle and unaware of where the damage is coming from. This build is great for both Team Battle League and Guild Battles, however if over pressured or the rest of your team cannot hold their own, it will not be able to position and you will be rendered useless.

Build Core: Archer1 / X / Scout1 / Rogue3

Where X can be Archer2/3, Ranger 1/2, and/or Quarrel Shooter1/2.

The “Scout3 PvP” is a burst damage Cannoneer spec that goes Scout3 for a combination of the utility and the strongest triple target spammable ability in the game, Split Arrow. While this build is not the most practical, it is an amazingly versatile burst and sustained spec, able of dishing out massive damage from both the front line and the back line, based on what’s needed. This build typically does best in large groups, making it phenomonal in Guild Battles and potentially amazing in castle sieges if/when they’re finally released.

Build Core: Archer2 / X / Scout3 / Cannoneer

Where X can be Archer3, Quarrel Shooter, or Ranger.

The “Scout3 PvE” is very similar to my experimental AoE Fletcher build. It is based around some of Archer’s already well scaling AoE abilities and uses the last 3 ranks to give it an extremely strong sustained damage spammable ability. While this build may seem far inferior to the AoE Fletcher build, and is, against 4+ targets, it also brings Perspective Distortion, which used correctly and paired with the right teammates can make for some pretty disgusting combos.

Build Core: Archer2 / Sapper2 / Scout3

2 Likes

#6. Wizard

#Index

###A. Introduction

###B. Roles

###C. Stat Priorities

###D. Viable Build List

#A. Introduction

The Wizard class is the standard magic class. It is capable of being built as a damage, control, and/or support class. While it’s AoE damage is extremely strong, Wizards have limited single target damage compared to Archers and situationally to Swordsmen. Wizards are invaluable when built as certain support types.

Wizards use the Intellect (INT) and Constitution (CON) stats. Where as they can utilize Spirit (SPR), any maximized build will skip over it and simply use Spell Point (SP) potions as needed.
They wield staves, rods, shields, and daggers.

Wizards are typically best off wearing cloth, simply due to the fact that cloth gloves offer Magic Amplification in place of Accuracy, and cloth gear tends to have magic-based stats. Also, if built with a large amount of CON and a shield, mages can block a good amount of incoming physical damage.
That being said, certain Wizard builds can utilize partial plate gear for the additional defensive stats, primarily health.

Wizards have a max health modifier of 1.3, the lowest. The max
health formula is: Health = (85CON + 17Modifier*(Level-1))

Wizards have a base buff limit of 5.

Wizards have a base AoE Attack Ratio of 3.

*Wizards gain the following passive bonuses:

(Level/4) Magic Defense

Relevant Wizard Secondary Stats:

HP
Magic Attack
Magic Amplification
AoE Attack Ratio
Physical Defense*
Magic Defense*
AoE Defense Ratio**
Evasion***
Block****
Critical Resistance**

*Physical Defense and Magic Defense are typically bad stats,
especially in PvE, due to the inability to stack them to the numbers
needed in order for them to matter. However in PvP or when talking about
+15 accessories and chest and legs, it may be possible to get these
stats high enough to become extremely strong.

**AoE Defense Ratio and Critical Resistance are the defensive
equivilant to Accuracy and Block Penetration. They’ve got minimal if any
value in PvE, however are arguably the most important defensive PvP
stats.

***Evasion is typically not a viable defensive stat for Wizards to stack, or rely on whatsoever. That being said, it can definitely reduce incoming physical damage by a respectable amount over time strictly through boots Evasion, boots enhancements, awakenings, and/or green gems.

****Block is fairly useful to Wizards in general but is not always the most reliable defensive stat.

#B. Roles

Wizards can technically fill three primary roles. Wizards are capable of being built as damage, control, and support/buff type builds. Their damage is arguably the best AoE damage in the game, and can also deal a decent, though not competitive with Archers, amount of single target damage. The control wizard builds are not typically considered a “primary role”, however Wizards control is actually so good it can replace the need for a tank in your group, and ease the amount of stress on the healer. The support builds are all very strong and extremely useful in group play; almost every group wants them, for leveling, Endgame PvE, and PvP.

Wizards have to make smart use of their abilities due to ability element vs monster element incompatibility.
For example, fire-type monsters take 50% reduced damage from fire attacks, but take 50% increased damage from ice attacks.
Because of this it is typically best for Wizards to be sure they have a variety of elemental attacks, or attacks which are not reduced from this system, such as neutral magic, or dark magic, which have no reduction except for magic defense, which all magical attacks are subject to regardless of compatibility.
This is also why Elementalist (large variety) and Warlock (dark, no negative affects) are considered the strongest AoE damage builds.

A lot of Wizard abilities are considered ground-only attacks, making flying monsters a pain to kill, depending on your build. Make sure to consider this when making a Wizard, to be sure you have at least a couple potent attacks capable of hitting flying-type monsters.

Wizards can wear a Staff, Rod, Dagger, and Shield. Most Wizard builds tend to utilize either a Rod+Dagger (typically maximum damage option), or Rod+Shield (typically maximum survivability option, with minimal damage draw-backs). This is because of the linear scaling on enhancements and gems, which tend to render Staves somewhat bad in most cases when compared to Rod+X combinations.

Despite not having any base tank qualities or any real tank trees, Wizards can be built very defensively for PvP purposes. Some Wizard specs such as Cryomancer, Psychokino, and Necromancer offer indirect survivability from their control and zoning abilities. Similarly, it’s fairly easy to justify going full CON as a Wizard due to INT’s poor scaling on most abilities, making tanky Wizard builds quite viable.

#C. Stat Priorities

####Please realize the below mentioned stat suggestion is just a generalized suggestion, viable in both PvE and PvP, you may decide to tweak it slightly, especially the CON/Health suggestion, especially for a PvP character.

Approximate Stat Priority:

CON (Until approximately 20,000 (+/- 3,000) unbuffed with Animus, or 14,000 unbuffed without Animus) >

Magic Attack >

Holy Property Attack >

Dark Property Attack >

HP Recovery/CON (If wearing Animus) >

Magic Amplification >

Elemental Property Attack >

Bonus Attack vs TYPE >

AoE Attack Ratio (SITUATIONAL, Can be considered both your best or worst stat depending on build and other stats.)

#D. Viable Build List

The “CryoChrono” is an extremely effective control and buff build. It is one of the most sought-after builds in the game for leveling, grinding, PvE, and PvP. However, this build is almost strictly a support build with near negligible damage, and is not for everyone.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Cryomancer3 / Chronomancer3

The “ChronoLinker” is an even heavier full-support build than the “Cryo/Chrono”. While they are comparable, the ChronoLinker will do better in most PvE scenarios where a Peltasta (tank) is present, and is definitely a strong and viable option. In my opinion however, there is very little reason to build a ChronoLinker over a CryoChrono.

Build Core: Wizard1 / X / Linker2 / Chronomancer3

Where X can be Pyromancer or Cryomancer.

The “CryoKino” is a devastating control build. While it’s use and practicality in PvE are limited, the CryoKino is one of the strongest and most frustrating builds to go up against in PvP. The larger the enemy group size, the stronger the CryoKino becomes. This build is near-essential to have one or two of in any type of GvG scenario.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Cryomancer3 / Psychokino3

The “Ele WL” is the standard PvE AoE damage build. It is loaded with many multi-hit abilities as well as massive nuke cooldowns such as Meteor and Frost Cloud. This build is also viable in PvP, however the skill selection varies between PvP and PvE quite a bit, making a true Ele WL hybrid difficult to pull off. This build is about as cookie-cutter as they come.

Build Core: Wizard3 / Elementalist3 / Warlock

The “Pyro Ele WL” is a twist on the above “Ele WL”. While it lacks the utility and the strong multi-hit ability that Wizard3 offers, the “Pyro Ele WL” is actually capable of higher AoE damage output than the standard “Ele WL” in any kind of PvE stand-still scenario. While impractical and Wizard3 being the safer choice as well as a good choice for players who enjoy both PvE and PvP, this build is capable of a higher top-end damage output for difficult content such as Earth Tower.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Pyromancer2 / Elementalist3 / Warlock

The “Sorc Alchemist” is the standard Alchemist build. The reason it goes Pyromancer and Sorcerer is because these tend to be the highest damage early game trees with minimal scaling in most scenarios. However, since this is a crafting/money making spec, all that matters is early game damage, making Pyro and Sorc arguably the best options to level an Alchemist quickly and efficiently.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Pyromancer2 / Linker1 / Sorcerer1 / Alchemist2

The “Ele Alchemist” is a close second to the “Sorc Alchemist” in terms of quickly and efficiently leveling an Alchemist. This build tends to be a little weaker in most solo situations and stronger in groups. This build is mostly for people who don’t want to worry about toggling a summon on and off or dealing with the ridiculous pet AI.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Pyromancer2 / Elementalist2 / Alchemist2

The “Sorc/Necro PvP” build is topping the charts as far as ranked PvP goes at the moment. Between it’s high survivability if built correctly, great burst damage, and ability to zone players and keep them controller through pets and poles, this build is an all-around great option for PvP mages.

Build Core: Wizard3 / X / Sorcerer1 / Necromancer2

Where X can be Linker or Thaumaturge.

The “OG Elementalist” is a newer meta build primarily for PvP, based on both controlling the enemies and killing them with the quickness through overlapping multi-hit abilities. This build is extremely strong but a little more gear dependent and difficult to play than most of the naturally tankier Wizard PvP builds.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Cryomancer3 / Pyromancer3

The “Sorc WL PvP” build is an offensive “in-your-face” PvP build that absolutely has to be built like a tank, yet still manages to do great damage through the naturally high damage on it’s skills. This build is a little less practical than some of the other options, as Wizards typically shouldn’t be trying to fight in close-to-mid range, however is a great option for players interested in PvP and pets/summoning.

Build Core: Wizard1 / X / Y / Sorcerer2 / Warlock

Where X can be Wizard3 or Cryomancer2.

Where Y can be Cryomancer3, Linker1, or Thaumaturge1.

The “Thaum FF” is a bit of an off-meta support build. It is built to buff the base damage of group members and dish out a considerable amount of damage itself. Full Thaumaturge builds like this one are typically thought of as mediocre because of the group requirements to make it shine, such as everyone in the group already having a lot of AoE multi-hit abilities. However, if this requirement is met, Thaumaturges can add a very large amount of group damage.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Pyro2 / Thaumaturge3 / Featherfoot

The “Linker Thaum” is the full-support Thaumaturge option. It MAKES people into AoE multi-hitting monsters. This build is absolutely amazing for high dps non-cooldown based damage dealers, and has the potential to be the strongest mage support build in the game. Unfortunately at the moment aside from Quarrel Shooters and Corsairs, not very many non-CD based DPS classes exist or are doing well at the moment.

Build Core: Wizard1 / Pyromancer1 / Linker2 / Thaumaturge3

The “TBL Chrono” is very specifically for Team Battle League (and/or small scale group PvP). It’s buffs work wonders in small groups and it comes with the standard Wizard3 PvP-requirement. This build is quite impractical but if you enjoy supporting and Team Battle League, this may be the build for you.

Build Core: Wizard3 / Linker1 / Chronomancer3

3 Likes

#7. Cleric

#Index

###A. Introduction

###B. Roles

###C. Stat Priorities

###D. Viable Build List

#A. Introduction

The Cleric class is the only class that can heal both itself and others. Although Clerics are typically meant to be healers they can be built to be extremely effective at both physical and magical damage as well.
Clerics do not necessarily do the best damage, AoE or Single Target, when compared to the possible Swordsman, Archer, and Wizard “versions” of their damage spec, however can dish out surprisingly comparable damage considering their sustainability.
Despite not having any actual tank tree for PvE, Clerics, built correctly, are one of the most durable classes in PvP. In fact in a lot of cases, the more offensive clerics such as Bokors, Paladins, Plague Doctors, and/or Dievdierbys will typically be leading the charge alongside the Cataphracts(/Lancers).

Clerics are the only class in the game that can viably use all five base stats (STR, CON, INT, SPR, DEX), depending on their build, making it the most difficult class to lay out a simple stat priority.

Clerics are typically best off wearing either cloth or plate, depending on how their stats are allocated. In general I would say cloth is the better option if you have high CON, and plate is the better option if you have low CON.

Clerics have a max health modifier of 1.5, the second highest. The max health formula is: Health = (85CON + 17Modifier*(Level-1))

Clerics have a base buff limit of 7.

Clerics have a base AoE Attack Ratio of 3.

Clerics gain the following passive bonuses:

(1.675*Lv) SP
(Level/4) SP Recovery

Unfortunately unlike in the other class sections, I cannot simply list a “Cleric Secondary Stats” list and explanations as they are far too situational. Clerics are capable of utilizing any and all stats, depending on their build.

#B. Roles

Clerics can fill two of the three standard roles in any PvE situation; healing and damage dealing.
Originally when the game was still in beta testing both the physical and magical damage build(s) for Cleric could compete with Archer and Wizard damage. Since then all of these specs have been nerfed so not to compete but still to pull their own weight in most solo and group situations. Because of this I believe it is safe to say the developers do not wish for any Cleric build to ever be competitive with their Archer and Wizard counterparts in damage, making DPS clerics more of a PvP and/or off-healer build.
As mentioned in the Cleric Introduction, Clerics do not have a traditional tank build, however many of their trees, coupled with a CON-heavy stat allocation and a shield, can survive for a disgusting amount of time, both in PvE and PvP, though the survivability is more desirable in PvP.

Clerics can currently be built to utilize a Mace+Dagger, Mace+Shield, Rod+Dagger, Rod+Shield, Sword+Dagger, or Sword+Shield. Rods are typically used by magic-based damage dealing builds. Swords are typically used by physical-based damage dealing builds. Maces are typically used by hybrids and/or support-type builds, though support-types should simply wear whichever weapon gives the best base/secondary stats.

#C. Stat Priorities

Unfortunately due to the wide variety of possible Cleric builds it is impossible to list even a generic stat priority list for every build. That being said, I will try to give you a class/build-based stat guideline.

For all types of Clerics, be them support or damage, PvE or PvP, you are going to want an absolute minimum of 15,000 unbuffed health. Whether or not you decide you want more is entirely up to you.

Melee DPS Clerics:

Physical Attack (STR) to approximately 700 >

Physical Attack >

Holy Property Attack >

Dark Property Attack >

Critical Attack >

Bonus Attack vs TYPE >

AoE Attack Ratio (SITUATIONAL, Can be considered both your best or worst stat depending on build and other stats.)

Magical DPS Clerics:

Magic Attack >

Holy Property Attack >

Dark Property Attack >

HP Recovery/CON (If wearing Animus) >

Magic Amplification >

Bonus Attack vs TYPE >

Support/Healer Clerics:

Spirit (If your build includes Priest, Krivis, or Pardoner) >

Constitution >

REFER TO ABOVE STAT PRIORITIES TO DECIDE FOR YOURSELF PAST THIS BASED ON YOUR BUILD.

#D. Viable Build List

The “Full Support SPR Healer” is your standard PvE healing spec. It provides the best all-around support. While there are better specialized healing specs and other viable hybrids, this is the absolute best spec for you healer-main types.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Priest3 / Krivis1 / X

Where X can be almost anything.

The “Dievdoctor” is a fantastic off-healing spec. It is typically thought of as the secondary healer in a group, capable of supporting a group well, healing most 5-man groups with no problem at all, and also dishing out damage. This build can work perfectly as the primary healer in a leveling group, dungeon group, or Team Battle League, but for GvG and ET is typically brought as an off-healer/support.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Dievdierby3 / X / Plague Doctor

Where X is typically Druid but can be several other things.

The “Bokor PD” is another off-healer damage/support build similar to the Dievdoctor. While the Bokor class is generally thought of as unreliable or bad damage due to the zombie AI, this build utilizes Hex/Pandemic and Effigy Spam for insane amounts of damage output, only relying on the zombies situationally or expecting them to add some amount of sustained, be it a lot or a little.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Bokor3 / X / Plague Doctor

Where X is typically Krivis, Druid, Pardoner, or Oracle, but can be almost anything.

The “Monk3” is your standard physical Cleric build. Unfortunately since the change to Blessing, this build is almost never wanted in groups, as in order for it to do good damage it needs a mix of Strength and Con, but now that Blessing scales to Spirit, it really shafted monk builds in parties. That being said, it does have a good amount of potential sustained damage output and one of the strongest DoTs in the game.

Build Core: Cleric1 / Priest2 / X / Monk3

Where X can be Priest3 or Cleric2.

The “Kriv3 Druid” is in a weird spot currently. Krivis3 is almost entirely for Melstis and Melstis is almost entirely for prolonging overpowered buffs; it’s extremely gimmicky and situational in nature. However, with the introduction of Taoist with Rank8 this build can viably go Druid2/Taoist or Druid1/X/Taoist and potentially deal tremendous amounts of damage as well as unique support.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Krivis3 / Druid1 / X

Where X can be Druid2, Plague Doctor, Kabbalist, Oracle, or Priest.

The “Diev3 Druid” is in a similar boat as the “Kriv3 Druid”. Dievdierby is much less situational and typically considered an all-around better spec. However this build is almost based entirely around going Druid3 for Lycanthropy. This build will be mediocre until the release of Rank8.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Dievdierby3 / Druid2

The “Caster Cleric” is for the player who enjoys playing mages but requires self-sustainability. This build is capable of large amounts of single target and AoE damage. This build is not and likely never will be better than, for example, a Fletcher or Corsair at boss killing, or an Elementalist at AoE, but it is a viable hybrid for pretty much everything.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Krivis1 / Sadhu2 / Druid1 / X

Where X can be Druid2 or Plague Doctor.

The “GvG Paladin” is very specifically built for large-scale PvP. This build is absolutely phenomenal for a hybrid front-line/back-line support healer. It can be used offensively to scatter an enemy team’s front-line, or drop barriers on friendly Archers and Swordsmen to help counter enemy mages. This being prefaced, there are definitely better builds in general or for Team Battle League or PvE 5 man groups. This build falls under “Amazing for large groups, mediocre/lacking for small groups.”

Build Core: Cleric2 / Priest1 / Paladin3 / X

Where X can be Priest2 or Plague Doctor.

The “Buff Seller” is your standard money maker. It’s not the best for PvE or PvP, as it is essentially just a money making class, however it does come with the Cleric2 and Priest3 requirements of a full-healer, making it easy to get into leveling groups and do somewhat well solo early on.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Priest3 / Pardoner2

The “PvP Monk” is possibly one of the strongest PvP classes/builds. It is a tank-built bleed-based melee class, capable of simply surviving for what can feel like forever, zoning enemies through the usage of statues, and bleeding them out with One Inch Punch.

Build Core: Cleric2 / X / Monk2 / Plague Doctor

Where X can be Diev2 or Priest2.

The “Chaplain PD” is the auto-attack cleric build. It has the heal-bot essentials and, built correctly, brings a good amount of damage as well. The hardest part about this build since recent changes tends to be balancing CON and SPR. Where as this build was originally meant to be the duelist king and stack CON, with Blessing changes, Chaplains now need to find the correct balance of CON and SPR.

Build Core: Cleric2 / Priest3 / Chaplain / Plague Doctor

2 Likes

…Thief Post Reservation. :wink: :wink:

Okay so I’ve been working on this for like 5 days. I’ve probably already put like 5-10 hours into this nonsense. Yeah, I know, I work slow.

That being said, I genuinely would like to know if this has helped or intrigued anyone and if I should continue. Please give your feedback.

The Swordsman section is essentially complete. I do wish to add more theorycrafting and number crunching to it, and may have glanced over a few builds, it is for all intents and purposes complete.

Trying to crank out the other 3 as soon as possible.

I personally like the read and evaluation for this because it’s a good summary for the all the classes. I think I’ll probably follow one of the listed routes for a future swordie. Looking forward to your archer overview too.

Many props to you for spending the time and dedication to writing something like this out. Shows you still give a care about this game and helping the player base out.

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I cleaned up a lot of the Swordsman post and added a few snippets of information to it, still more to come, sifting through loads of info and trying to determine what is and isn’t important and word it well for all readers.

Started the Archer guide, got a good amount done, admittedly half of the intro is copied and altered from the Swordsman post but I figure it’s all still relevant and worded well for readers.

Should have Archer finished within a day or two.

@TeamChespin Also, I greatly appreciate the feedback. Where as I don’t try to come off petty or seem like I want or need attention, to know that it’s being looked at and appreciated or is peaking interests helps me keep writing. As long as I help a few people, be it a lot or little, I’m happy.

The majority of the archer section is complete. I simply still have to add a brief explanation to each build. Of course, I may edit and update the “complete” sections to be more detailed in the future.

will Scout c3 make it to the list?

Aha! I knew I was missing something!

It indeed will, although, when we receive more information on Mergen, it may un-make the list. :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you for asking/pointing this out. This guide is not and will not be perfect without feedback from the public. :slight_smile:

i was planning to make a scout 3 for silver farming and i was really curious that it wasnt on the list

anyway looking forward on you completing the guide

@Frozen

I still need to write the little description snippets for the last like 6 Archer builds real quick but I’ve added the core Scout3 builds.

Archer section is complete.

I will start the Cleric section next as I’m fairly certain I could write it myself; that being said I may need some help or insight with the Wizard section if anyone has any to offer.

All viable Cleric builds have been added, still much work to do, but if anyone is looking for a Cleric build in the mean time, all there are valid.

Just out of curiosity: Do those recommended stat allocations take the bonus points you recieve starting at certain amounts into account? (vyne1 TOS Mechanice Guide)

I agree with all your suggested builds. Even if you don’t list all possible builds, the listed builds are viable enough to help beginners a lot. I suggest you make a post (and link this post) in the Class Forum since more people visit the class section.

1 Like