Tree of Savior Forum

[ Wizard Changelog ] Wizard changes from kTOS and iTOS

So much whining…

Even with all those nerfs in cryo, it was still on the composition of ET20 party… This is just balance.

People want to have a overpower build instead of a balanced game - almost all of the top 100 pvp was Warlock, so it must mean something, and even with the nerfs in pvp it’ll be still viable.

So stop whining and just accept the balance.

nice going talking about ET on a pvp nerf, bet you didn’t see the new trashing archer give out to the ET20 party pvp build.

no it’s not whining if the “balance” is nerfing a class to the ground (i.e cryo).
giving a better way to balance it (freeze duration, % of being frozen) it’s not whining either, so stop being salty on the “op class”.

even for warlock,it wasn’t really op, giving -50% dmg it’s a lot for a pure dmg class, and warlock wasn’t in the top list cos ppl were warlock alone, but for the other circle they took, kino nerfed badly last week, sleep balanced last week (that was a good balance idd), ecc. ecc.

buffing completely useless class was the first thing to do instead of nerfing all the other, like swordy still being useless AF.

I THINK the Warlock nerf was highly motivated by their Linkers being OP since their Linkers didn’t get the same nerfs we got. From what I’ve read from other people in our forums, people were running Wiz3-Linker3-Warlock for PvP. So they just Pre-cast everything they can, JP (with only 15 seconds cooldown) , HK (lasts 16 seconds) and then a full dose of Agony and/or Theurge/Evil Sacrifice.

The bonus matk is added to the skill.
They didn’t remove the int bonus.

From kTOS 16/06/2016

• Subzero Shield
  • 16/06/2016 kTOS
    Will no longer freeze enemies when hit by [Energy Blast], [God Finger Flick]
  • Swap
  • 16/06/2016 kTOS
    New attribute: [Swap: Bind]
    When the attribute is active, there’s a chance to bind the target after swapping locations
    Inside Guild War & Battle league maps, the chance for binding is always 100%
  • Raise
  • 16/06/2016 kTOS
    Fixed a bug where players were getting stuck ‘flying’ even when out of PvP
  • Gravity Pole
  • Joint Penalty
  • 16/06/2016 kTOS
    Fixed a bug with the damage value when sharing some magic damage over time skills
    When only one remaining monster is affected by the Joint Penalty debuff, the debuff will now be removed
  • Reincarnate
  • 16/06/2016 kTOS
    If you fail to re-incarnate a Boss Monster, a message will now be broadcast to the party

Translation by @Gwenyth

RIP Icewall-JP and JP-Burn

I’m not sure what’s with the Gravity Pole thing, whether it’s a debuff applied at the end, a debuff to targets who are not disabled or they changed the disable. I hope it’s not the last one or else, RIP Kino3. But judging from what they seem to be doing, it’s probably the first one

EDIT

After all these nerfs, does it affect CryoKino’s CC in PVE?

GG my full con PVE linker

Everything that do not have the [PvP] label on them are applied to both PvE and PvP. So yes, the nerfs do affect CryoKino’s CC in PvE, especially since

There is also this:

[Common Fixes]
6. Fixed a bug with the item [Ignition], where the fire damage debuff was not applying correctly.

Is this the end of Ignition for linkers then?

The damage still seems to be doing the same, but multiple burns in the link seem to no longer provide extra ticks

So that means monsters that we attack with gravity pole can run away?

Because the description did say affected ‘characters’ can move away. Does ‘characters’ apply to monsters or only playable characters? Since there are other words used to generally describe monsters and players such as ‘affected targets’ or ‘enemies’ (like in the swap descruption)

I don’t really care if it sucks in pvp but i would still want to retain my usefulness as a CC cryokino in PVE. If it is that useless maybe i should consider another option.

Since it’s a nerf that’s applied also to PvE, it probably applies to monsters as well. Just to be sure, let’s ask @tomgo32000

Fortunately, this nerf does not apply to monsters.

What’s strange is that, as you can see in that videos, we tested it between players in town, which is a PvE environment, and it did work. However, monsters that are inflicted by Gravity Pole can not move. So I think the difference is not PvE and PvP, but Players and Monsters.

2 Likes

Awesome.

So i guess it’s safe to say that CryoKino still remains to be good a CC in a PVE environment despite the nerfs uh?

1 Like

Not much change for kino c3…still we have raise and telekinesis…as kino we still able to rotate the locking combo skill…

Slowing the opponent also still good at pvp…

Tele 15sec bind
sleep 5 hit threshold cap
PP + stun
raise 10sec bind
gravity pole slow down
and catch again with tele…

Still good combo at pvp…

Unless they nerf tele and raise…then i will change job for sure

Off topic :
can i hit enemy that fly by Raise???
Or it just fly the enemy, disabling them to move, and also cant be hit???

Hi, thanks for all the info you’ve been posting, I’ve a couple of questions about the new GP maybe you could answer

Is the slow the same as chronomancers slow? If so, how much movespeed does it reduce and can it be stacked with chronomancer slow?

So my pve wiz3 kino 3 is untouched by all these nerfs. Hurray!

The Slow debuff Gravity Pole inflicts is not the same as Chronomancer’s Slow skill.

Gravity Pole’s Slow debuff reduces movement speed by 25.

And since these two kinds of Slow debuffs are different, I think they can be stacked.

1 Like

Nice, better than I was expecting.