Tree of Savior Forum

What are your opinions on Wizard PvP Builds post kToS nerfs?

A guild of idiots would die in anything, else its not idiots but out of balance. I do not decide which of both is fact, but as the very matter of fact by your description it was everything but in balance

1 Like

There aren’t the same restriction between Duel and the 5v5 arena/ GvG maps.
For example, you can get the bonus of 25% HP with Swash buckling (swordman) in Duel and can’t in PvP instances.

Again. There is a team on both sides supposedly. If one single character was able to cc (and at the same time) kill 15 other players if left untouched there is a huge power imbalance.

Even if you wanted to combo with Raise, Gravity Pole doesn’t do anything now… How is that a combo piece? And yes, you are supposed to be able to accomplish things solo as well as in a team but being stronger in a team. As of now, a build meant for PvP can’t really do much solo at all. Also, as I said, Cleric PvP builds are just going to take its place. A smart cleric PvPer before was unstoppable to anything but Psycho CC.

How about actually researching kToS instead of looking to a vague thread? Duels and GvG do not get Instanced PvP specfic nerfs. Regular GvG and Duels have no meaning as there is no compensation to which even if there was, Gravity Pole is a terrible skill regardless. In kToS GvG 2.0 does have the PvP exclusive nerfs. Thanks for showing that you aren’t up to date with kToS though.

I don’t think anyone is saying the skill was fine as is, but that it was overly nerfed. Almost never is an extreme the right answer to something.

Except it’s look like (as far as skills are concerned) that pvp restrictions still apply in friendly duels. I’ve bolded the relevant part below

So that would have been the reduced damage in the video

That would be a good point if guilds were limited to one kino per group

You know what you’re looking at here? It’s a bit busy so I’ll tell you
It’s four kinos filling a corridor with gravity pole

Guild wars are at least half filled with psycho right now.

I say this as someone who rolled kino myself. Saying they’re nerfed into uselessnes is being melodramatic. More like they went from “fuck y’all this my game” to “just good”. And they’re still the best counter to cleric.

3 Likes

It’s pre-damage nerf. It was already a really bad idea to get 4 psycho after this patch.

1 Like

The nerf to the CC for this particular skill is a player vs. monster nerf, but the 20% dmg nerf is an instanced PvP nerf. You should really try to stay up to date to kToS before going off of vague information off these forums. And yes, CC is supposed to be strong in PvP, not weak. There is no reason to pick a psycho over other options for PvE thus it is a PvP class.

gravity pole pwn people at all the pvp feature
1v1 dual request
2v2, 5v5 battle league
GvG

so nerf it is the wrong way to do when most of the time we will see psycho flood the ranking every week ?

now if you want dmg just add more INT and being less tanky
if you are fine with tanky just have low dmg

1 Like

Again, no one said a nerf to it wasn’t fair; it’s that it has been nerfed so many times in so many different ways that it is now overnerfed and useless. That isn’t a good practice for any skill ever. Adding int will not make the damage good when it’s reduced by 80% final.

you know why ?
because even with the previous nerf the ranking and pvp meta does not change anything, so they have to do more nerf

what 's the fun when PvP flooded with only few builds ? no ?

Psychokino:
- Gravity Pole:
- Affected characters movement speed will be decreased. ( Clarified to no longer pull enemies in PvP.)

The nerf is completly PvP wise.

@hoangsea91 What’s the fun if there isn’t any viable pvp build for a class ?

That’s because in a team setting, the CC effect is what matters most, so it was still useful, but this makes sense because it is supposed to be a CC skill for a CC class.

Well I really want to see an official list of restrictions before I’ll conclude.

Now this is what we call a balance. Playing a pyschokino before was a no brainer as you just cast all your skills even without understanding anything and get the kill.

Let me use RO skills to make you understand more.
• First it was Wizards owning the game because they could just cast their skills in a certain area and just watch anyone that passes die.
• Then a Land Protector was created to prevent taking damage from casted skills.
• Since the Land Protector completely destroyed wizard they created a Ganbantein that has to be casted from time to time to remove Land Protector.

Now that’s a meta. ToS is now approaching this stage to make GvGs and PvPs actually fun. And to let players bust their brains out to create a meta and to actually make things work.
The fact that you reject these changes simply proves that you don’'t have the intellectual capacity to make things work and adapt to changes.

You have a really big issue regarding the damage. There’s a plenty of ways to compensate the damage, like what? Pumping INT. Wizards aren’t supposed to be built around FULL CON anyway.

isn’t any viable build for wizard ?
you must be kidding me

• cryo/psycho still good as an support for doing CC in battle
  • elementalist still have an very nice AoE burst dmg with meteor and zoning with many strong aoe spell such as hail and frost cloud
  • socceress 's temple shooter still strong if people got hit by it’s arrow, also familiar is very annoying to dealing with
  • warlock still have strong burst dmg with Pole of agony and Dark theugre

those are wiz pvp popular class so there 's no viable ?

the swordman path is a joke when only

sword man c3 > cata c3 > dragoon is consider as viable in pvp and they cry for half an year already, still no good buff enough to bring more than 4 swordman in top 100 ranking

wiz guys especially cryo/psycho, you used to be OP (what people say the strongest pvp class in ToS) for very long time so got some nerf make you guys feel bad and cry so hard. When many low tier class not even have buff enough to see them shine in PvP

so quit complaining, lol
you guys still so far stronger than many class out there

Cryo/psycho is now countered by Plague, almost, we still got Raise that is countered by some skills. Even damage wise, there is nothing left.

Sorcerer has never been a PvP build.

Warlock get the first nerfs to Pole of agony and Dark Theurge (-50% ?)

So what’s left ? Wiz3-Elem3 … Yeah what a diversity.

I’ll stop there because you seem to be blind or don’t want to accept the word OVERNERF.

Cyro/Psycho is made pointless by clerics now.

Elementalist can’t hit anyone good in PvP.

Temple Shooter, same with Elementalist, can’t hit anything in PvP without CC which isn’t possible now. Familiars I listed as still a viable move but it alone can’t carry the class.

Warlock was nerfed by 50% final damage so now con builds don’t need to worry about dark theurge so much and Pole of Agony requires CC which is no longer a thing.

80% of the mage class requires CC to function against targets that don’t have dumb ai’s. CC is supposed to be strong in PvP. Nerfing it was fine but to the point where it isn’t even really a factor is just silly.

lol i quit with you guys bull shiet, mind less defense against the nerf

look at physical class 80% of their attack was blocked against full CON and Stone skin + Aias and got fked so hard

swordman can’t even reach enemy unless you are cata c3 with trot

archer mostly burst dmg attack skills are 1 hit and 80% are blocked
they got cc once sure an easy kill because they are the lowest HP in PvP battle

cleric is only strong at their range but most of their attack skill are close range and work as magic circle, also almost can’t kill anyone alone unless they are too stupid to stand on carnivory or zaibas

wiz use to be the strongest pvp class, especially Cryo/Psycho which flood the ranking for a very long time. Now got a nerf and cry so hard and called it over nerf ?

what a big joke
as i say before even got big nerf cryo/psycho still much stronger than many class in pvp

don’t just looking to the wiz class only looks at the others too damnit

1 Like

THIS.

Well these people clearly hasn’t played any MMORPG with hardcore PvP/GvG. They think there’s justice in a one man show in a MMORPG. Guess they only played gameboy until recently.

Now that you guys tryhard to make us shut up, i’ll show you something fun :
Stone Skin nerfed in GvG : 400+ 0.5x SPR <<< Ok ?
Physical damage of swordman already boosted by 30% and another buff incoming <<<< Ok ?
Aias shield Block rate 2 not working <<<< Ok ?
Now the fun part : Block Penetration and Block works like Critical rate vs Critical Resistance so if you got some Block Pene there isn’t any problem and you got more damage than before.

It’s not about the physical vs magical, it’s about an over nerfed CC from a CC class.

1 Like