Tree of Savior Forum

Update completely messed up the economy

Please read guys :frowning:

Known Issues (Updated Nov 3, 2015)
Repair prices are not applied correctly at the moment (new)

2 Likes

So the prices are correct now costing us 8k for repair and won’t be changed :smiley:

This is completely retarded and better not be permanent. Loot doesn’t sell for anything now and it’s better at low levels to just sell your broken equips and buy new ones than to repair. The economy was fine before until you hit that 100+, so why break it for everyone

you’re a liar , attribute , stuff , pet , etc … there’s a lot of stuff to put your money , 900k is NOTHING , it would be used instantly by upgraded your attribute , rank 5 attribute start at 67 000 silver for the first 1% upgrade , etc…

3 Likes

They are just stuck in white knight mentality where they think that because they like ToS, they must defend every choice IMC Games does, even if it will hurt their game. Such people don’t understand that we are supposed to call out bad moves in the CBT so that they do not come into the main game. And you are correct, these players at lvl 120, lvl 150, gloating about having 2 million silver? If they were to actually upgrade their attributes and gear of their level, they would eat through 2 million and still have plenty left to buy. The curve of attribute and upgrade costs matches the increase in sell price of the items’ previous values, thus the outcry.

Even if they wanted to adjust the curve, prices are litterally 1/10th of previous values for low-med to high level items, that is an insane drop in silver generated that will in no way meet the costs of attributes and upgrades at higher levels. Even a 1/2 reduction would of been pretty drastic. But seeing that this is a closed beta, why would they reduce the curve at all? How will people test mechanics they can’t afford? It all makes 0 sense.

7 Likes

For a bunch of beta testers, you people really lack the ability to read and stay calm about issues.

Considering this affected EVERY SINGLE SHOP RELATED THING, there is no way this is anything but a calculation bug.
Stop reacting like headless chickens and calm down for a small amount of time, the updates administered to the international version are still staff members from Korea, not anyone in the US or similar timezone.

1 Like

There are plenty of people who have, since the known issues were updated, stated that they know it is a bug before presenting their opinion on the matter. The fact that this is a bug, and a big one that hurts the ability for many players to actually test the features of the game (which is the whole idea of this closed beta test to begin with) is the reason why we SHOULD be vocal about this. The act of staying silent and accepting things is a phenomena that plagues the gaming community in a lot of different areas. The fact that we make a lot of noise now might in turn prompt a quick response from the developers instead of having to wait for the next big maintenance day, providing more time for us to provide said developers with valuable feedback in order for them to further improve their product. Where is this a bad thing?

5 Likes

Although that might be true (and I hope it is), it might not be as they only said repair prices and not all prices (which would put them at fault for not being clear about what they consider a bug). The reaction is very fair and proportionate to the effect of the change that occured. Which this is a CBT, feedback and criticism is the goal as to improve the actual game for when it releases. It’s good that they know that many players are extremely against such a change, which is valuable feedback regardless if it was intentionial or not.

5 Likes

Maybe farm the weapon? I’ve gotten every good weapon myself.

1 Like

Oh yeah those sleeping developers will surely fix the bug in their sleep because the forum is being spammed of threads about the issue 24/7. I understand the size of the issue, I understand the impact of it, but if the developers already KNOW about the issue, how is spamming the forum and further hiding away other issues a good thing?
@valkyrie_regalia
See above, not an update on the other variations of closed beta and understandably I don’t think they would make this big of an issue just to halt down higher levels, if the developers would be pushing out things like this then the game flat out wouldn’t EXIST in the first place.

The drop rate is greatly reduced too

U understand the size of the issue, U understand the impact of it, but U still want to wait 7 days for the next update?

What kind of human sleeps for 7 days?
Are you a bear?

Agree, I wonder how are we going to test the game without the money to do all those stuff…zzz

As the regular maintenance is once a week
Or U think they would fix any bug in hotfix ASAP?

Major bugs as such the DicID didn’t take long to fix, considering how long it takes to recompile everything and push out a new build to steam for updates.

There are but two threads dedicated solely to the current pricing issue in the feedback subsection, hardly any flooding at all and definitely does not take away valuable space for other threads. The fact that this very thread is trending at the moment should give it proper focus from the dev team. You are absolutely correct that this currently occurs during their off hours and it would be a valid concern if this forum wasn’t as self-sufficient as it now has proven to be. Hopefully there will be clear communication from the dev team as soon as possible from their side since this issue has brought to light a tad lacking in either the transparancy or the communication department (either the item values are indeed supposed to be nerfed but repair rates kept as they were previously - transparency. Or everything is a result of the bug in question in which case they failed to properly convey this in the Known Issues thread - communication).

I’m pretty certain the international forum staff don’t have actual access to the code so they send the information to the korean developers and then they send the fixed version back at us.
But yes, communication was an issue here, I can’t disagree with that.

1 Like

This is all bad and terrible but, lets add to the fact that Zemyna’s market is down since yesterday, is this a 3 way thing?

not exactly,the market was fixed after the maintenance,but it crashed just 2 hours later