Tree of Savior Forum

Update completely messed up the economy

Why wouldn’t people be vocal about a change that doesn’t introduce “difficulty” but instead introduces needless headache? Difficulty can (and in my opinion is) great when implemented in a way that tests the player’s understanding of their particular character and what they have achieved with their in-game choices regarding skills and attributes. There is a reason why Demon’s Souls and Dark Souls (albeit both being single player games with slight multiplayer elements) have achieved a cult following and received critical acclaim: they are difficult, very difficult, but always fair to the player regardless of their class choices.

This bug (read bug, so it’s not even supposed to be there) does not introduce a fair difficulty setting. Priests have to spend their gold on consumables for their skills, mages have to spend plenty on SP pots for their earlier levels and melees will have to repair a lot. Introducing a change that makes it very difficult to break even regarding time spent farming versus repair and consumable cost in a game that already has a perfect gold sink in hundreds of attribute levels as well as gear upgrading takes away from the core gameplay.

Tree of Savior has such potential to introduce a superb skill ceiling with interesting boss fights and in-game mechanics, this so called difficulty of yours is not the way of doing it. Of course people will be cross when a bug is introduced that renders most of their effort meaningless.

4 Likes

Strongly agree. What are they thinking?

Selling price is fine as long as other stuff are scaled off of this drop off on npc selling(such as priest consumable, it makes melee type cleric circle next to useless without Blessing and Secrement, and it cost me 3~4 recipe(current price) per trip). Repair price will be fixed so there is no need to be stuck up on that. Maybe introduce a way to make these item, or even a way to collect them yourself would be a good idea to solve.

I agree that the previous npc values were too high and needed to be reduced (I play priest now Pala) but the way it is now was way too harsh. They are just experimenting I suppose and will adjust it again.

The new selling price WTF… what the purpose to spend tons of hour to grind if the recipe now worth 2k instead 20k…

Sell price is bug too or just repair is bug…?

the problem is those few guys already have their GG +15 items. So the time sink is way too much, way too late.

did you bot the money? be honest.

Now it is cheaper to drop weapons from mobs and use them than repairing your old ones… HA HA HA HA HA IMC. My will to play is disapearing.

Recipes should sell to NPC at 1 silver…
And your question, why craft?
I already got all the items needed for Trinity sword. Just need a recipe…

• STR +40
  • Critical Attack +156
  • Accuracy +32

But loots selling price…its not worth fighting monsters. Let’s all prays to the Goddess that someone else will save the world~

1 Like

which classes would that be ?

In fact, balance (actually the LACK of balance) is the worse thing from ToS. The game have a great gameplay and a lot of good concepts in theory. But the balance of everything is so bad that i’m not even in the mood to play. IMC really needs to rebalance almost every aspect of the game. As it is, all good ideas and the good gameplay is going to waste due to how unbalanced everything is.

1 Like

Game balancing is fairly easy to do, compared to some of the other more pressing problems they have. Although I agree that it will bring great value to the players to implement better class balance / silver balance.

ToS has a fairly uncomplicated mechanics math so most balancing is a matter of tweaking the numbers.

It’s better if you change the price back, right now I cannot afford the repair cost anymore. It’s make me broke!!. And also the weapons/armors 's sell price, please make it back.

To whoever said durability is death penalty. Try swing your weapon in the air and look durability goes down. It doesn’t matter you’re death or not, This will go down as long as you using it.

2 Likes

Please read guys :frowning:

Known Issues (Updated Nov 3, 2015)
Repair prices are not applied correctly at the moment (new)

2 Likes

So the prices are correct now costing us 8k for repair and won’t be changed :smiley:

This is completely retarded and better not be permanent. Loot doesn’t sell for anything now and it’s better at low levels to just sell your broken equips and buy new ones than to repair. The economy was fine before until you hit that 100+, so why break it for everyone

you’re a liar , attribute , stuff , pet , etc … there’s a lot of stuff to put your money , 900k is NOTHING , it would be used instantly by upgraded your attribute , rank 5 attribute start at 67 000 silver for the first 1% upgrade , etc…

3 Likes

They are just stuck in white knight mentality where they think that because they like ToS, they must defend every choice IMC Games does, even if it will hurt their game. Such people don’t understand that we are supposed to call out bad moves in the CBT so that they do not come into the main game. And you are correct, these players at lvl 120, lvl 150, gloating about having 2 million silver? If they were to actually upgrade their attributes and gear of their level, they would eat through 2 million and still have plenty left to buy. The curve of attribute and upgrade costs matches the increase in sell price of the items’ previous values, thus the outcry.

Even if they wanted to adjust the curve, prices are litterally 1/10th of previous values for low-med to high level items, that is an insane drop in silver generated that will in no way meet the costs of attributes and upgrades at higher levels. Even a 1/2 reduction would of been pretty drastic. But seeing that this is a closed beta, why would they reduce the curve at all? How will people test mechanics they can’t afford? It all makes 0 sense.

7 Likes