Tree of Savior Forum

Trade Restrictions

i think i made it pretty clear that i dont fully support the restrictions in ToS, but my point still stands. Counter Measures are welcome, but some restrictions IMC implemented are way too harsh, especially regarding 1:1 trade.

1 Like

it’s because people can actually get profits from investing monthly subs in WoW and they can actually thrive (farm bots -> sell to stupid people for real money)… Shows how Blizzard tolerates RMT of in-game currency… If i was into RMT, I’d scam all the fools who will avail, hopefully they’ll learn a thing or two…

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

The only thing you have done IMC is made this a complete nightmare for everyone. What have you accomplished at all with these restrictions? Those who want to buy silver can do so, and those who wish to sell it can do so. The only restriction you have in place currently is a 2 day limit that ‘deters’ players from buying MASSIVE amounts of silver. If it will deter someone from buying millions of silver, how badly do you think it deters players from listing items for 5-25k silver (the vast majority of items on the auction house). Your game will die. No one will ever pay 20$ after this to buy handicapped benefits. Remove the negative aspects of premium. Unlimited trading, unlimited Auction house use, shorter cool down on receiving items. You want to maintain the economy? You’re single handedly killing it yourself. Put your heads together, I realize you’re smart. You want to make money? Don’t kill your game before it even launches with retarded ideas that will never work. You can NEVER win this battle, EVER.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan

Should’ve stayed buy to play, but too late now. They marketed it as free to play and can’t go back on that anymore.

This trade restriction is ridiculous. Not everyone is a token user especially new players. How are we suppose to help them or trade them new gears if the trading is not open. Totally not friendly to new user.

This bullshit is hurting the legit players more than the gold seller. There is no economy to begin with.

Agree, for me token benefits doesn’t feel that great at all.

1:1 trading of items should have no restrictions (whether limited for non-token or whatever) I doubt those wise devils engaging in RMT would put in effort for selling items for real money, in the first place in-game currency is much rare and more important (for attribute leveling, etc2…) since bot farmers go through strictly auction to transfer silver with the current auction house system.

No 1:1 trading of silver as this provides new methods for bots and RMT to transfer silver then sell to post-modern people. And if you whine about boosting your characters and helping friends, just buy the item (potion, pants, underwear, whatever) and trade to them. (also acceptable, silver trading/sharing for your own characters/lodge)

Auction house 48 hr restriction for retrieving silver is fine by me, as IMC has stated its not permanently going to be 48 hr “In addition, trades are temporarily held for 48 hours upon completion.”.

Tl;dr
-Keep using current auction house system and improve along the way, improve i.e. suspicious trade detection and temporary 48 hr restriction. As i see this as good effort on battling RMT for in-game curreny (silver).
-Allow 1:1 trading of items between players (limited for non-token users or whatever).
-Don’t allow 1:1 trading of silver between players. Allow trading (team storage) or sharing of silver between lodge characters.
-With these changes implemented, scale/revamp to the token benefits well such that we can actually feel the benefits other than the 30%-10% Auction House tax. Say all you want people who want to buy premium will buy premium for whatever reason (support the game, lazy ass, or self-entitled elitist), all you f2p whores who only knows how to whine can go grind silver and buy token.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ethan

1 Like

Pointless comment as this is the decision made by them, there is another 2nd wave for F2P so they are hoping for that day…
There is really no economy market at the moment, 30% tax and only 1 item can be sale, I rather NPC it on those junk to stock up my pots…
There already counting doom on TOS…

how come i can sell all my trash and unwanted item in auction house and get decent silver. after grinding or questing for an hour or two I get decent amount of silver, not enough to buy materials currently since prices are way too high in my opinion, but i think it’s because only founders are playing and everyone so focused to max level a lot of their characters and the current trade system sucks.

But to say there is no economy to begin with, you drunk bruh? Tsk2, post-modern blockheads.

edited: forgot, non-token users only get to sell 1 at a time in auction house, still I see a lot of items I need for sale and I get to sell my junk, so there is still supply and demand of items in auction house.

Not everyone is a token user but they are still able to buy token for in-game currency silver which you can farm/grind/auction house/utility characters.

Leveling is so easy early game, I doubt anybody needs help there. I got past level 46 xp reset with level 15 items and items I got from quest that are untradable. i.e. Crystal Bangle FTW, another good item is Rokas armor, etc2… Btw, trading system needs changes and I mean 1:1 trading between two people, not the auction house or 1:1 trading of silver between two people.

2 Likes

The funny thing is… Black Desert sold over 400,000 copies in the first month. So…

1 Like

I accept changes in auction house tax, # of item for sale for non-token and token, trading system, spawn rates, etc2.
If you like the game and plan to play hardcore, you owe it to yourself to buy a token or grind one. It’s not like there’s no other way to be a token-user other than paying for it in cash shop.

it’s because its hard to thrive in RMT for silver in current ToS system, and to think if they can profit 1. pay for founder’s pack (more than 1, bot account and seller account) 2. pay for electricity running bot 24 hrs 3. the effort required to actually trade the silver 4. are customers willing to wait or risk for 48 hrs until getting what they paid for knowing that the trade can be flagged as suspicious and get reprimanded. 5. ~2-3$ for all these efforts per transaction which requires around (bot->seller) 48 hrs, (seller->buyer) another 48 hrs = 4 days.
Is the 2 days wait time enticing for potential RMT for silver customers?

Honestly how does b2p stop gold seller?

1. Why not enable silver trade be part of Adventure Journal?
    (24-96 hours in game session or 7 days after joining any server)
    In this case, clearly you need to kick them out of the game before day 8.

2. 5+1 TP for silver trade? Maybe not the best idea since they can spam shout with 1TP Megaphone.

3. Level requirement. Maybe Lv100? Better than nothing.

4. Report button for players. 3 clicks and then bot will go to jail and you can investigate them from there.

@Staff_Julie @STAFF_Ines @STAFF_Ethan

Thank you :sunglasses:

1 Like

Sad really, since this sort of limitation which doesn’t limit gold sellers and yet still continues to limit limit… ah forget it.

Like one of the posters said, gold sellers are like cockroaches, and there is never a solution to them. The only way to stop their infestation is by not creating a market for them, aka have all players STOP engaging in business with them, which we know is also impossible since there will always be idiots around who still does it.

Also, I agree B2P does not stop gold sellers too. But, by going B2P, we at least have every players being able to TRADE, albeit in a limited capacity… not to mention, we can also have some (if not most) of the other game limitations removed (increased warehouse storage capacity for example).

Die in hell imc.
@keruchan_0
Oh I remember you ! You are the guy working in banks or whatever. Right ? Nice post.

Wake up imc !

2 Likes

B2P as in Buy to Play?
It prompts Gold Sellers to at least think before investing time and money if they can regain their investment and gain profit?
With the current silver trading system only available through auction house alone, Gold Sellers needs 2 days to transfer silver to seller account, and buyer needs to wait additional 2 days to receive what he/she paid for. If you were a buyer would waiting 2 days before receiving what you pay for entice you to such avail in such a service? Not to mention these gold sellers are shady as hell, are you guaranteed to get what you paid for? Is it legit business? Are you protected as a consumer?

TL;DR
Gold Sellers needs to buy at least 2 accounts (bot and seller) in order to start their business. That’s around 18$ at least, with no guarantee that their accounts won’t get reprimanded, worst banned for botting and suspicious transactions on auction house which detection is highly possible due to current system. And with initial 18$ investment, they only get to put 1 item on auction house, strictly limiting the flow of suspicious transactions.
So to sum it up, if I was planning to do business in ToS via RMT for silver, it’s not very enticing.

1 Like