Tree of Savior Forum

Trade Restrictions

So, Devs, your ‘reason’ behind keeping the Trade Restrictions in place are bullshit. “Minimal investment” is above the Standard price for P2P games. I don’t have an issue paying for a monthly Sub, or in this case “VIP” which is basically the same thing as a Subscription. The problem is the pricing on it for what it gives the players.

We can actually Trade (Yay!) BUT only a max of 30 times per month. That’s some stupid bullshit. First off, trading isn’t going to stop the RMT from doing what they want to do. You hope to somehow do something that no other MMO has ever done before - completely erradicate the RMT presence. That’s impossible. I’ll just use WoW as an example, because it’s, sadly, still the largest MMO to date. It has RMT problems all the time. Can always find gold sellers shouting about things. They are like cockroaches and you are just never able to kill them. They will always find a way to keep doing what they are doing. Instead, you are killing the game by restricting trade between your normal members.

Second, restricting the customers that DO pay to only 30 times per month is ridiculous. If somebody wants to drop $19 for the Montly Sub, they should have unlimited. Once somebody is wanting to enchant gear or upgrading Gems, they can easily blow through those 30 Trades within a single day.

Third, this prevents friends that want to level up together to make the grind less dull unable to trade each other anything that drops that is more beneficial to another person in the group. I’ve run into this personally with my friends. Sword drops for the Mage and the Swordsman still has a level 15 weapon because of that ■■■■. Yes, they can go to town and spend a stupid amount on buying a new weapon, but that Mage can’t use the sword and the Swordsman now has to go off and buy one because of a stupid Trade restriction rule.

Let’s also mention the 30% AH fee for items. Seriously? 30 ■■■■■■■ percent? The in-game Marketplace does NOT need the ■■■■■■■ money. They literally do nothing to it. If you want to use it to remove arbitrary money from the game, then just reduce how much is dropped from mobs and quests. Don’t ■■■■ up things with a damn 30%. Also, it does nothing to combat RMTs because it just means they are going to farm up another 30% to cover that loss.

Oh, to your note about RMT are the only people that would be selling items at a much higher price is completely incorrect. So, I have a character, but I don’t like the Built I went with, so now I want to delete him. But he’s got 100k Silver on him that I don’t want to just lose because there is no way to store Silver. My only option is to sell to myself at a high specific value so I can find it on the AH and buy the item with the character I’m going to delete. Well, you ALSO don’t let us buy items on the AH from our OWN account, so that’s another stupid thing you put into place. So, to transfer that money, I would have to buy something from a friend in order to not lose that accumulated 100k. I’d end up losing 30k cuz of the stupid ass 30% AH cut, but that’s better than losing the whole 100k because I don’t want to use that character anymore. But as I started out saying, RMT are not the only ones that would be placing items up for higher than average market value. So, I’m sure you are going to be hitting the Ban button on many normal players through-out the times.

Basically this game will be unable to provide anything for it’s players until the Trade Restrictions are revoked. Put the 30 Limit on Non-VIP accounts and put unlimited for VIP. That’s the best situation you can accomplish if you want to fool yourself that it will do anything to stop RMT. In addition to that, you need to lower the price or make the VIP worth the $20 you want people to spend per month. At it’s current situation, even if you added unlimited Trading, it’s way too expensive. As stated above, $15 is your ‘average’ price for a monthly sub in a game for P2P and you are wanting just under $20 a month. For far less benefits of paying per month.

I don’t get how Devs can make a game yet ignore ALL the other games that came out before them and just ■■■■ up in monumental ways repeating the same actions other games have tried. Restricted trading NEVER works in a beneficial way for the longevity of a game. Having a VIP more expensive than the average monthly sub for a P2P game does not help the game.

I just seriously hope a Dev reads this post and finally understands that they need to stop trying to be greedy money-grabbing assholes and make a game that will be worth playing.

20 Likes

From the statement, I only feel that “token” is been cover well nice by IMC (Its must buy features that we paying monthly fee)…
In Short-run its okay but in further down I don’t think it will get any better…

They even mention, Item can set as min-max range of price to prevent junks sold for high price.
This features is much good start to annoying gold-seller while IMC staffs can do their tracking job…

RMT website will always in the cyber-world, you cant remove but instead IMC is doing business for both gold-sell and players cause of the token itself…

By far, tree of savior is the currently most restrictions MMO in the cyber, which even the basic function also included…

The excuse they made is hilarious… sadly as good of a game ToS is, it’s doomed. Well unless the RMT keeps them afloat because how RMT is profitting is because of their paywall, people can get token off player for cheaper then the BS price IMC is offering.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Unfortunately most players are casual and will not earn more than 200k before they quit the game.

2 Likes

IMC is hurting their game more than the gold sellers are. :joy:

9 Likes

The purpose of that TAX was to prevent inflation. remember that we print (money) silver every single mobs we kill. when too much currency is circulating to a country (server) it became worthless. (this has been proven to all MMORPG) the solution is make some silver gone for good by paying to NPC such as pet food, market tax, repairs, potions, enhancements, attributes and more…

but what I don’t understand was the trade restriction, if they wanted to prevent inflation then let player do as much trade on market they want… the more trade the more silver will go out for good. it doesn’t matter if there is silver Botters and RMT what’s important was the silver is getting out for good and inflation is being prevented.

there is NO way they can prevent RMT anyway. so WTF. I hope someone read this… @Staff_Julie

RMT will be there what ever they want… you can google search “buy silver on Tree of savior” and you can have information. so better don’t prevent it… just make it HARDER for them by increasing the level requirements.

2 Likes

Developer does things to prevent RMT from happening.

RMT continues.

Normal players take the hit and have to suffer through all the bullshit that the developer did to make RMTing harder.

It’s like devs and DRM all over again. When will they realize that the paying customer is more important. Also making the game so unwelcoming to free players is going to be ■■■■ for player acquisition. “Why can’t I trade with people?” “Why can I only list 1 item on the market?” “Why is the market tax 30%?” They’re going to get a bad first impression and are far less likely to spend money in the game.

7 Likes
  1. Silver needs to be account-bound, not character bound. No other way around it.

2. Player-to-player item trade restrictions need to go far, far away. You do NOT want to scare free players off. And they will spit and turn away when faced by situations like items dropping into their party members’ packs they CAN NOT exchange. Keep your silver locked for all I care, but for the love of , allow people to trade loot.

6 Likes

The next thing we hear is that you can trade loots in 5mins until it became part of usual trading rules haha

Even Diablo 3 allows several hours in a similar scenario.

You forgot to mention that wow is p2p… what makes IMC think they can really combat rmt in such a way when even the largest mmo, which is pay2play, has rmt? Smh

I’m not belittling on your ability. The game survive on players, there are bound to be players who are good at earning silvers, and those who are not.

The problem now is that it makes the game extremely inconvenient to those who are not really good at these aspect, which is actually most of the players.

Yes, the quitter will quit. Eventually every player will quit the game. The thing is, how do you let the player stays in the game as long as possible? The player will be quitting at a fast rate currently.

Also, this is not a topic on how good you are in earning money (we don’t really care). This is a topic on how this feature is unwelcoming to most players.

tl;dr: why should I waste time in a sht game.

just because 10 year old MMOs have RMT, and Players got used to that ■■■■, doesnt mean every future MMO has to cope with that RMT ■■■■. Counter Measures are welcome, just here in ToS they might be too strict.

1 Like

Restricting trade is a lazy solution against RMT.

Be honest, who is the trade restriction hurting more, the bots or the players? This is like the only mmo where you can’t do personal trades. It’s ridiculous, and they already acknowledged that the bots will still earn their money from silver selling anyways.

Yes well said, its lazy solution for RMT but IMC didn’t really care about impact on the normal players with their friends…
Either way RMT or Population will eventually ruin a MMO, its how active game events and game contents can push the game further…

This Tree of savior its shown indeed confirmed “P2W”, while token, market, dungeon and even trade you just need to pay to get more…

Want to restrict silver trade?

Then let’s call it barter.

bar·ter
ˈbärdər/
verb
exchange (goods or services) for other goods or services without using money.
“he often bartered a meal for drawings”
synonyms: trade, swap, exchange, sell
“they bartered grain for salt”
noun
the action or system of exchanging goods or services without using money.
“it will be paid for by a mixture of barter and cash”

Allow people to “give” or “exchange” items. :))

2 Likes