Tree of Savior Forum

Trade Restrictions

The excuse they made is hilarious… sadly as good of a game ToS is, it’s doomed. Well unless the RMT keeps them afloat because how RMT is profitting is because of their paywall, people can get token off player for cheaper then the BS price IMC is offering.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Unfortunately most players are casual and will not earn more than 200k before they quit the game.

2 Likes

IMC is hurting their game more than the gold sellers are. :joy:

9 Likes

The purpose of that TAX was to prevent inflation. remember that we print (money) silver every single mobs we kill. when too much currency is circulating to a country (server) it became worthless. (this has been proven to all MMORPG) the solution is make some silver gone for good by paying to NPC such as pet food, market tax, repairs, potions, enhancements, attributes and more…

but what I don’t understand was the trade restriction, if they wanted to prevent inflation then let player do as much trade on market they want… the more trade the more silver will go out for good. it doesn’t matter if there is silver Botters and RMT what’s important was the silver is getting out for good and inflation is being prevented.

there is NO way they can prevent RMT anyway. so WTF. I hope someone read this… @Staff_Julie

RMT will be there what ever they want… you can google search “buy silver on Tree of savior” and you can have information. so better don’t prevent it… just make it HARDER for them by increasing the level requirements.

2 Likes

Developer does things to prevent RMT from happening.

RMT continues.

Normal players take the hit and have to suffer through all the bullshit that the developer did to make RMTing harder.

It’s like devs and DRM all over again. When will they realize that the paying customer is more important. Also making the game so unwelcoming to free players is going to be ■■■■ for player acquisition. “Why can’t I trade with people?” “Why can I only list 1 item on the market?” “Why is the market tax 30%?” They’re going to get a bad first impression and are far less likely to spend money in the game.

7 Likes
  1. Silver needs to be account-bound, not character bound. No other way around it.

2. Player-to-player item trade restrictions need to go far, far away. You do NOT want to scare free players off. And they will spit and turn away when faced by situations like items dropping into their party members’ packs they CAN NOT exchange. Keep your silver locked for all I care, but for the love of , allow people to trade loot.

6 Likes

The next thing we hear is that you can trade loots in 5mins until it became part of usual trading rules haha

Even Diablo 3 allows several hours in a similar scenario.

You forgot to mention that wow is p2p… what makes IMC think they can really combat rmt in such a way when even the largest mmo, which is pay2play, has rmt? Smh

I’m not belittling on your ability. The game survive on players, there are bound to be players who are good at earning silvers, and those who are not.

The problem now is that it makes the game extremely inconvenient to those who are not really good at these aspect, which is actually most of the players.

Yes, the quitter will quit. Eventually every player will quit the game. The thing is, how do you let the player stays in the game as long as possible? The player will be quitting at a fast rate currently.

Also, this is not a topic on how good you are in earning money (we don’t really care). This is a topic on how this feature is unwelcoming to most players.

tl;dr: why should I waste time in a sht game.

just because 10 year old MMOs have RMT, and Players got used to that ■■■■, doesnt mean every future MMO has to cope with that RMT ■■■■. Counter Measures are welcome, just here in ToS they might be too strict.

1 Like

Restricting trade is a lazy solution against RMT.

Be honest, who is the trade restriction hurting more, the bots or the players? This is like the only mmo where you can’t do personal trades. It’s ridiculous, and they already acknowledged that the bots will still earn their money from silver selling anyways.

Yes well said, its lazy solution for RMT but IMC didn’t really care about impact on the normal players with their friends…
Either way RMT or Population will eventually ruin a MMO, its how active game events and game contents can push the game further…

This Tree of savior its shown indeed confirmed “P2W”, while token, market, dungeon and even trade you just need to pay to get more…

Want to restrict silver trade?

Then let’s call it barter.

bar·ter
ˈbärdər/
verb
exchange (goods or services) for other goods or services without using money.
“he often bartered a meal for drawings”
synonyms: trade, swap, exchange, sell
“they bartered grain for salt”
noun
the action or system of exchanging goods or services without using money.
“it will be paid for by a mixture of barter and cash”

Allow people to “give” or “exchange” items. :))

2 Likes

i think i made it pretty clear that i dont fully support the restrictions in ToS, but my point still stands. Counter Measures are welcome, but some restrictions IMC implemented are way too harsh, especially regarding 1:1 trade.

1 Like

it’s because people can actually get profits from investing monthly subs in WoW and they can actually thrive (farm bots -> sell to stupid people for real money)… Shows how Blizzard tolerates RMT of in-game currency… If i was into RMT, I’d scam all the fools who will avail, hopefully they’ll learn a thing or two…