Tree of Savior Forum

The reason why game is broken after Lvl 75

I guess you guys should check out this:

I actually just started over and within an hour or two I have a Peltasta almost to 30 in the goblin caves without having used a single card. I’m gonna attribute most of that to the 2x that’s going on, but still.

Again, it’s not about the player that should stop caring about levelling, it should be the developer that let players have fun either by letting them not caring about levelling, or have fun levelling.

Developer failed if the players felt bored while playing the game. A good game should NEVER be bored in any part of it, or it’s a chore and not a game anymore.

1 Like

Well i am one of these that quit at level 75 ish into the game at CBT.

One of the main reason is because of the wipe… i dont see a point for me to grind till no end and watch my progress being erased by the dev’s by a few button clicks.

Bugs / issues are not being fixed like seriously. IDK if the friend list is working now? like it was broken since day 1 of the CBT? Many will say that “ITS CBT BUGS EVERYWHERE” but to me… reading their patch notes, it seems like they are just taking their time to fix all these non-important bugs. If there is implications for fixing the bug, any simple acknowledgement would be perfect. “We understand that there is problem with the friend list, but due to … it cant be fixed at the moment… we seek for your understanding… alternatively you could perhaps request for their social media account and stay as friends =) , continuing to play together when the game release… blah blah” No acknowledgement = i dont know the fudge if its being fixed or not. (don’t flame me if its fixed, i kinda stopped like 2 weeks ago i ddint follow up :grinning:)

Maps in TOS… oh well… i cant even express how boring the maps are in the current state… (eyes rolling while i am thinking of it)

Hmm put it this way, when i was playing RO as a mage sitting in the field south of pontera. (yea that branch spamming area… so much fun) i spoke to a fellow wizard thats level 99. i asked how did he level and where should i level. he told me, if you are good enough you can try Geographer … that plant monster that dont move at all.

he did a smile emote and said to me “just firebolt the hell outta it, and watch your exp fly” … so i did as a level 40 mage… got my priest friend to tag along. AND BAM leveled like crazy, was it fun ? yes ! i am at a difficult area with funny mobs that chase me till no end, my priest friend would teleport away and come back to ress me when its safe.

same when i was playing a acolyte … GH chuchyard? that Cross in the middle where all the little aco gather and heal bomb Evil Druid / Wriath the hell away? Hunter fly? no worries ! fellow archer in party take cares of it, while we heal him =)
Some priest got lazy, party the acolyte and just Magnificat away. i cant imagine the amount of times i typed “HUNTER FLY OMG SAVE ME” everyone stood up and start doing their ■■■■ while i am running around like a lil bitch . fun? yes sure its fun.

TOS? hmm ok you got a party… OH ITS A XXX MOB, warrior smashed everything in sight… “ITS OK I AM SUPPORT!” looking for party… oh who the hell needs a party /insert “elitist joke”.

RO, when creating a novice… you will go around begging for ABK…(agi, bless, kyrie elesion) some kind hearted priest will follow you and heal / lex athena your mob for you… to deal double dmg…

TOS? oh sorry heal CD 30 seconds… wait please will ya?

just too many stuff TOS is lacking at the moment. i only wish our voices are heard, i might try the game when it goes live…

1 Like

Yeah, the feature is really limiting some of the interaction between players.

I doubt if RO is designed in such a way that those interaction became fun though. It’s just a fluke to me.

1 Like

And unless said ‘fun leveling’ is also fastest, I’m pretty damn sure it’ll still fail to be received by the ‘muh leveling speed’ people.

Fun is also subjective.
What is fun for you might not be fun for others.
Dev can’t make you enjoy the game, only you can do that.
The most they can do is offer options.
But again, if you don’t take those options, it’s never going to be fun for you.

There’s recipe like Goat Horn and Red Horn that requires large amount of material from something (Panto and Drake)
For some, they’ll grind those mobs to craft it and take joy when that happens, the level they got while doing so is secondary reward.
For others, they’ll look up those materials on the market, then go complain about having to grind past exp walls because they never had to grind before.

It was about 2000 drakes btw, which I only checked out of cusiosity after I crafted it, not counting as I keep grinding.

Those people who level’d fast and hit 200 in a week? That’s their goal in playing, it’s what is fun for them.
If following their most efficient grinding is not fun for you, then maybe it’s time you look at yourself and decide what is fun for you?

This is linked from the front page:

And it has been there since the start of beta, updated as they go.
So they are doing pretty much what you want them to do, what’s the problem here?
To me, the problem wasn’t them not acknowledging it since that link exist, it’s you not even looking if they did (again, that link is on front page)
(They also fixed the friend list btw)

2 Likes

Fun is subjective, but there is a bare minimum to achieve such that a higher amount of players feel fun in it.

The problem with the game now is only the non-casual player can felt fun in the game after playing for some time (2 weeks or so, seeing that’s when the number of people start to drop drastically).

2 Likes

Thanks for pointing out the fix for friend list.

Like i said, i stopped the game 2 weeks ago. and i can honestly tell you i was looking at the “known issue list” in the past nothing was mentioned about friend list and the party issue…

i agree with you most of the point you mentioned about. just perhaps in particular “grinding” or allowing players to level fast.

Assuming you played “RO” before i am pretty sure you know that game was infested with bots. But was the game dead even removing the “grind” aspect due to the help of bots?

No, people continued gathering in these “social” area, PVP, WOE, MVP hunting for these card that have a 0.01% drop rate. It was fun to level yourself at the start, to a point where the grinding seems to take forever, then bot comes into play…

And comes the day where they implemented a patch where it eradicated most of the bots out there, i still remember the patch name “Rise of AI” the player base dropped tremendously to the extend that everyone just stopped logging in.

i am not asking the game to become so simple that everyone can face roll and then just move on to another game. but it must still at least be reasonable and encourages party play.

Are you afraid that with that many classes and opportunity to mix and match the jobs it will destroy the game if leveling gets easier? the level cap can be 400 , 500, or even 999. there is just so many possibilities to try “new built” that people will never get bored of the game. Its up to the devs, to create “new” stuff to capture the players interest.

for example reborn system? after you hit level 400… you can “restart” your character and each stats will give you 0.2 percent more . (if you add 1 point into str for example, it will become 1.2 for “reborned” character.) well… for me i think i might stay at normal level 400… i dont need to be the “elitist” the elites can go for that path if they want. The game still not really broken for me. They put in the extra effort to re-level the character. i can still live with my normal 400 character.

What they will be bored is with the “grinding”. its the “first world problem” now people are used to being spoon fed, you need info? Google, Wiki. everything is there on the net. Check out your mobile application store > top grossing, understand the trend of why people pay to play these game…

Answer? = fast, they get to what they want fast, they want to be stronger fast. they level faster with more energy… they get stronger allies due to gachapon. i think many of us here dont want TOS to move to that direction given that they are free to play (at least from what i understand).

People loses interest real quickly if they don’t get to what they want soon. its a fact now, we can embrace it or try to fight it by saying “you can decide whats fun for you” yea for sure, i will go find another game. and eventually you will also quit this game because there is no casual player around.

No harm intended really, as much as i respect your idea of the game not being too easy to face roll and reach max level. the game must cater to both elites and casual players. and from a casual player point of view… grinding is too much for me, i will just move on to another game . Enjoy~

1 Like

Grinding is fun in this game? optimal route?
ROFL

Are we playing the same game?
Do you really have to find an optimal route when there is only one route anyway?
Do you really have fun farming mats when stats are useless anyway and you re gonna be decent just by buying white items from the shop?
Biased to the max, this game offer nothing interesting and it’s content is so poor you can already feel at level 30 it’s going nowhere. Casual or non casual nobody care. This game is poor in every sense of the word

1 Like

The Grind is real i hit 200 after 2 weeks and did alot of mistakes on my way. But guys real grind starts 165 + just to let you know XD.
Im fine with it but i can understand ppl who feel frustrated at some point. Actually i think there is a simple solution to make grinding more fun. Give every mob a usfull item drop. In Ragnarok it was the card drop 0.01%. Even with this tiny drop rate ppl kept grinding but not only for the sake of grinding. There was a another goal besides lvl up. Now TOS cant just take the card system because … idk. They have monster gems but their effekt is kinda mähhh not worth no intrested. The Amulets who give effekts like chance of 15% to increase dmg by 20% when enemy is knockbacked. These should be the “Card system” of TOS but they only drop from dungeons and Field Bosses. I would say add one for every monster in game"like cards in Ro" so ppl have a goal while grinding.

1 Like

bold font, size 720, sticky comment. shove it on the home page too & login screen.

lol i can already feel the grind for me at level 45 when i was in the chapel…

i think grinding would be fine for me if they remove the CD on spells…CD are way too long to even “grind” imo

as far as i know they lower cd because even korean ppl call the game “Tree of Autoattacks” or smt like that. Well idk how long you need for 1 lvl at lvl 45 but i needed at lvl 170 for 1 lvl 4+hour but 170 is rly hard cause bad spots.

1 Like

I need about 30 mins + at level 45 in chapel lol, due to me being a mage i guess… SP and sit. zzzzz

They still need to reduce the CD because honestly its still Tree of Auto attack at the moment.

my eyes roll so hard that i could see my brain everytime the spells are on CD. and they dare get me to “grind” thats uber disgusting. even maple fare better than them in terms of grinding.

they didnt lower cd till now but in future but dont expect a skill spam think it will maybe be 4-5 sec avarage and maybethe big cd 1min lower by 20sec

TLDR; Im playing a game thats known for having a grind but I don’t like grinding. Im leaving.

Cya…

That’s strange. Every mmo i’ve played in the last 4 years died in 2 weeks because everyone hit level cap in 2 week and quit. Don’t think i’ve seen any die because it required too much time lol

lol when i know this game for grinding i had RO images all over my head. but clearly its way worst than RO. Better off playing maple story.

1 Like

I don’t think I said grinding is fun…did you read my sentence wrong again in your blind rage?
If you mean my example about Red Horn, the joy was feeling of accomplishment when I crafted the thing, knowing this is all my own effort.

But that was me, I enjoy working something with my own effort.

How about you? What exactly is your fun?

As for your comment on one route, you know there’s people who got stuck at the 170-175 grind wall and still got to 200?
If there’s only one route how did they proceed? Afterall that one route would be grinding in prison until 161 OR 165 then use exp cards.

Lastly.
You know, going away is an option?
What make you stay here? If you feel the game is not going to offer anything fun for you, and the chance of dev listening to you is very slim since it comes off as someone with too much ego demanding all the world bow down to him, why not just go find some other game that you enjoy?
Me? I still enjoys the game so I’m staying, if/when it does bore me I’ll leave just like some other games I’ve done in the past.

@Mirarara Not all game is going to fit all crowds. And frankly given some of the key decisions in the game (not showing where quests are, some amount of grinding required and only become more at higher level) I don’t think it is aiming for that casual crowd to begin with.

1 Like

IMC Logic: Let’s make a game that they can have different 9999999 million characters but make it so boring even at the start that they just give up or level up only one.

IMC are just trying to do opposite things,obviously they will fail.

Years of hype for this,just sad.

4 Likes

RO/Maple where pretty bad at release too lol.

Hell if you prefer maple at launch. At level 40 your already getting 0.001 per mob on a stupid slime tree that has 40 people on it and you can only get like 1 mob. Totally better.