Tree of Savior Forum

The reason why game is broken after Lvl 75

The exact word you used was “outside” of your level range, which does not explicitly means ‘only’ lower level mobs either.

And pre-renewal RO had no exp penalties, ok. But if it was such a great idea (or at least it is to you), why is it that it was changed?
You say it started to go downhill, but the game is still up and running today so either it didn’t really go downhill that much or you’re the odd one out here.

Find players in it that are activelly playing is tricky.
Most uses bot.

thiner and thiner.

Never said RO was a perfect game . I just gave you an example of a game without a flat xp distribution that worked. Leveling in pre-renewal was 1000x times more diverse and fun that the 1 map only crap TOS is providing. 10 years Old RO started to be old and limited so a renewal was needed. The execution wasn’t exactly good.

But in the grinding department RO is so ahead of TOS it’s not even funny

1 Like

Yeah, but RO was growing old because there were barelly no begin game and mid game, the developers were only implementing content for the end game players (And they are still doing) who were whining that were bored and had nothing to do.

Quitting while the game is still on CBT2. lmao

0_0. :heart_eyes:

you have the good point…0_0. If dint do research, how they choose those classes?..0_0

If they dint do reseach,
Impossible they see that “Advance” button, Oh, Wugushi!.. sure is extreme nice. xD~

If they does search class skill. Why they dint just press “N” button or just click those move button the try entry some district site?(some high lvl map just nearby although you current lvl low).

may be current lvl you can’t do quests in those high lvl map but your “n” already auto recorded!
(so, when reach lvl requirement, just press “n” and seach those maps, if not what is the “n” button for? )

about lvl 1 to lvl 4 EXP cards, each lvl just 1 or 2 maps can go but about lvl 5 cards.

hmm, more then 5 or even higher?

For example. 1 map just got 15 cards, how many that lvl 5 cards can get compare the lvl 1 cards?:sunglasses:

More excuses.

Feel free to keep making them up.
And you might want to take off that nostalgia glasses, while there’s certainly many maps in RO when it comes to leveling fast people also ends up with pretty much specific route of (at level x go kill y)

Also, it’s ‘thinner’., I’m surprised you can spell everything else ok but failed at that.

It took them a much longer time before they arrive at a conclusion that this is the best route.

Basically the game starts to become boring once the most optimum route is found. The problem is, this will happen alot faster for ToS due to lesser choice.

I do agree RO became boring after you played it for 10 years as everyone already knew everything, but I think feeling bored after few weeks of CBT (assuming there will not be more choice after OBT) is just not desirable.

1 Like

LoL You got wrecked! I don’t need to add on! Good day sir!

Can we all agree that there are many things wrong with this game!
mechanic’s not working, linear as F, Some people may like or dislike it! EXP system from 1-200 is interesting with the barriers at certain levels. but the monsters EXP scaling is horrible. So regressing to older monsters is not viable cause you get penalized. Which is understandable but you must offer something in its replacement. Then people say its just a beta and not all the content is there. Which makes the grind that much more of a pain lol. I’ll suck it up!

I’m personally don’t not the biggest fan of being forced to quest and it gets super repetitive with the exception
of a few unique quest. These so called BOSSES are a joke and unstimulating and not exciting. But since questing is required for optimum leveling, i am forced to do it. like @Mirarara said it took a while for people figure out the optimum paths for leveling, but once discovered the game got boring. That’s exactly how i feel ATM.

End up seeing people saving EXP cards to not over level so they can still farm on monsters within there level range. When satisfied they will burn all there EXP cards in hope to pass these set barriers and pray they have more quest to continue.

i’m 128 and starting “Main Chamber” which the game wont give you the main story line again till your 127. Going to start saving my level 7 EXP card which give 140K each and us it when i get close 136 aka next barrier or the 186 wall. Most people will keep walking around like idiots trying to figure out what to do instead of being productive and leveling. But the game doesn’t give any indication on what to do next. and for new players this is very stressful i guess. therefor they rage quit.

FYI for people in the low 120 range needing to get to 127. assuming you Clicked N and did all the other options as well. Go to “Starving Demon Way” and kill level 123 Kepari. Best XP for base and for Class level.

Despite all this i will continue to play! and patiently wait for PVP! Tree of savior PVE is Meh at best. IMO

Glad a few people enjoyed that video i posted haha

1 Like

Some quests give stat points as well so they have a soft mandatory.

As a casual player, I knew absolutely nothing about the card system and that I should save exp cards. I spent them as soon as I got them, thinking that was a smart move. I didn’t realize later areas would jump 3 or more levels between each. I never even made it to level 75. My Hoplite is stuck on level 73, and my quest is on the 5f of the mausoleum or something like that, where the recommended level is 90 something. WTF

You can backtrack to some lower level maps and hope you still have un-discovered maps for quests in that level range. I did that as well, but thankfully I havent done the Gytis settlement up to the farm area during that time since I just followed the main quest. If not, then I guess grinding is your only hope.

Guess that’s a plus in the long run. Who knows if that will really make a difference once you reach level 600. A few stat points cant affect that much i would think. but o well

I feel you! Everyone had to endure this. xD
and as @Allos said:

FYI use the “N” key to locate area of your level that are not completed. LoL

Until you stop caring about ‘optimal leveling’ then nothing will ever be fun for you.

After all you’re essentially putting yourself on that linear path someone else made.

Then you’ll say ‘game is linear’, completely oblivious of the rest of the world, because even if someone points it out you’ll complain about not getting best exp and go back to walking mindlessly on the ‘safe’ road.

Say, is the gear you use even from yourself finding them or you just bought it off someone else because time is oh so precious to you and must use them to grind more?

Well, if leveling is the only thing in your life then that’s fine, if you enjoy that leveling up effect that’s up to you.

I guess you guys should check out this:

I actually just started over and within an hour or two I have a Peltasta almost to 30 in the goblin caves without having used a single card. I’m gonna attribute most of that to the 2x that’s going on, but still.

Again, it’s not about the player that should stop caring about levelling, it should be the developer that let players have fun either by letting them not caring about levelling, or have fun levelling.

Developer failed if the players felt bored while playing the game. A good game should NEVER be bored in any part of it, or it’s a chore and not a game anymore.

1 Like

Well i am one of these that quit at level 75 ish into the game at CBT.

One of the main reason is because of the wipe… i dont see a point for me to grind till no end and watch my progress being erased by the dev’s by a few button clicks.

Bugs / issues are not being fixed like seriously. IDK if the friend list is working now? like it was broken since day 1 of the CBT? Many will say that “ITS CBT BUGS EVERYWHERE” but to me… reading their patch notes, it seems like they are just taking their time to fix all these non-important bugs. If there is implications for fixing the bug, any simple acknowledgement would be perfect. “We understand that there is problem with the friend list, but due to … it cant be fixed at the moment… we seek for your understanding… alternatively you could perhaps request for their social media account and stay as friends =) , continuing to play together when the game release… blah blah” No acknowledgement = i dont know the fudge if its being fixed or not. (don’t flame me if its fixed, i kinda stopped like 2 weeks ago i ddint follow up :grinning:)

Maps in TOS… oh well… i cant even express how boring the maps are in the current state… (eyes rolling while i am thinking of it)

Hmm put it this way, when i was playing RO as a mage sitting in the field south of pontera. (yea that branch spamming area… so much fun) i spoke to a fellow wizard thats level 99. i asked how did he level and where should i level. he told me, if you are good enough you can try Geographer … that plant monster that dont move at all.

he did a smile emote and said to me “just firebolt the hell outta it, and watch your exp fly” … so i did as a level 40 mage… got my priest friend to tag along. AND BAM leveled like crazy, was it fun ? yes ! i am at a difficult area with funny mobs that chase me till no end, my priest friend would teleport away and come back to ress me when its safe.

same when i was playing a acolyte … GH chuchyard? that Cross in the middle where all the little aco gather and heal bomb Evil Druid / Wriath the hell away? Hunter fly? no worries ! fellow archer in party take cares of it, while we heal him =)
Some priest got lazy, party the acolyte and just Magnificat away. i cant imagine the amount of times i typed “HUNTER FLY OMG SAVE ME” everyone stood up and start doing their ■■■■ while i am running around like a lil bitch . fun? yes sure its fun.

TOS? hmm ok you got a party… OH ITS A XXX MOB, warrior smashed everything in sight… “ITS OK I AM SUPPORT!” looking for party… oh who the hell needs a party /insert “elitist joke”.

RO, when creating a novice… you will go around begging for ABK…(agi, bless, kyrie elesion) some kind hearted priest will follow you and heal / lex athena your mob for you… to deal double dmg…

TOS? oh sorry heal CD 30 seconds… wait please will ya?

just too many stuff TOS is lacking at the moment. i only wish our voices are heard, i might try the game when it goes live…

1 Like