Archer
Have no basic damage
Have no mana
Have no health
Have no shields
Have no heals
Have no dash
Have no anything

You should really try out those classes by yourself before talking something. Archer only has damage when spamming skills yet the class’ standard SP is too low. One should rely on it’s dodge, yet it scales really, really bad.

1 Like

I have a Archer Quarrell shooter c3 man. i have 2spr:1con:1str:1dex and. You already know sp is an issue and yet you dont put spr. Are you planning on using sp pots forever? And you still tried to push on dex and str. SPR and CON are there for a reason try to use them and don’t blame them game because your build doesnt work.
People always aim for max damage, then die with a single aoe from a boss. haha

Whoa, you must excel at PVP with that low accuracy and low dodge of yours. Spamming skills isn’t what archer was made for. If that’s what IMC wants to do with this game then they’ll dissapoint A LOT of main archers. Everyone recognizes STR and DEX scaling is a problem in this game. Assuming this “Full SPR” will be your definite build when the game actually comes out, you’ll be absolutely demolished by pretty much any class.

I read that gibberish of archer being a mage with a bow somewhere else too, and I also disagree with their thought.

That is why IMC Games implemented the feature that allows all players to make their own build, because if they are dying so much to a boss, or running out of sp too quickly, they can spend a point in CON/SPR on the next levels for a change.

How did my build became full spr? haha. I would really like to dodge magic and i think i might miss on mages on pvp. With 0 CD stone shooter, sure my build will suck. haha. Anyway, it’s still on CBT we don’t know what may change in the future. Good luck with your squishy archer. haha

Finally, a person who can understand how stats work. Cheers!

there is tons of debates on this… as a mage here… spending stats on INT is not really worth it .

Con/Spr > Int for mages… well yea people say if you got 300 Int you will see the difference. My point would be probably going into 300 Con … tank mage ftw…

1 Like

I think lots of people are missing the point of your post here.

I believe he is trying to bring to the attention that there will be a HUGE loss in players playing the game if it continues on the way it is right now. Yes there will be that group of people that will continue to play to max level, but what IMC needs is a community and a reason for players to keep retention to the game.

They can’t and shouldn’t spoon feed the leveling for people.

They should definitely have a sense of difficulty in the process, but making the casual players take 3 months to hit level 200+ as opposed to the hardcores taking a week isn’t a smart path to walk through. There has to be some sort of solution to not make the casual players fall so far behind that it will be quite impossible to keep up with the game.

Take WoW for example. Leveling is quick and easy, but there is a ton of End Game content. This balances the casual players to be able to keep up with the hardcores, but not so much with what the hardcores are getting during end game. End Game has so much content to keep the hardcores busy, and leveling is at an adequate speed that the casual players can at least enjoy the end game at their pace.

I am in no ways saying they should follow the line of WoW, it’s just that their market is doing well for a reason and retaining their player base pretty steadily still.

Also, in RO they had the brilliant idea of Reborn’ing! This gives the sense of accomplishment for the players to get max level, and start back down at level 1 but with huge boosts in stats. The game feels refreshed, and you’re still very much tied to the character you created. Leveling picks back up, and players feel the good fast leveling again without feeling that they are losing any time.

It’s like rerolling a new character, but not really.

This will also give the chance for casual players to party with people that are much farther along than they are, but lets them feel like they are contributing.

The GREAT upside to a reborned character is that free stat reset.

You learn the mistakes you made in the first level through, and now you can fix those mistakes from level 1. Say you wished you went more STR at the beginning instead of pumping your CON. NOW is your chance to take that information you learned and reapply it without having to reroll a new character.

Anywho.

If the game starts to go in a wrong direction then they can definitely lose a solid 50% of their player base by that alone. If that happens? ToS will likely have to shut their doors.

There needs to be a good pace in leveling, especially if there will be 500+ levels. IMC wants all players to be able to experience all of the content, and if they put a road blocker at a point during the leveling process people will likely just drop the game.

We don’t want that.

The game is fun, the mechanics feel good, the controls are spectacular on a controller. It has so much potential. They just need to think about how they can sustain the player base at this point, and balance out stat distribution really.

3 Likes

The game seems really empty based on how it was on the closed beta beggining.
Beside the 2x exp event seems to have saved it a bit.

1 Like

It reaches a point where everyone knows the wipe is going to happen, so the only people left are the people that IMC wants, which are the people playing to test the game for bugs.

5 Likes

hmm,

Well, I don’t think is the status. I din’t try archer in this beta. So, I can’t say much about this class.

But, I’m personal character now is lvl 150, Pyro R3, and Sor R1. Full Int (Die quite many times, especially at that Demon Prison Map). I ok with it.

Since is beta, and you feel this archer class din’t fit you to enjoy it. Why won’t you try other class.
There is so many class out there.

*I got seen some archer over 200+ thought. They din’t complain about it. They just said ( Just do it, ). When I met that player.

May be this class din’t suit you personal. Try other classes. (actually I got trying Peltasta.) It fit me though. :sunglasses:

Maybe you din’t met other hardcore online game(who know?). :smirk:

And lucky this game can let you add your status point randomly.

You got try Steam’s game call?

“Spiral Knight”

This game don’t have healer class(NO HEAL FROM PLAYER). No lvling. No mana.

No auto Regen heal bar(need use Capsule to add health, max you carry is just 3). No mana,

Boss are d@mn hard if you met those noob (solo better).

May be you should try that game. After you try this “Spiral Knight”. Then you will said or maybe on your mind will said. Oh, ToS Game is Heaven, Not like hell as “Spiral Knight”.

No heal, no cure, no evasion, Stupid auto hardcore auto lock rocket in T3 with burn effect (D@mn OP burning effect will instant kill you). :sunglasses: Cheer man.

It’s usually this or the “No, i’ve done every quest” argument. And then you find out that they’ve not discovered/explored three maps that have quests for their level range. <_<

Here is what OP’s point is:
“EXP cards increase exponentially, but it suddenly decreases in growth and that is a concern.”
“Alternatives to EXP cards are significantly less rewarding.”

There’s no reason to give arguments like “oh you’re doing it wrong” and “it was like this in [other game I don’t know about]”. To the general player in Tree of Savior, this is what they see. What they see is annoying, not exciting.

Tree of Savior shows off its key feature as “80 classes to play!” but with progression like that, it’s difficult to get motivated to play more than one tree since they will advance the same way. People are going to get stuck in Starving Demon’s Way or Demon Prison District 2 or similar areas like that regardless of if their class is optimal against the mobs in those areas because it is the most efficient way to “grind” with the mobs’ exp values.

More people will crash than the ones that don’t and that’s what’s going to give Tree of Savior a difficult time, even more so than what it’s gone through now. If the EXP cards had the correct growth, pacing would be less of a problem but there still remains alternatives to EXP cards that do not look appealing to the general player unless IMC Games puts more effort into it.

p.s.

[quote=“lee_chunyuan, post:233, topic:118984”]
You got try Steam’s game call?

"Spiral Knight"
[/quote]you mean that game that turned its back on those kinds of players, rammed their cash currency straight into the ground, then put in three years of hats for the “casual” players you’ve been complaining about? wwwwww

Um for all you know thats exactly what IMC wants their archer to be. That is their decision not yours lol. I have no problem playing my archer skill based sapper traps everywhereeeeeeee!

LOL the more you talk the more you derail from the topic. And your arguments also become worse.

People are again telling other they are noob because they didn’t find every single wonderful quest to level up and they instead want alternative such as grinding.

You guys thinks level cap is the problem and not the total lack of map, content and fun things to do in some level range? The game could have a 50 level cap it would still be crap.

I am also reading people are noob for having terrible builds? lol. Build doesn’t even matter. People go SPR on almost every char except OP swordman not because it’s effective but because all stats are so useless you re better off increasing slightly your SP regen/pool than grabbing +1 dmg that won’t matter anyway. And SPR contribution to your char is so terrible it just speak volumes about how useless the other stats are. Unless you pump 50 points of SPR you won’t even notice you can spam your skills a bit more.

It doesn’t matter anyway. People massively abandonning the game few days after the beta launch + the silent word to mouth will destroy TOS if nothing is done. Better come back in 2 years and see if this game become decent

2 Likes

wowo, calm down. Just to compare only. This game is much more better then many online games already. :sweat_smile:

As you can see the EXP cards number, lvl 4 : +22860 & lvl 5 : +24571
When we see now, it really felt something uncomfortable.

But, if think deeper.
total lvl 4 exp cards, and total lvl 5 cards that you can get.

Then you will know the answer. :sunglasses: Cheer. No harm here :sunglasses:

In my opinion, the whole EXP Cards system is a failure. The grinding become about how well you manage your EXP Cards, And the fact that the exp progression “resets” on some arbitrary levels also contribute to make the grinding more inconsistent.
In the end, the grinding experience can range from “wonderful” to “abysmal” just based on how you manage your EXP Cards and those who don’t know how to do it properly gets punished. While players who knows will keep the cards and just spam them to skip the “problem levels” (the ones before the “progression reset”).

The exp for quest should be given right when you finish the quest and the EXP progression should be reworked to remove those “resets” and become more smooth.

I’m just so surprised that there’s people who thinks it’s so hard to level up at lower levels.
I cried in Demon Prison.
Thread 10/10.

Its ok, I fully and completely expect the game to have founders packs where you pay upwards of 150 dollars for a ton of cash shop currency, special outfits, and of course, timed exp scrolls. Korean mmo afterall.