Tree of Savior Forum

KinoSummoner Discussion

The combo i use now, is TK + Sleep / PP / Earthquake rinse repeat, don’t lose that much

What I’m meaning is that you’ll stop doing that once SorcC2. I know it, I went there :stuck_out_tongue: (Played PyroKinoC2-Sorc-Alche during iCBT2)
Basically, you’ll stop being this active (which would uselessly hasten the sp drain) and let your devil do the majority of the work. That’s why I say Pyro/Cryo were better, instead of going PP in the melee, you’ll support your summon with pyro/cryo-kino combo when there is a need for burst dmg.

But since your topic is titled “KinoSummoner”, why not going wizC3/Necro ?
Sorc C3 is bad but Necro C2 is good, especially if you’re not that interested into Warlock.

Why wiz c3? if im going this route wouldn’t it make more since for kino c3 / necro c2?.

Its hard for me to drop the idea of summoner, but if its going to be less viable due to my choices then, i would consider necro but i don’t much like the idea of c3 wizard magic missile seems like its not going to help me that much considering the other attack skills i already have and Quickcast while nice im not sure if its worth dropping a psychokino rank

KinoC3-NecroC2 would work too but, again, you’ll lose the advantage of your WizC2 rank which is basically a step to WizC3.

So for min maxing purposes, im pretty much pigeon holed into wiz c3? otherwise making the c2 in itself inneffective in comparison to lets say cryo or pyro

Lets talk Chrono/Kino, what did you have in mind when you suggested that?

Yes, if you are as hopelessly rigid as me, wizC2 is a lost rank if you don’t go wizC3.

Not saying that KinoC3-NecroC2 wouldn’t work, I can totally see Raise/Gravity_Pole being good support for your skellys or your skellys aggroing for your PP/TK.

About ChonoKino, I wasn’t thinking about anything particular.
Chrono is a pure CC/support class, and it will work well with lots of other classes. And it’s a fun class. As a Kino, you may simply like being perma-haste.

edit :
Found back a nice video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjQ0smU0aP4
Note that you can’t have Haste+Skeletons anymore.

nope your wiz 2 works as well…surespell helps that your psy pressure and pole wont be interrupted…good if you go full con and dont wanna experiment with bosses too much…as in sitting there waiting for pressure to be up all the time…and youll be in plenty situations when surespell is useful…tho its argueable to go wiz 3 as well - quickcast is nice and all but you got channel spells…your quickcast wont last forever…and you have to cast it over and over and over…kinda annoying…but ya youll have 50% more overall damage on your skills if you bother to keep it up…tho it runs out during psy pressure so a couple hits wont get any benefit at all

So what is your take on Kino c3/ Sorc c2?, from what the gentleman above said, it dosn’t seem like the two classes synergize very well at all. This has given me a lot to contemplate as far as my build idea’s for sorcerer go, necromancer seems like a good tree.

Chrono/Kino looks interesting, the spells look neat, but creating a build can be really confusing especially for a new player. i appreciate all the advice

kino c3 and sorc isn bad at all…the psy is a dps powerhorse by himself…you can clear the whole content with him and youll never encounter any problem…hard to find classes to compliment him (sure cryo is nice bla bla) but if you wanna try it go for it - if sorc is fun for you then just take it…just telling you that a psy 3 is ok in terms of dps - and his skills scale perfectly to go full con cause you wont even feel the int much and probably die alot solo…and youll need con in party play anyway…well not really need but it makes life easier

I don’t know if this changed since ICBT2, but Reflect Shield has always been enough for me.
It’s Kino job to kite the mobs so that they’ll always be in front of him.

@brainey_boy
If I can give you one final advice, just follow your guts and make a class that you’ll enjoy playing.

you got probs against immune mobs tho where stun doesn work - one interrupt = trouble long cd etc… if he/she doesn like the compelte cryo path then going wiz 2 is actually okay

Something i was toying around with,
how does this look ?

You have kino for your utility / wiz 3 for buffs / and then two levels in Sorc for summons completed with rune caster.

essentially combat will look like this, you have teleport for positioning / might change out PP for swap / buff your summon with rune of giant keep quick cast activated spam magic missile / rune of justice / rune of destruction.

I am completely new to this game though, so im not sure how much mana this would eat or if RoG even works on summons

I don’t think that RoG work on summons… Not that it would be that useful, you can resummon/morph your summon when its HP are low.
Plus, you would lose PP stun attribute (PsychoC2) and would not really benefit from Quick Cast attribute as a Sorc.

I think that people mainly use Rune Caster for Cryokino combo… (Don’t really know that class)

Wow, i really missed the mark on that one :P, good to discuss though helping my idea of how the different classes work, i completely missed the c2 PP stun attribute too. I am trying to find a work around for what looks interesting, but it usually requires leaving kino c2 instead of c3 without does not sound helpful at all, might as well have not taken kino in the first place if im not going to max it for the gravity pull and raise.
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/oy3i61jyzy/

Was thinking something like this
But, no matter how you look at it feels like i have too many things all over the place.

Looking into it, if i was to drop the summoner tree completely and balance out picking wiz 2 if seems like Warlock compliments runecaster/ and kino c3 nicely.
Lots of map maniplation / coupled with static ground attack skills. RC is just the icing on the cake, also could probably find points in swap to synergize with pole of agony and invocation. can stack them ontop of eachother and swap said mob/player into them follow up with TK for the stun bounce, and then sleep for another additional 10 seconds of sustained damage + followup with RoD/ Roj w/e looking at the damage numbers and crunching a little bit of math you would be hard pressed to find anything that is going to survive that combo again though just theory crafting in practicality i don’t know how these skills work 100% just going off of videos etc.

It also saves me the trouble of having to spec into mutiple ranks to achieve the full potential of the skills making wiz 2 seem like a better choice

Thinking about it, i probably don’t need PP if i was to run this build because magnetic force / and gravity pull pretty much do the same thing which free’s up points for swap.

Now you’ll have to suffer 8s cast time with Rune Caster :stuck_out_tongue:
Better replace RC with Wiz3 for Quick Cast attribute :wink:

The only area i would be suffering though, is the warlock abilities no? the rest of the other DPS abilities are channeled. or does casting speed affect the speed of the channel? but that dosn’t really matter anyway does it seeing as the cd will be the same after the channel anyway.

And is the cast time that detrimental given surespell? pop surespell / cc / high cast time abilities and then followup with your other spells

You’re missing the point.
You have a choice between adding 50% dmg to your PsychoWarlock skills (+ Magic Missile) or adding some 8s CT, big ACD skills.
First is better.

Don’t lose yourself in mismatched class combinations. Keep it simple, logic.

Would it be viable to switch out Warlock for RC?, looking at the play styles i think i like RC better, but i can’t find any reliable information on them. apart from a few youtube videos and badly worded descriptions.