Tree of Savior Forum

The early access needs an EU server

This is the same as do you ask to your father to take him to the park, even if he is full of work to do…

Seriously? The game launch is day 29, you really think that people will agree for then to postpone the launch? They already have many data to work on, surely they will know that Europe needs a server at least closer to then.

Let me just point this out at the start because it seems that it escaped you:
a.) Im not arguing against EU servers
b.) Im not american and i want EU servers as well
That being said:

I digress. I absolutely agree that companies should just invest into/hand out things without any reasoning, justification or arguments. Thats how our world works afterall.

• Brings up dead games to prove that mmos are not meant to be crowded.
  • Honestly asks how i could rationalize that mmos are by design crowded.
    My face, literally:

Yeah well, try to figure out the connection between an mmo being dead and not crowded.

I literally started my post with this, both this one and the one you are replying to, but dont let that bother you too much.

Good argument, except for the fact that we are not traveling, we are gaming.
But spot on otherwise.

I dont know if you noticed but this game is not ran by a multi billion corporation with entire server-parks at their disposal in multiple countries.

Lol, you were the one who said that there are people arguing against this. I asked you to show me a few of them, now you are all like “yeah, lets hear who those peeps are”.
Oh and ofc im also arguing against the opening of EU servers. Except you know… im not.

P.s.: Make yourself familiar with the word “counterproductive”. Its literally what you are doing when you are adding random, stupid, unhinged comments to an otherwise perfectly working, understandable and rational argument.
We want an EU server because we do not wish to have a halfway unplayable game with 400 pings and events hosted in GMT-10. Thats all there is to it. Its not about cultural differences, “choice” (jesus…) or language.

2 Likes

Go on the reddit, search any topic and they will say: “Eu servers are getting X update later, cause they are our largest.” Not hard to find.

actually people dont want to play tera on EU because of gameforge, so more population on other servers means nothing xD

Ok, I have no idea how cultural arguments started in this thread, nor will I attempt to find out. The only reason I want EU servers is because of the ping. Who’s with me?

3 Likes

I mean yeah, why lose on play styles we can try out, bc of ping.
There is no way I can play an AA archer and not lose on DPS with 140ms ping to eastern US, but if they open an EU server located somewhere in western Europe, I could have 40ms from eastern Europe.

There are a lot more reasons than just ping…

Thats why I’m suggesting at least something like this, to make sure the AA builds wont suffer having a high ping:

You can’t be serious…

It’s more about cheap workarounds than profound programming solutions - the thing the programmers of IMC seem to prefer :wink:

Seems more like a “patch up the problem” than an actual fix, to me at least.

Thats exactly what it is! A cheap, dirty workaround. And thats what makes it practicable! New servers are expensive, boooh! - IMC’s mindset.

Well you got a point there. :grin: However, I hope IMC has enough faith in their product to open more servers as it’s beyond proven at this point that the playerbase (and now we’re not even talking about the potential playerbase, which is much larger) is more than enough to keep several regional servers alive.

“Hey our game is good, and there’s a ton of interested players from all over the world, surely opening more servers is a good investment as if it’s successful the revenue generated will be massive!” - (what should be) IMC’s mindset.

(Like I wrote in another thread, have faith in your product IMC).

Yeah, that’s like creating complicated workarounds for simple problems that shouldn’t exist in the first place…

yes pleaseeeeee

na ping is so painful when playing classes that rely on low latency like archer

its near impossible to get good returns on the archers passive that stacks defense reduc since it wears off before the server reads your repeated attacks on same target
also the attack speed buffs with kneeling shot and running shot are not even noticeable when your ping is higher than 90 (which it will definately be for anyone in EU)
its a shame :frowning:

I have no idea what I should do. I want to play so bad, but I also want to show them that they can’t just **** up european players and hope we’ll just take it deep and silently.

:rage:

Need euro tos!!!

Give. European. Server. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Another European player (from Portugal to be exact) that would really like an European server.

For the time being I’m waiting on the founder’s pack, to see if we get any news regarding the EU server.

The game looks really good, looking forward to playing it.

1 Like