Tree of Savior Forum

The early access needs an EU server

IMC, since you are using AWS please provide at least 2 servers when the early access starts, one physically located in the US and one in Europe. I and all of my friends would love to get the 50$ package to show our support, but not if we have to play on an american server with bad ping.
You need to provide this from the get go, because the headstart is useless if you have to restart on a f2p server later on just to get better latency.
Also steam players will expect this and get really mad when they find out. I played the game on my recent Korea trip and i played in iOB and i can tell you there is a HUGE difference if you have 30ms or 200ms ping.
The founders pack already is a controversal decision on its own, but your polls have clearly shown that your biggest player base is not from the US but from EU so don’t make that mistake and scare away nearly half your players.

140 Likes

I remember there is a post said 90% is Brazillian. Oh well, might be misread.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

3 Likes

With this US East Cost 250ms+ Latency server, we really need an EU located server.

4 Likes

We need a European server . Ping to US servers over 250ms.

2 Likes

We surely need European server. Is it actually possible to make a poll to understand, how many players are willing to play on EU server?

We need this! #eurotos #tosforall

1 Like

After iOBT there was a poll asking people some questions about the game and one was where they come from. if i am not wrong EU was around 35%, US around 30%, Br around 25% and the rest was random countries around the globe. I sadly cannot access the poll anymore so while i am not sure about exact numbers it was very clear that EU was the biggest chunk.

Back when they made a poll about the self publish they also asked where the servers should be located and gave a few options. The only option located in EU was in the UK but it still won in the poll.

These two polls should already show them where the majority of the player base really is.

I’m ready to hop onto the EU server anytime. Latency is an issue.

Also, I have recently had the chance to play on an EU-only server on another game and I was incredibly satisfied with the player base, compared to US based “international” servers.

1 Like

Im fine to pay 50$ for the EA, but only with EU Servers. I already have a Korean account and can play with lag if i want :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Still, having no eu server while there are 4 US ones is a skull ****. Who on their side thought that this was a good idea?
Im already having flashbacks of ragnarok online’s jumping around the screen.

2 Likes

I tested Helm Chopper on a korean server to see how long the stun lasts and most of the time I had different results

helm chopper basically attacks twice and each of both attacks can apply a 2s stun. not 100% chance

so it should be either:

1 out of 2 hit stuns
both hits procc stun

whenever both hits procced the stun, the stun duration was refreshed instead of stacked

anyways, I compared the stun duration and sometimes it would stun for 2s, 2,5s, 2,9s and 3,2s

my conclusion is that server ping matters. this could either mean that EU players on US server will have a longer stun duration or the other way around.
(most likely EU>US)

Let’s assume the first hit from helm chopper lands and proccs stun, the debuff would appear and after 0,5-2s, the second hit from helmchopper would land, refreshing the stun.

depending on when the second hit lands (due to lag), the stun duration will be either shorter or longer.

i tested this by recording how I use helm chopper and deleting all frames w/o a stun debuff icon

hope you can follow me :smiley:
(mentally)

Direct ping to amazon server from Moscow

10:38:59 [~]
artur@artur-office % ping ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com [pts/0]
PING ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242): icmp_seq=1 ttl=43 time=122 ms
64 bytes from ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242): icmp_seq=2 ttl=43 time=123 ms
64 bytes from ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242): icmp_seq=3 ttl=43 time=122 ms
64 bytes from ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242): icmp_seq=4 ttl=43 time=122 ms
64 bytes from ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242): icmp_seq=5 ttl=43 time=122 ms
64 bytes from ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242): icmp_seq=6 ttl=43 time=123 ms
64 bytes from ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com (54.88.25.242): icmp_seq=7 ttl=43 time=122 ms
^C
ec2-54-88-25-242.compute-1.amazonaws.com ping statistics —
7 packets transmitted, 7 received, 0% packet loss, time 6007ms
rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 122.142/122.501/123.317/0.510 ms

very nice ^)

Неплохо, однако. Везёт.

I remember voting for 2 of those polls, one of them had the BR community as the biggest. EU was also behind US.

Not that this changes anything, we have 3 big regions with good amazon servers, yet they ask us to pay U$ 50 and we can’t even transfer characters later.

1 Like

Don’t want to upset you, but you ping wrong server…
Не хочу тебя огорчать, но ты пингаешь не тот сервер…
http://cloudharmony.com/speedtest-latency-for-aws:ec2-us-east-1

241 ping…
Well, unless they find a way to compensate for this somehow, its going to be ragnarok’s screen jumping all over again.
Screw founder packs, everyone should just wait and listen to how things turn out. The game might be completely unplayable at this point for anyone not sitting next to a server.

The idea of giving us 4 servers and 0 for the eu still pisses me off though. Like well ****ing done guys, you just nuked a whole continent because of unknown reasons. Maybe korean racism against europe.

4 Likes

Completly true, i would agree to pay a fixed price (price that is justified), but if it is for just lagging on NA server because we are in EU, and with no announcement on possible character transfer later …

M’okay. Too much unknown points for me, i’m actually looking back my purchase…

I just can’t understand why we can’t get a EU server, is this damn complicated to understand that we can’t do some invest in a game that tell us NOTHING. You’re politics has a lack of communication.

(Soz for my bad english :wink: )

Тот самый :slight_smile: (the same address)
Я его пингую из консоли, а не через скрипт из html страницы.
(I ping it from the console, not through a script from html pages. )

IP Address Country Region City
54.88.25.242 United States Virginia Ashburn

NetRange: 54.72.0.0 - 54.95.255.255
OriginAS: AS16509
Organization: Amazon Technologies Inc.

We need this server! #eurotos

1 Like