Tree of Savior Forum

The early access needs an EU server

I have played hundreds of MMOs. Here’s a couple of very good reasons why separate servers on a different continent are really important. Especially region locked ones.

• Ping. It’s very important that everyone can have a smooth and stable connection to the game.

• Language. I’m sure all of you Americans don’t want to hear me speaking all my European languages as much as I don’t want to see people speaking Spanish because I can’t get anything out of seeing that. It doesn’t add anything to the game at all to see people speaking in languages that you do not understand.

• No overcrowding. It’s nice to play with friends and strangers but if we’re all forced to play in the one place it’s going to get too crowded and laggy no matter what.

• The choice. It’s nice to feel wanted and to feel that you have the choice and that the developers care about people from other regions, enough to know that we get our own server.

• Cultural differences. A lot of things that Americans/Asians/etc (i.e. different cultures and continents) care about is different to what Europeans/etc. care about. It’s nice to have servers with people with whom you are more familiar with their culture and background.

• Localised support. It’s very important to get support in your own language and this is easier if we have support people working in servers that are specific to our cultures and demographics.

• Because you have no good reason why there shouldn’t be more servers. Too little servers is a bad thing. So is too many but adding a few EU servers to fix the issues I explained above isn’t going to hurt anyone. There’s already a huge majority of Americans playing already so you are going to have plenty of people to play with if us Europeans decide we want to play with other Europeans.

1 Like

‘‘What I don’t understand is why NA is bothered by a EU server.’’ Spamming the whole forum asking for a European server , and they already have said that they will discuss about it …

1 Like

No one is forcing you to read these posts. Just give us what we want and we’ll stop asking!

1 Like

No one is forcing you to read my comments. Just give me what i want and i will stop complaining! =)

What you are complaining about is not important at all. A forum is exactly for this kind of thing. So that kind of failed logic doesn’t slide with us.

So, i don’t think that forums are made to spam the same whole thing everywhere.

It’s not spam and it’s not a complaint either.
Ppl are spamming complaints everywhere about trade, storage etc but we can’t ask for a EU server in a dedicated topic… If we don’t post here then IMC won’t know how important it is for us. Yes, they are considering, but they wouldn’t be considering if no one would ask for a EU server, now would they?
You know I had nothing against playing on the NA server if ping wouldn’t have been an issue or the lack of information regarding a possible transfer, but now I am really starting to resent it. Instead of being greatful that you have an NA server you have to start complaining about people less fortunate. It’s really selfish.

1 Like

‘‘Instead of being greatful that you have an NA server you have to start complaining about people less fortunate.’’ I m going to play this game with 300 ping, and you are complaining about 150 in a Early Access?

*Instead of being greatful that you atleast can play the game with just a little amount of lag… For sure that EU people want a EU server, but you don’t think for a EA it’s asking alot? They already said that they will discuss about it …

If the same thing is being posted everywhere by different people it means that it’s an issue that should be addressed and that is what a forum is for. Just do yourself a favour and walk away and don’t walk into threads with this topic again because no one cares if you think that people are spamming. We want an EU server. Deal with it.

If no one cares what you are talking about?

Alot of different people are complaining about EU topics, so what you are talking about? Besides Narcissistic is also Hypocrite too?

If you are not from NA then you wanting us to shut up makes no sense. If you will have a bad ping, why do you want me to have it as well? Wouldn’t it be better to ask IMC for servers for every region well respresented? That way everyone has a fair gaming experience. I’d have 170 ping to be exact and I’m not complaining, I’m just asking IMC to open a EU server because it’s a resonable thing to do. It’s not that I couldn’t play with 170 ping for a month, but if after a month or two or three I’d have to move to an EU server without the possibility of a transfer that would be really inconvenient for me as I don’t have a lot of free time and the time (and money) I’d invest here matters.
170 is better than 300, but still bad. I’m in all my right to ask for a good experience and I won’t stop asking for it cause there are worse situations.

1 Like

‘‘Wouldn’t it be better to ask IMC for servers for every region well respresented?’’ No, they are selling founder SERVER not founder servers, srry but if then choose US probably they had a reason. And they already have said that they will discuss about it…
But for a OPB or Launch the situation is totally different.

OBut they said already there would be more than 1 server for the 29, or worlds sorry I’m not that familliar with their terms. For CBT we had 4 and it was still very laggy so I don’t think there could be less for the EA. So knowing there will be at least 4 it’s a little hard to understand why all 4 must be NA.
My problem with migrating later is that they said transfer won’t be allowed. If they rectify that, even if they charge us for the transfer, I don’t mind to start playing on 170 ping. But now they left us a bit up in the air. We don’t know yet if we’ll have a EU server (or when) and we don’t know if we could transfer at a later date.

1 Like

Yep it’s true srry for boring.

In the FAQ they seem to always talk in plural but let’s wait for an official notice which I hope will come soon.
But considering CBT had 4 and they were overwhelmed I think EA will have accomodate even more players.

1 Like

Valid. Commonsense

Invalid. There are hundreds of MMOs out there and most of them have it within their rules to use english in global chats. Just because you can speak more languages, it does not mean you should be using everything EXCEPT english.
Btw im not english either. Do you see me writing hungarian or german on the forums?

Makes no sense no matter what. Its an mmo, it is by design overcrowded.

Makes even less sense. Following this logic we could ask for totally random **** because we want attention from the devs. You should really remove this from your list because you were exactly one step from writing attention ***ing.

One of the most beautiful things about gaming is that cultural differences do not matter. What matters is the game. In essence: Americans/Asians/etc care about the exact same things Europeans/etc care about: Drops, bosses, playing.

Really? We have to make a crowd rally for the devs to just as much as consider giving us an EU server and you think they are really going to localize support for the game? Not even you can think this seriously.

I read a few mentions of this, but i think the people who are AGAINST having an EU server escaped me… who is against an EU serv… no let me raise the bar a bit: Who is against the EU server and is sane at the same time?
Because unhinged little dips*** psychopaths i do not care about.
Having an EU server will reduce the grief about pings, events and what not by extreme amounts. Anyone who is against this is either mentally retarded or is trolling. There is no actual argument against this.

Btw im not attacking you, but i would like to point out that adding random **** to a perfectly reasonable argument is counterproductive. It gives more room for strawman counterarguments and whatnot.

The issue is this simple: NA server only = **** ping, connection issues, trouble with time zone both within the community and in regards of events.
There is no need to add random crap to this.

2 Likes

Firstly. It’s ‘a lot’ you don’t say ‘acat’ or ‘adog’ so don’t say ‘alot’. You should cut that habit whilst you’re young.

Secondly, I’m not being a hypocrite. I’m keeping to the subject whilst you are complaining about complainers complaining and are constantly derailing the topic to have a personal cry. See the redundancy in your actions? I guess you don’t because you’re continuously behaving pretty stupidly.

Anyway moaning about people moaning on a forum is like complaining that people are making noise in a hospital from being in pain. Forums are for discussions of all sorts and for people with issues to get help and support for them. You need to get that through your head.

As for the narcissist remark? What’s your address, I can have someone send you a free dictionary. You definitely need one.

God all these people who think that another person’s opinion, is invalid when in reality it’s just your opinion vs. mine and yours is no more valid or invalid than mine is. The fact that we have a difference of opinion proves that we need different servers! That’s the whole point, you and I don’t agree on something. I don’t WANT to play on an NA server with you or other Americans, or ANYONE on an NA server for that matter. Hence, we should get an EU server and we shouldn’t even have to present or justify our reasons as to why we need one.

Just because ‘hundreds’ of MMOs (god what a big stupid generalisation) that don’t have localised servers doesn’t mean that it would not be a good idea for this game (or ANY game for that matter). ZOMG YOUR ARGUMENT WAS JUST MADE INVALID MY FRIEND!

MMOs don’t (have to) be overcrowded and I think it’s a pretty stupid and premature way of thinking to say that they are (quote as you said) “by definition overcrowded” what the? Have you logged into “War of the Vikings” lately? It’s dead as a desert bro. What about Runescape? Looks pretty dead and sparely populated to me. Shall I continue? Seriously where did you birth this rationale of yours?

Wow nice Strawman fallacy retort there! We Europeans deserve the right to play in a server without lag. Even that at the absolute most baseline argument is a valid reason regardless of what your misconstrued rationale thinks. Seriously, complicating the subject and derailing it with nitpicking and quote-cutting just drives away from the point.

Culture matters. If you don’t think that it does then you sir, are not very well traveled at all.

Blizzard provides localised support for Brazilian and German and Russian and Dutch and Spanish players etc. etc. Why shouldn’t we get similar support? Do you even seriously think about these replies before you start to write them? I can think of 20 Multiplayer games off the top of my head that provide localised support for players in various countries and languages, and a further 20 reasons why ToS should implement such a service.

Let’s try this. Someone present some good reasons as to why we SHOULDN’T have an EU server, and I mean GOOD reasons and watch me debunk and dismis them immediately; but instead I won’t resort to fallacious and completely contradictory ways of thinking like you just did.

P.S. Nice job trying to convince me (with fallacies and contradictory nonsense) that adding perfectly reasonable and legitimate reasons as to why we should get an EU server is ‘pointless’ - and then finishing by saying “Oh btw, I’m not having a go at you”. Either way, here’s some free advice: No one likes a devil’s advocate.

English is not my nature language and i learned everything on internet…

I just stopped complaining about it because i was sure that wasn’t going to stop.The same as talking with a wall… See on this post how people is already satured about people creating alot of topics just because they want a local EA server…

You only care about yourself , only talks about how you will suffer with your ping , but do not see that a large part of the community is going to suffer from it as well. But then know about how many job they(IMC) are going to need to create a local server…

Right and you care about others huh? Telling us to shut up about our requests for an EU server? You can’t even give ONE good reason as to why an EU server would hurt the game, or anyone playing it. There are seriously NO reasons as to why it would be a bad idea to add an EU server. If anything you just sound jealous that you don’t get your own one, so you don’t want anyone else to have their own server. Pathetic. Rack off hypocrite and stop talking about things that you don’t know, and remember to send me your address so I can send you a free dictionary.