Tree of Savior Forum

Solution for 4th April Maintenance Bugs - Visual C++ 2015 installation Error Fixed - VC 2015 Installer Updated

Hello everyone,

Here I will introduce to you how to solve the crash/arranging files bug due to new change of TOS client.

First: Uninstall the current Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x86/64) on your computer. Reboot after finishing uninstallation.

Second: Download and install the following version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 Update 3 v14.0.24215.1 (install both version):
Download Link
or
Direct link for x64
Direct link for x86
After installation, please reboot your computer.

Note: In case you have problem with the newest version (like client still doesn’t show up), try this older version v.14.0.23.026.0 instead. Remember to uninstall the newer version first then install this version and reboot your pc.

Q&A:

1. What should I do when I can’t install those files above? It gives me weird error message!
    –> If you have followed all steps above and still can’t install, please follow these steps if you are using windows 7:
    a. Type DXDIAG in the run box and check your windows 7 build number.

As you can see, the windows 7 build number in the picture is 7601. If your build number is 7600 or lower number, you will not be able to install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 files above.
    b. Uninstall all Visual C++ Redistributable version (if have) in your computer first. After that, open Windows Update and check/download all patches from there (including essential and suggested updates). After finishing updating, please type DXDIAG in run box to make sure your build version is 7601 like the image. Now you should be able to install the Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 I posted above as well as enter TOS.

2. I can open TOS and choose characters. However I got crashed when entering maps. What should I do now?
    –> If you are using addons, please uninstall “Chat Extend” addon.

3. I can play TOS now but still got VGA crash randomly. What should I do?
    –> Please update game client to the latest version. IMC has fixed this. If you still got VGA crash randomly, verify/re-install game client is suggested

4. So finally what will I get from this Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 change of TOS?
    –> As IMC said, it helps to improve performance a bit. For me, I no longer encounter the friends login/logout stuck message as well as friendlist crash bug :stuck_out_tongue:

5. My computer already has newer version of Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio like 2017 so is it ok if I install earlier versions like 2008, 2010 or 2015 beside my 2017 version?
    –> Don’t worry, that’s totally fine. There will be no software confict or anything harmful to your computer.

6. My computer is using Windows 64-bit version, why do I need to install VC 2015 x86, can I just install x64 version?
    –> If you don’t install VC 2015 x86, TOS won’t start.

7. I have installed the latest version of MS VC 2015 but the game still can’t start, what should I do?
    –> Uninstall the current version in your computer, download and install the older version instead. Remember to reboot after installing.

Hope this will help you. In case your problem still remains, please install Team Viewer and contact me via message. I will try my best to help. :slight_smile:

20 Likes

Well, it worked. My only doubt, I already had Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2015 (x86/64) installed, a newer version and to run this game had to replace it for an older version. This won’t have a negative impact in other apps/games?

I think no. :slight_smile:

Hi, please uninstall all C++ 2015 on your computer first then reboot your computer. After that try to install the C++ 2015 I posted above. pls remember to install both version x64 and x86

same problem with x86 and x64

Did you uninstall first? If the problem is still there, pls pm me your ID and password of Team viewer so I can help faster.

oh yes, please uninstall them, both x86 and x64, then restart your computer and install the files I posted above, then restart computer again.

If I remove the previous versions, it will not interfere with any other my apps ?

no, it is totally safe for other apps/games.

i remove first and install. Or remove, reboot and install ?

Remove, reboot, install, reboot again. Remember: remove both version and install both version (x86/x64)

1 Like

Ok, im removing now… and restart - brb

Works now, thanks so much Krystal :wink: :smile_cat:

1 Like

glad to know that. you can play TOS well now?

1 Like

Now I can open the game screen, before it opened and closed automatically. :two_hearts:

1 Like

On my computer I can install only C ++ x86 the 64 will not

it means you need to update your windows. Please go to Windows update and check for update. It will help. I guess you are using windows 7 or so.

hi i tried it many times it doesnt work to me it says setup error it says
one or more issues caused the setup to fail. please fix the issues and then retry setup

0x80240017 - unspecified error

help please
i can install other version of visual c++ but i still cannot play the game using other visual c++