Tree of Savior Forum

Game closes during loading screen after lodge selection

Please fill in as much as you can :

Date and Time(Please, specify the timezone) : all time (problem started around chrismas, 2017)

Server Name: Silute

Team Name: Liluth

Character Name: Lorelei, (with any character)

Bug Description :
Select server, select a character and channel and attempt to log in, at 30% loading screen the game closes without notification. Tried with all of my 8 chars but with everyone is the same, also tried with others servers, same problem. Re installed the game, verify cache, re install microsoft visual, dx, etc. but nothing works.

Steps to reproduce the issue :

1. Start ToS
  2. Load into Silute server and choose character
  3. Log in to any channel
  4. Load screen stop at 30% and game closes

Screenshots / Video :
(attach screenshots or videos regarding the bug)

Game Control Mode (Keyboard/Joypad/Mouse) : Keyboard

System

• CPU :
  • RAM : 4GB
  • Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT
  • Mainboard :
  • Storage : 200 GB
  • Internet Connection : 10mb
  • Country, Region : Chile, Santiago

I noticed that you sent in a Support Ticket.

I would recommend sending in your lastreply file as well which can be found in your file directory: Steam/steamapps/common/TreeOfSavior/release/replay/lastreplay

Ok, here that looks like inside the folder:

link lastreplay:
https://mega.nz/#!rEJA1C5A!Toipc3TQiijvslUL-z9fiLGut0sspV27aFGADdEEZQg

I have the same problem… I leave image to confirm the problem.

Link Lastreplay:

Hahah you don’t need to leave a screenshot of the folder.
In the future, for anyone else with this problem, please make sure to send in a Support Ticket first!
Thank you!!

3 weeks and still the problem persist.

Still nothing, bump.

Send the lastreplay file via Support Tickets at:
https://treeofsavior.com/page/support/submit.php

Already did 2 weeks ago.

1 Like

Yep! I’ve already sent all the information over to the QA team. Since you’ve reformatted your PC the problem might be there. Please remember to try verifying the integrity of the game files as well.

1 Like

I have verified the integrity of the game files everyday. A friend of mine was researching in the korean forums and some players there have the same problem, and said problem started since the big rebalance patch (around the first week of january, i think).

Weekly bump.

/20characters.

1. Do you by chance have any files on the folder “patch/” that doesn’t follow the pattern “1XXXX_XXXXXX.ipf”?

2. Do you have any addon currently installed on the “data/” directory?

3. Try this:
    Game stuck on loading screen on Silute (RECURRENT, CAN'T LOG IN)

4. Have you received any whispers or was near the dungeon NPC on klai before this started happening? I know you said it started around Christmas but doesn’t hurt to ask.

5. Did you try logging in on an empty channel?

6. Did you make sure you have latest NVIDIA drivers?

7. Do ToS works correctly if you start Windows in Safe Mode?

8. Are you by chance using a really slow wi-fi connection? Did you try connecting via cable and trying to play?

9. Can you try this procedure?
    VGA error // client crash + game not running [solution]

I recommend also renaming client.xml to something else or removing the file from that directory before restarting ToS.

1. When you uninstalled the game, did you make sure TreeOfSavior directory on steamapps directory was completely removed or did some files stayed there?

2. Do you by chance have connection/route problems to brazilian websites?

3. Did you try testing if ToS works while using a VPN?

4. If you have another computer in your house: Can you try logging in from there to see if ToS works from another computer?

5. If you have unused character slots: Can you try creating a new character and see if you can log in?

6. Can you cut/move the “chat_config_XXXXXXXX_XXXX.xml” files out of “release/” directory and see if that helps?

7. Did you try disabling Steam Overlay?

8. If nothing works can you try this?
    Hints for those who have FPS drop issues - i'm trying to help

9. If that doesn’t work can you by chance try this?
    Extremely low FPS, Constant game crashing

10. If that also doesn’t work can you try this?
    Solution for 4th April Maintenance Bugs - Visual C++ 2015 installation Error Fixed - VC 2015 Installer Updated

11. If nothing of the above work, please follow this:

Just like on item 19) run dxdiag and send a screenshot of the System and Display tabs.

1. Also: Can you make sure you don’t have any USB devices connected to the computer aside from mouse and keyboards?

2. Also #2: Can you try setting computer performance mode to high to see if it works?
    https://www.howtogeek.com/240840/should-you-use-the-balanced-power-saver-or-high-performance-power-plan-on-windows/

3. Also #3: Can you try setting NVIDIA 3D settings for maximum performance?
    http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3130/~/setting-power-management-mode-from-adaptive-to-maximum-performance

4. Also #4: Can you try disabling vsync in NVIDIA settings for Tree of Saviors (or set it to adaptive) and disable vsync in tos as well via user.xml?

5. Can you try checking “disable optimization for full screen mode” on the Client_tos.exe file after right-clicking?

6. Is your Windows updated? Any chance you could try Windows 8 or 10?

7. Can you try closing all applications before running ToS to see if that helps?

8. Can you try setting tos priority on Task Manager to High before logging in?

9. Can you try setting tos priority on Task Manager to Low before logging in?

10. Do you get any error message about ToS closing?

11. Can you check if there’s any Error that matches with the times ToS closes automatically in the windows Event Log?

Example here:
https://www.cyberlink.com/support/faq-content.do?id=10449

Sorry for the big check list. I pm’d you to try to help via discord but with a no, throwing everything I can think of is all I can do at this point. You don’t need to follow the order, especially when it comes to reinstalling or changing settings.

For example, you can try 31) first and post results here if you find something there.

Also, please do follow the list to see if we can find anything that can help.

Thanks in advance! I hope your problem gets solved >_<

2 Likes

I just said “dont worry about me”, already had a friend doing the impossible to help me xd.
About the list:

1. No
  2. No
  3. Didn’t work
  4. Nope
  5. Yes
  6. Yes
  7. Yes
  8. I dont use wi-fi
  9. Didn’t work
  10. Delete all, the game and steam
  11. Lel, why i could visit br websites xd?
  12. Yes
  13. My pc is the only with the minimun requeriment
  14. Tried with others servers, same mierda
  15. I Don’t have the file
  16. Yes
  17. Had this since the launch of the game
  18. Friend logged with my acc time ago, my chat was empty
  19. Already tried

DxDiag.xml (30.4 KB)

1. Only keyboard and mouse connected
  2. Didn’t work
  3. My nvidia 3d setting is always in max performance
  4. Always had disable vsync (nvidia setting and tos)
  5. Already tried
  6. Yes
  7. Don’t help
  8. Already tried
  9. See 28
  10. Nope
  11. No error showed

have you tried using the “Guild no crash!” add-on? i just recently brought an SSD and after doing a clean install i did have that problem, but after i installed the add-on it worked without problem

I just tried it and nope, didn’t work.