Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

imc did menshun of habbin othur moosikal instruments othur dan de floot Owo

1 Like

Prob not related to the same mystery but anyone knows what this 2 npc (prob more) are fromā€¦

The npc is constantly moving, at first I thought it was just a broken ui/questā€¦

but then I found one again and you can kind of influence it pathā€¦

So I donā€™t know :confused:

itā€™s from the valentine event

1 Like

mmhmm I seeā€¦

I thought evemt was using normal npc cause my first box ask me into a level 200+ map when I was on my lvl 60 character :heeey:

Those chocolates are mine :hey:

Idk what this owl stuff is about, but I like owls so uh. This statue is here, dunno if it always has been

1 Like

Oh wait, thereā€™s so many hereā€¦ Did you guys already find these?

1 Like

Iā€™m pretty sure these statues are from Sunset Flag Bearer questline.

1 Like

Never did quests here, I was just dropping by the maps to get Guardian Saint Gem o3o

1 Like

:hey:
How come nobody is excited about this? This totally looks like the Wandering Bards buddy.
Iā€™m gonna camp that!

1 Like

(Itā€™s the blue dot spot on the map that praquenick linked.) I have no earthly idea what causes him to appear, Iā€™ve tried time-based camping to no avail. If you have success with finding him Iā€™d love to hear it!

1 Like

half year later, what you found??
also, I loved your post.
ToS is bad managed, but is a piece of art, play with the disable UI and see this incredible wandeful scenarios with numerous levels that you can note only disabling your UI, make you realise how detailed the game is. So, in this context, put secrets just make pve more fun. that is why I like it so much.

2 Likes

iā€™ll camp it too and see what comes up

1 Like

I did a recording camping that spot for 10 hours. No sign of a wandering merchant, unless he showed up for less than 1 minute.
Iā€™m guessing he either has some conditions for spawning or he shows up in random places like Troubadour.

dancing_penguin_10hours

@kazamatenkai
We found Sensitive Owl and narrowed down itā€™s spawning conditions. Also made a list of Troubadours spawning spots with a few new ones. Now thereā€™s this merchant guy. Itā€™s taking ages but there is some progress. And itā€™s not like weā€™re wasting time on this 24/7.

4 Likes

yikes
if itā€™s not a 4.5 hour spawn then it must be trigger or random timing

2 Likes

Or random location.
For now Iā€™ll try roaming the map every hour.

1 Like

incredible. You found much more than anyone could expect. congratulations. I mean, just by the video we can see you expended some time on it. and find this merchant is a lot already.
well, the problem with waiting is that sometimes something appears not because of the quantity of time that has passed, but because someone else did something in the map, so itā€™s really difficult to find the truth alone, yet, you found something behind the mystery.

well, I hope you find the truth, would be epic. As long as it continues to be fun and not only personal duty.

really good to see this kind of misteries

1 Like

Woah. Just to be clear: I didnā€™t find the merchant. Thatā€™s been posted by kymemy.
I did found out about the Sensitive Owl though.
Anyway, Iā€™m not the only one being active in research here so donā€™t give me all the credit.
I really appreciate your encouragement though! Thanks!

I received some more information from kymemy in a PM and I think thereā€™s something worth sharing:

• the merchant has been around in 2016 already. Heā€™s been in the game all this time undiscovered,
  • heā€™s been seen at 4:53am, 7:??pm, 9:27pm,
  • heā€™s been seen on different channels,
  • heā€™s been seen multiple times in the same spot,
  • heā€™s been seen by questing players at level ~110 so you probably donā€™t need any triggers from high level zones to find him.
5 Likes

do these numbers make any sense? the 420/450/30

1 Like

Well this is an interesting thread.

About that function call. Itā€™s hard to know what the values do represent here. To me 420/450/30 looks like as single variable that will be divided into multiple variables later. The ā€œ/ā€ on every other variable gives it away that they will separate the values into an array or list in a later step.

Would need to know the variable name inside the function and for it to have a reasonable name to know whatā€™s this used for, and even so the 3 values can be meant to used for another 3 variables later.

1 Like

ahhh damn I was hoping it was time based

1 Like