Tree of Savior Forum

Secret of Kateen Forest - continued

i went and saw that spot in grynas, there’s definitely something there, haven’t seen anything spawn though

also the graves in karolis aren’t related to having all 3 karolis books, or doing the karolis quests, it might be doing all the owl maps or doing a bunch of questlines

Today in Kateen

1 Like

wow he showed up? thats a new spawn point didn’t know about that

also, someone who didn’t have kateen questline completed nor initiated was able to interact with him, so maybe having kateen questline is not a pre-requisite.

1 Like

troubadour

I finally found him myself.
He was in a new spot on the road to Crying Place.
I found him at 11:52am Ch1. He disappeared at 12:21.
I’ve been running around for 6+ hours or so without changing maps or channels.

I was able to confirm something useful.
As soon as I saw him I called over another player. He was able to see and interact with the Troubadour as well.
I remember reading somewhere that only one person sees a Troubadour. Guess that rumor is false then.

When you find Troubadour I recommend calling over other players and encouraging them to experiment!
The more people we have interested in this secret and trying to solve it, the better.

While Troubadour was present, together with another player we tried the following:

• Interacting with NPCs in Entrance to Kateen Forest.
  • Talking to Troubadour while using emots.
  • Playing Pied Piper music and skills.

The more I read into Troubadours dialogue, the more I start to believe that he may be spawning on another map after you trigger him. It’s a guess as good as any, but it’s the best that comes to my mind right now.
I’m planning to try camping for him on Owls Burial Ground (next map in line with Owls) and Saknis Plains (perhaps he is mentioning the Explaining Owl?) now.

I created a chat group dedicated for figuring out Kateen Forest secret. It’s on Fedimian (EU) server.
If anyone is interested, my username is Eillis. Whisper me and I will add you to the group.

3 Likes

I just discovered something new in Saknis Plains!

This owl was in Saknis Plains for a very short time.
I found it at 1:36pm. It disappeared 5 minutes later.
Dialogue on screenshot is all that it said. I had little time to experiment with it.

I was on this map for quite a long while. Dunno how long exactly but it’s been a few hours at least. I talked to Explaining Owl just before I found this one. Unfortunately, I didn’t pay attention to what Explaining Owl said.
As you can read above, I have met the Troubadour a few days earlier.

5 Likes

The owl was there again.
I’ve been camping for it in the channel for a few hours.
I went to talk to Explaining Owl for a moment. When I came back, Sensitive Owl was there. It showed up at exactly 1:13pm.
It disappeared 5 minutes later.

While the owl was around I tried interacting with it with emots and talking with Explaining Owl. No results so far.

5 Likes

I just met Troubadour again. There was no change in his dialogue after meeitng sensitive owl.

troubadour

He was in one of the known spots. I found him at 5:11pm. He disappeared one hour later.

1 Like

I was doing the Sorcerer’s level 235 master quest recently, and one part was to go visit the Dievdirby’s master in the Siaulai West Woods. His dialogue is… interesting :slight_smile:

Just a suggestion: try to talk to these npcs that are available for a very limited time more than once, as much as your patience allows, my reasoning is that some quests like the Appraiser/BM/Chaplain/Practonium ones require you to see all the dialogues from specific npcs before advancing and some of these dialogues don’t appear very often.

I believe you’re problably already doing this stuff but I thought I’d better ask, just in case.

I tried spamming the owl many times. It never said anything else but that one message.
I haven’t tried spending whole 5 minutes though.

Besides the new owl I am also wondering about dormant interactions in Poslinkis Forest.
There’s quite a lot of them and they are not used in any quest AFAIK.

Poslinkis Interactions

3 Likes

glad to see people are still hunting, i’ve been looking every day and haven’t found him again since seeing him months ago

it’d help if we could get more updated info on map triggers, theres tons of them around, but never seen them do anything or nothings implimented for them yet
E.G (this is in saknis near the foreseeing owl)

this ones in grynas hills

2 Likes

there’s alotta weird triggers in those maps, like a spider boss you can’t do, the boulder, the rock that gives you a weak 15 min buff

something tells me those triggers in this pic were for a old class advance quest, but who knows

holy crap, THAT statue is the hidden trigger i’ve been looking for I think i’ve seen it there but didn’t know what spawned

so we KNOW something spawns there now, wow, I will camp it for a while and see if it spawns more thanks for this info it helps alot

1 Like

Here’s a summary of my Sensitive Owl facts so far. Maybe it helps.

• I found it shortly after talking to Explaining Owl. I’m pretty sure I talked to Explaining Owl only once.
    Not sure which line it told me but it wasn’t anything new.
  • I’ve been feeding the stone crystal for a fair while but it’s been long before I found the owl. (I haven’t changed channels though.)
  • I didn’t do anything special in Saknis Plains other than the two above.
  • I met Troubadour earlier.
  • Sensitive Owl stayed for only 5 minutes.
  • I found it two times at similar time, two days in a row.
  • I tried to find it again at a similiar time a few days later but it didn’t appear.
    This was after ToS update, so my guess is that spawning time might’ve changed with server reset.

One more thing that I’ve noticed is that many dormant interactions like in Poslinkis Forest and Grynas Trails have visible health bars.
Sensitive Owl never shows its health bar when deactivated. It can be found using Blessing though.
Perhaps it would be worth it to take the time and investigate Kateen Forest maps using Blessing.

2 Likes

Hmm. There’s something odd about this picture. :hey:

I was AFK popopointing near my good old friend mr. Boulder.

1 Like

Something also weird about Kateen is that the bonfires turn on randomly, sometimes I’ll see some of them on and sometimes they’ll be off

I’ve never noticed anything peculiar about those bonfires. They usually lit up right away or not long after I see them for the first time. I’m assuming it might be due to server delay. Of course, I can’t be sure about that but that’s my bet.

I’m pretty sure those Tree Root Crystals are important though. This is far too irregular.
So far I had up to 20 of them present at once.

I think the root crystals just have shorter spawn times in the maps around that region. Seems like their respawn timer is 5sec in many maps near there. https://tos.neet.tv/npcs/45133

While in most other maps the respawn timer is 20-60sec

And why would they spawn only in that one area? Normaly they spawn all over the map. I haven’t seen behavior like this in any other map.