Tree of Savior Forum

SEA Players VS LA/SA Players - IMC Treatment

IMC Games has opened the SEA server on Steam, which will soon be moved to a location to improve latency for players of that region. PlayOne signed, last year, a partnership with IMC Games to channel and facilitate access for these players to the Indonesian server (Gemscool), and also for language support and local currency transactions - an identical partnership to that stablished with Level Up Games.

Our point being: Latin American players are not being treated equally. SEA players loathe PlayOne and also did not enjoy having to play with the Indonesians, so they requested their own server for the region within Steam. Their request was answered and accepted.

Now, draw your own conclusions, if you will. Shouldn’t we ALSO have a region-favorable server WITHIN Steam , besides Level Up’s channelling?

DISCLAIMER: This is not a posting against Level Up Games, but to request clarification towards the biased treatment we are receiving, considering SEA also has a channeling partnership and yet are getting a localized Steam server.

Translate by: Nicolas Bohnenberger

PORTUGUESE

A IMC Games abriu o servidor SEA no Steam, que em breve será movido fisicamente para um local que irá favorecer a latência dos jogadores dessa região. O que tem demais? A PlayOne firmou no ano passado uma parceria com a IMC Games, do qual iria fazer o channeling para facilitar o acesso desses jogadores ao servidor da Indonésia (Gemscool), daria também suporte à linguagem e transação na moeda local, ou seja: uma parceria idêntica a que teremos com a Level Up.

Moral da história: Os latino-americanos não estão sendo tratados da mesma forma. Os jogadores do SEA detestam a PlayOne e também não gostaram da idéia de jogar com os indonésios, então se juntaram e pediram à IMC um servidor próprio pra região dentro do Steam. Ela atendeu.

Agora tirem suas próprias conclusões. Será que não teríamos TAMBÉM que ter um servidor em uma região favorável à América Latina DENTRO DO STEAM além do channeling que a Level Up irá fazer?

ATENÇÃO: Essa postagem não é contra a Level Up, mas sim, para cobrar um esclarecimento em relação ao tratamento diferenciado que estamos tendo, levando em consideração que SEA também há parceria para channeling e mesmo assim, estão ganhando servidor localizado dentro do Steam.

194 Likes

We are not asking for much since the current servers are so bad for people in Latin America that I’m getting almost 300ms latency while trying to play the game, first I was thinking it was because server overload but it persists even low populated channels. Just pinging to Virginia, US via cmd.exe I get 132ms. Sorry but 300 ping is not playable for any Latin America player…

4 Likes

Reason might be that the Latin american Player base is mostly from Brazil. So it wouldnt make much sense to open a latin american Server, just to see that Server become deserted once brazil playerbase gets regionlocked because of exclusive rights to Level Up.

Difference to SEA is probably that most of the players arent just from indonesia in that Region.

4 Likes

Southeast Asia public has good options to play, while we have to suffer with constant falls in the game and very high delay.

4 Likes

We are the largest public game and IMC Games is not being honest with us. at least give an official statement that it is in the contract that can not do something. let the situation clear to the players!

18 Likes

Yeah IMC, we want our own server. Please make our server =)

1 Like

You know SEA/OCE region get much worse ping to US east right ?

The distance is a huge pacific ocean + all the way from US West to East, that’s halfway around the earth.

You guys are much closer to US East compare to us SEA and many EU countries.

The servers are unstable for now. Everyone are lagging not just you guys. I got 400ms ping without WTfast here.

4 Likes

Can’t agree more , the lag and latency in Orsha is unbearable, constant falls , rollbacks and bugged npcs … Latin America players are the Biggest community , we deserve a [LA] server like SEA got too !

7 Likes

maybe you should have just waited for the Service to open from Level up. Nobody forced you to play on the international Servers.

3 Likes

Yeah, i understand that there is server instability anyway but the high latency is being an huge problem

Does not matter. We still get near 300ping because these amazon servers are horrible for south american players. It’s almost the same ping I get to Korea.

2 Likes

Please, there is no such announcement that the indonesian server will act like a SEA server. Don’t twist facts because of your assumption. Only guaranteed at the moment is that SG and MY players can play on the indonesian server through a channeling partner called PlayOneAsia.

In fact, as a SEAsian, I can’t even visit gemscool’s official site for ToS. It means I am blocked even though I am from SEA.

3 Likes

Yeah IMC, we want our own server. Please make our server²

1 Like

Nice post, thanks
Please, server latin!

Please, server latin!

1 Like

I know very little on this subject but I remember reading on some other topic that there are no similar servers easily available in LA. So the difference in treatment could be because technical reasons.

Another reason might be that despite lots of players, they might have estimated that there wouldn’t be enough constant income from your region to make it profitable for years to come.

No matter how much they might enjoy their work, no gaming company works for charity, they need their business to be profitable too.

Edit: I don’t mean I’m anyway against you getting your own server then. Just wanted to point out the possible reasons that people have come up on previous threads.

1 Like

We are endure ~400 ping here .Most of us will be glad to get that 300 ping right now.
Everyone are lagging not just you.

3 Likes

Haters gonna hate , there is no argument against the Lack of server for us South Americans,I repeat , we demand a [LA] server with better physical location in the future , I can’t even play because ou Queue … IMC, it’s a Bottleneck to log in to Orsha , please Do Something !!!

NA have a server, EU too, same with SEA… Why us (LA) can’t? We are the biggets community in Orsha, also I think we are the biggest community in the ToS… Answer us IMC! thanks.

2 Likes

Sry but with 400ping you are not really “playing”. If you can keep with this, good for you.