Tree of Savior Forum

[Summary] Sorcerer Class General Overview

The Sorcerer is a summoner type caster that is capable of summoning strong demons into battle. The demons themselves do decent AoE damage and has a very large HP pool.

Sub-cards strengthen your main card. Each sub-card strengthens different stats.

The Sorcerer however is not a DPS focused oriented class. If anything it is more of a hybrid between the 3; support-tank-dps. So that said it is important to know that if you are going full support build and you want a DPS-focussed class; Sorcerer is not going to deal impressive damage.

This Chapparition is awesome

Here are a few things you will want to know before you decide whether the Sorcerer is for you.

1. Summon drains SP. You cannot maintain summons for long. Mana regen is disabled when you have a summon out. This causes huge mana lost and it can be very difficult to cast offensive spell and also maintain the summon if you don’t have enough SP.
  2. You can’t Physical Link and buff summons (not sure about heal though)
  3. You can only have 1 Sorcerer summon out but you can have another Necromancer summon, a familiar or servant out.
  4. Micro managing with Sorcerer is hard at the moment as commands can jam up up your summon; causing them not to use any skills at all or just stuck and not able to move.
  5. Innate AI of summon is mediocre but tolerable at best.
  6. If left alone; summons have innate deep hatred for immovable targetable objects like Fireball, traps, banners and pillars of stone. Not sure why but if in a boss battle you can be sure to rely on your summon to clear the map of traps and such before it helps you to fight boss (sarcasm).
  7. Boss cards can be upgraded to increase summon strength but this is currently not working.
  8. Each point of Int will increase summon attack while each point in spirit will increase its defences.
  9. Best thing about Sorcerer is probably the attention you get from other players (very flashy AoE) and also the ability to afk farm lower level areas. Girls also dig the Servant skill btw. :stuck_out_tongue:
  10. If you die; your summon immediately disappears. No ‘I am gonna lie here for a while and wait my summon to kill of that player/boss’.

The thing with the Sorcerer is that the summons is more of a meat shield for the caster to unload nukes on an area once mobs have gathered around the summon.

Tips on the Sorcerer :

• At the current state of the game; the commands that you should focus on getting is Morph. This will allow your summon to not drain your SP. Not sure if this is an intended bug but I feel that the summons should not drain SP as they are not that strong inherently.
  • Since summons can’t be healed; you can reset their HP by Morphing them as well. Good to keep in mind when you are fighting bosses and you summon is nearly dead; you can reset their HP to full with Morph. Not sure if it’s a bug though.
  • If the SP drain issue is indeed a bug and it’s fixed. You will have to manage your SP well. You can’t keep your summon up and you will have to release the summon by right clicking the buff. What I usually do is I usually release it when the cool down of the skill hits 1 minute (4 minutes in total). That way I will have 1 minute to regen my SP; so it’s a 1 minute cooldown/downtime. I can smoothly grind this way without any down time. I have 70 Spirit to help in SP regen.
  • If you are on full support build; Summon Familiar Spirit is a good addition to your lacking damage. While it hits harder than Lvl 5 Fireball; it is slower as you need to hit the familiar spirit in order for it to go suicide mode. Also the Familiar Spirit sometimes hit other mobs instead of your intended target; so make sure there is not so much gap between you and the target.
  • If your summon get stuck at a location, you can either Morph to reset it or Mount on it to move it out of the way.
11 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Even at 1 star; the summons deals decent damage with my own 170 int. I am pretty sure with upgrade it will deal even better damage; problem is however you dont have control of the summon’s skill and the AI is unreliable at best. So it’s best to not rely too much on the summon as a main source of dps.

At the current state of the game; the summon is more like a side kick (no matter how bad ass it looks) and the nuker is the sorcerer .

Thanks for the infos!

Depending on how the upgraded cards will increase the summon stats, they may be a good stand-alone damage classe for a Tree.

I hope Necromancers can maintain Shogoth for long periods of time too. @_@

Thx for the info I have plans to make a sorcerer when I’m able to play the gane

Thanks for all the info!
Can I ask how much summon servant increases your stats exactly? o:

one things i wan to know about sorc , after we morph it can i ride ? pls help!!!

yes you can ride on it :smile:

Cool nice ^^ thx you so much

Me think there should be drain on Sorcerer summons as they are fighting to get free of our will (out side of Familiar)

Wow! Nice! thanks for sharing!

Nice Sorcs, they should become stronger later on when IMC finishes it XD.

Thanks for all the info :smile: I read in another thread that Bokor Zombies can be buff by Priest Skills, but Priest Skills don’t work on summons? :frowning:
Can someone confirm if summons can be healed? For example clerics heal and priests mass heal? :smiley:

Damn, I was hoping that one could be able to buff his own summons, that´s a pity. Thanks for the info, it´s really great

What level will the Chapparition get its AoE?

Bump , can sorc have a 2 summons ( salamion and devil ) now in last revision of tos ? Can anyone tell me this ? At the one moment ?

I still haven’t put points in salamion yet, but from what I understand, you can summon both at the same time. Salamion is an actual skill that does not require a card in the grimoire.

When I play it that time summon has no levels. So i cant answer you on this. :frowning:

Yes you can have both summons out. Salamion however is kinda lacking. You might not really want it but if you have spare points, you can put points into it. Familiar spell (bats) is good though so do invest some points in it

How much bat do damage per one ? I’m really curious.

I may put 4 in summoning and 5 in familiar. I would like to be half mage/half summon in my Necro class.