Tree of Savior Forum

<Re:build> Falconer-Mergen

so, with preemptive strike returning, it become worthy again to max sonic strike, how do you guys distribute your falconer skill now?

Due to the fact that AA Builds are still a lot weaker I consider to either not skill PES / Sonic Strike or only skill a few levels of it. Maxing it does not seem to be worth I think. Especially because your attackspeed is a lot lower due to the stat point distribution.

1 Like

iirc sonic strike lv 10 SFR is 208%*6 hit, every 5 second with PES (skill description mention will drain SP every 5 second, but i dont know the interval between PES is how long)

1 Like

Your attack speed shouldn’t matter, PES still hits every five seconds.

For some reason I thought aiming was 15s then 15s for every level, so you only need 7 levels? Can someone check that?

If the above is not the case, with the aiming change and the new skill, falconer runs into the same issues that mergen sees in that we don’t have enough skill points. My build will prolly look very similar to yours.

someone at ktos thread pointed out that aiming at max lv only 60 second with 75 sec CD
and lv 7 vs lv 10 aiming has different purple circle size

i intentionally use lv 5 circling to match angry bunny buff (15 sec), but it is 10 second shorter than max lv of circling, so my distribution wont be optimal for some build

Shows its base 15+15s each level.

This is what I am probably going to go, if Aiming is 15s base then +15s each level. If not, I will most likely take out of circling…not 100% sure yet.

this is screencaptured today from tos.guru ktest, only 60 second duration at maxed level

There was a recent patch in ktest that changed aiming’s duration, and crevox can’t really take note of all of them and update that thread. I think it would be better to look at tos.guru since rjgtav updates it with the most recent ktest patch.

Pretty much the above skill point distribution, but yeah true we will seem to lack points hm…

Aspd doesnt affect PES / falcon attack as it is every 5s…

With that in mind we do need to max Sonic Strike as PES dmg is based on it (unless changed)

I am torn now for my last points but I will have to go put as much remaining points to Circling than Pheasant… Circling duration = +3 aoe attack ratio so while I lose a huge nuke im the form of Pheasant, I make up for the consistent damage I can dish out with Aiming+Circling combo

Like what imc had in mind when they did rebuild, we wont be able to do so much more of everything… So I would rather pick a great utility vs a strong aoe nuke but this is player reference :slight_smile:

Edit: while it is true and said that higher Aiming level enlarges hitbox, maybe we dont need to really max it since in places like CM they are tightly packed anyhow? Just have to keep in mind uptime

Thanks for the clarification.

Damn, that makes things a bit more touch and go. I think I will be maxing out aiming, and just lowering Circling or Pheasant. More likely pheasant will lose skillpoints just because I feel with mergen and ranger maxed, we’ll have plenty of skills to use and circling benefits so many of your skills.

which skill are benefitted from circling?

-all of mergen skills
-barrage

i read somewhere that new boss will hit harder so as an archer, bigger aiming means farther distance from boss

I dont fully understand what you are asking but afaik,

Barrage
High anchoring
Sonic Strike
All of Mergen current kit except Spread shot (on current version) only hits 5 max + if it ricochets

I mainly do CMs and as of currently we know they just spawn tightly packed so as of now no issues with hitbox… For maintaining distance to bosses, yeah could be taken into consideration if you got a mergen bossing build (fletcher perhaps)…

not only for world bossing, but for any mergenfalconer who are doing raid, aiming will help party tremendously. Also dont forget that max lv aiming still has 15 sec downtime too

True that brother…

Yeah kinda sad they did lower duration suddenly. Well could be part of balancing the class but oh well, whatever it ends up with I will just adapt anyway :slight_smile:

Pheasant isn’t really a nuke anymore in re:build compared to PES if you have high aoe atk ratio under a densely packed condition with help of Aiming. Before re:build, pheasant has higher base damage than PES even before factoring attribute, and it can also be further boosted by Roost. But now since its base damage is way lower and Roost’s function has changed, by using Pheasant you are interrupting the cycle of PES and may even end up lowering your overall damage.

Looking at the SFR of the skills, I have to agree with you.

I’m leaning toward taking skills out of pheasant to fill in aiming and circling, I want to have as much uptime for those two skills as possible.

1 Like

Havent checked sfr but if youre right then i eill take out points from pheasant to max aiming circlibg. Ezpz :smiley:

Alright, got my velc bow ready for transcendence event. I’m super pumped about this rebuild.

What are people’s thoughts on barrage on the build I posted up in this thread as opposed to maxing out critical shot? Crit shot does do a decent amount of single target dmg.

As of now I do max Barrage… Mainly Crit shot is for the buff (for me) :slight_smile:

Does anyone known that new Preemtive strike included Tomahawk or not
Thanks