Tree of Savior Forum

Preliminary beginners guide to Clerics

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Do you think it is really worthy to go priest 2 or more for a future pve monk? Other then monstrance, other buffs seems to not go so well with monk skills.
They also require spending items or have low duration compared to a pardoner buff. And i saw stone skin was heavilly nerfed.

Priest2 isnā€™t to0 bad, since it still has revive.
But I wouldnā€™t recommend priest3 on a monk build nowadays.

Stone skin now has a 0.5x spr scaling for tbl, and block pen is more common now in pvp since str gives block pen now.
Priest3 performs best on part spr or int builds imo.

Leveled a cleric3 to test Guardian Saint again, and got someone killed in the process once moreā€¦

Either way;

• Guardian Saint does end when the charges expire currently.
  • Guardian Saint also ends if your target dies. wups.
  • Guardian Saint gives around +50% sp regen to yourself.
  • Guardian Saint does seem to improve stamina regen (could have sworn I saw a 2 regen tick instead of the normal 1 with it.) but needs further testing how it works.
  • My hp regen value did not change, didnā€™t notice a difference with the timer either.

Iā€™ll test it again later when we get the buff, but this doesnā€™t look that promising.
Might be nice on a monk though.

1 Like

Hi guys, i try here for have some help. I just beginning the game and, Iā€™m verry interested in the Plague Doctor class. But, the problem is to make build looks complicated. I did some search and I tried to create three builds, with the tip Iā€™ve read and few little build only written with the classes. Because I begin the game iā€™m sure that I made few, or lots of mistakes and, I just come here to have some help, I honnestly donā€™t really want to play lots of hour on a character for failled it and trash it because lots of useless skills and others. If you can get me some advice about that, it will be verry usefull for me.

In addition of that, iā€™m little lost with stats. I know I have to add in major int, in minor spr and few con, but i donā€™t really know how to distribute 3int:1spr perhaps?

Thanks for your help

I see. Do you think Paladin is a good alternative for priest 2? Any worthy skill?

Not for physical builds Imo.

• Turn undead is decent regardless of stats.
  • Resist Elements needs a higher skill level to be noticeable.
  • Restoration works wonders on int/spr builds for the boost to healing, but for dex/str itā€™s a mere 20% or so boost.
  • Smite is somewhat ok, but to only vs demons/mutants. And works better with higher skill level or str builds. (and str is outdated.)

Youā€™re generally better of with grabbing a rank of diev1/2, priest1/2 or maybe even cleric3.

@maewan69:

Donā€™t go krivis unless you go taoist, its dmg will fall off too much.

Both bokor & diev are okay class & skill wise from what I can see.
Though are other options you might want to consider, like grabbing miko for r6.

Oracle is far more pvp oriented then pve ofc.

10 cure/4 safety zone beats the other config imo.
Carve attack is expensive sp wise, if you want to save potions then donā€™t put to many points in it.
Might want to put more points into bloodletting as well, itā€™s a good skill.

Stat wise:

50-100 con, rest int.
spr is not a wise investment for dmg builds, sp potions and sp regen headgear will do a far better job.

2 Likes

Pandemic still spreads plague vapors or w/e it is called for us now.
Pick it up if you pd2 imo.

2 Likes

Not really, but most info youā€™d need can be found here.

Skill scaling, use google translate if needed: https://tos-kr.neet.tv/skill-planner#4i

And ofc the ktos feedback q&a thread: Hello Guys! :D Q&A post about Miko :3

And build wise:

For pvp the ability to remove buffs (and reportedly circles/objects granting buffs) is very op and easily worth the slot on its own.

For int builds hamaya is incredibly good as well, as itā€™s simply the best dmg skill you can get at r6, and for just a mere 1 rank investment.

A non-spr Miko/Taoist build should be interesting as well for itā€™s ability to boost melee dmg. Can just use dark sight + kagura dance to avoid most interrupts.

For inquisitor builds it is a solid option as they benefit a lot of the +1 skill level atm, but that probably wonā€™t stay true for inquisitor2. Would be amazing if clap works on wheel, despite its hit limit it does deal a lot of dmg on its own.

Druids obviously canā€™t spare r6, as druid3 is too important for them. Perhaps they can pick it up later if the new r9ā€™s arenā€™t as good.

And spr builds donā€™t really benefit from it that much, to high sp pool to use kagura dance often. Not enough magic attack for the new tiers of mdef

And Kagura dance is supposed to increase holy dmg according to greyhiem. Still havenā€™t seen confirmation of it though.

Hello, @Wurmheart

First, I would like to acknowledge your great thread - Iā€™ve read it for itā€™s entirety and found it not only good, but you, personally, very dedicated and willing.

Now, Iā€™m posting my doubt here because I havenā€™t seen it here, specifically.
Iā€™m trying to make a Full Support + Full CON character, with the base:
Cleric2>Krivis3>

Iā€™m having trouble deciding the later Ranks. The possible classes for that are Priest2, Miko, and even Taoist (Iā€™m reluctant about Taoist, as this class seems to be more offensive-oriented than supportive).

So, whatā€™s your opinion on that? Is there classes that Iā€™m neglecting, like Druid, Oracle or Plague Doctor?

Thank you very much.

Not quite sure, I still donā€™t know how melstis now performs with potions.
I know you canā€™t using them while channeling melstis, but not if it still extends said potion duration.

Iā€™d say you definitely want priest1 for the res ofc.

Miko is mostly for the dmg one way or another atm. And you canā€™t use kagura dance + melstis anyway. Donā€™t go near it as a non int kriv3 imo.

Taoist isnā€™t so bad as dark sight is a huge benefit for et, and helps keep channeling up.

Priest2ā€™s revive is alright, and makes you more self reliant. But itā€™s kind of pointless when you team up with a diev3.

Druid doesnā€™t offer to0 much aside of safety zone spam merog + sterea trofhs. Itā€™s nice but this kriv3 is designed to build around extending invulns to begin with. Wouldnā€™t recommend it.

Oracle is alright though, counterspell is quite good defensively at least.

And pdā€™s healing factor is also very good.

Might as well go kriv3/tao and part int, wonā€™t hinder your melstis and gives you more roles when melstis isnā€™t needed.

1 Like

Thanks a lot for all theses tips, it will be help me a lot, thanks ^^

SSsssstt, Try Krivis 3 > Diev 3
You have Ausurine + Melstis :wink:
(TOP SECRET)

1 Like

I will confirm it, I realized I never posted this image:

Also

1 Like

As a bit of a warning/update:

• Malleus Mallificarumā€™s debuffs adds dmg based on a enemies magic attack for any hits it takes while debuffed. Not just the initial hit. (see relevant thread. Credit goes to @Huerin )

And since its skill level scales duration it may very well be worth maxing on a monk/inquisitor build.

Iā€™d say a palaquisitor doesnā€™t benefit too much from it, but they might want to know how it works.

And should definitely be worth maxing for a PvE int build or chaplain.
And I think it should be enough to validate a chap/miko build.

2 Likes

Anyone has the consensus between dex or int diev3 druid3 builds? New to the cleric class here! Could anyone give a summary on comparison between the dex and int builds? Thank you.

Hi @Wurmheart - I really appreciate the guide! I was browsing builds for chaplains and came across one that seemed feasible in theory and looked like it could hold its own vs. a DEX build, but honestly I have no idea if this is the case.

The build is this: C2 > Pr3 > Chap1 > Kabba or PD1> Inqui1

The reccomendation is to dump nearly all into SPR and some in CON, with the realization that SPR adds to the Blessing buff and many other Priest spells.

Can, and does, this hold true to late game? Can this build work? What if I used this build but substituted DEX instead of SPR how would that shine?

Anyway, I appreciate the help!

I wouldnā€™t put it as an equal to a dex based inquisitor, 3/4 inquisitor skills can crit and their less buff dependent nature makes them at least viable for post miko pvp.

A chaplain/inquisitor should be decent enough, but due to miko it will be a pve only build.

And Iā€™d say it needs Miko as well, considering it vastly outperforms both pd1 & kabba dmg wise and has good utility to boot.

Statwise, hell no.
Mag defense of r8 is incredibly high, you need to be part int at least to avoid getting your dmg neutered. (blessing doesnā€™t even add dmg if you canā€™t punch past defenses either.)
And in terms of spr scaling only stone skin/capella is worth it nowadays, though Iā€™m not sure what the ideal spr to int ratio is.

Dex serves no purpose for a chaplain, though it does somewhat benefit miko (kagura dance) and Inquisitor. Might not be to bad, but Iā€™m quite sure itā€™s rubbish tier.

so, if we compare the situations:

If you go INT, youā€™ll have around 642+x INT at max level (330) and 100 CON.
Thatā€™s 642 additional damage for every magic attack you do (good for multihit or %-scaling, not so good for normal skills). Blessing gets boosted by around 150-200 dmg.

Downsides are:

• low SP regeneration
  • still dependent on weapon and upgrades to deal dmg on enemies with over 1k mdef
  • no real profit in your build since it includes Ā± no multihit skill except Exorcise, ME and Cure

If you put the points into SPR instead (and drop your bonus points into INT) you get around 330 SPR, 85+ INT and 100 CON.

Thatā€™s 66 mdef, 330 additional SP regeneration and around 350 additional damage with Blessing per hit.

Downsides are:

• low damage early ingame with magic attacks (cause SPR scales badly in contrast to INT), so you rely only on auto attacks to kill
  • nearly no damage later on because of no viable multihit magic skills that could profit from Blessing damage boost
  • needs higher weapon upgrades to deal the same base damage as INT build

You could try mixing both stats for around 300 INT and 200 SPR at max level, however, with your build it doesnā€™t really profit from going, SPR, INT or SPR/INT, so itā€™s hard to say in theory crafting to say how well it will fair if you donā€™t take equipment into consideration. Iā€™ll try writing in more detail later on, as Iā€™ve got to go to University now.